Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 07:56 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (9/17)

[ QUOTE ]

Results based thinker
Results based thinker
Results based thinker
Results based thinker
Results based thinker
Results based thinker.

This reminds me of another poster who said Matusow gave away his hand with a 100% certainty when he had the nuts and was commenting that he didn't have a bunch of hands. Heck, Doyle did the exact same thing last week on PaD and had an absolute zero. I see the same stuff at least fifty times a week.
Same goes for your post. Gold does RANDOM things. Let me repeat: RANDOM. Even he has no idea until he's saying it. If he had a flush draw you would all be saying the same thing "OMG TELL BOX LOL!!! These are not tells...Just understand how stupid you are please. Let me give you an example of a possible tell that is extremely hard to spot. Phil Ivey tends to made a funny upward head movement when he has a very weak hand immediately after he bets it. Has anyone noticed it? I've seen it around twenty times now and have never seen him do it when he has a strong hand. Now this may be a credible tell. You see, I have a control in my assumptions. You have baseless, fact-less horse-crap!! For the love of God!! HELP ME!!!

My word...what's wrong with this forum? I read through some posts and so far 90% of it is fill with utter nonsense/crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not about WHAT he says, it's about HOW he's saying it. Being like "mmmm I'm waiting for a flush" and then second king appears, silence, hesitation and he bets while he tends to play very fast when he's bluffing....pro players pick up on that.

When the king hit, it really looked like it had him confused and was re-thinking over what he was supposed to say to confuse Eli's mind.

And yes this guy is arrogant. going to HSP donking away thousands of dollars always trying to bluff the best with air just to be able to show down ALL the ones that succeed (that is to say one or 2..), that's UBBER donk and arrogant.

Seriously, how much did this guy lost???
he got 12 millions in 2006 ME

-6 millions for his former "friend" whit whom he "agreed" giving half of his earnings.
-2 or 3 millions may have gone to Johnny Chan (25% of total earnings, sounds fair to me..)
- how much did he lose in HSP already?? Wasn't that close to half a million?

Did this guy even give money to charity?

At least, I really liked the way he played this episode. Last time he came with his bracelet and thought he had the image of a great champion, and that he just had to confirm it. Now he's just Jamie Gold...he doesn't make extraordinay plays, but he does them with style. He seems to have got over the fact that he's not the best player in the world, so instead he's trying his best to get the money in, taking advantage of his nit image, and not feeling the need to outplay everybody in every single hand..
Old 09-18-2007, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
was anyone else jumping up and down, hoping baxter would hit his draw and send helmuth absolutely nuclear?
that would've been the best poker on tv, ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

naw kinda glad he won so i wouldnt have to see it
Old 09-18-2007, 08:50 PM

Bob Safai U sucked so bad, I hope u are reading this. I was so glad that u over card bluffer aka chaser (also know as retard donkey)lost on AJ. LOL
Jennifer Harman-----what the fu ck she is doing there, didn't play a single hand, just taking up a seat, she is big waste on the show. At least Bob is donk enough to lose $100k in one hand.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
man, i was rooting so hard for baxter to hit his straight against hellmuth

[/ QUOTE ]
Ditto. Would've been awesome to watch Philly go off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have given Jen Harmon her next kidney to have an ace fall.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:34 PM

How has no mentioned Phil insta-pushing his remaining 30k chips into the pot and saying call once Baxter re-raised all in. It sent the entire table into an uproar and had to be about the funniest moment in televised poker history.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
These players don't even know the odds of an open ended straight draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course they know, although it's different against a set, due to the board pairing on either street, making the calculation pretty damned difficult to do in your head and I'm a mathematician. Yes, you're around a 3-to-1 favorite with a set against an OESD, but there's so many things these guys have to remember that this is pretty useless in the grand scheme of things to know the exact odds here.

[ QUOTE ]
Gold spews tells.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone who thinks this is an absolute and utter moron, period. Even Gold admits to making random actions and speeches which not even he knows about. Bloody hell, I'm so sick of this this ignorant Gold hate I feel like getting hit by a bus sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you back up a refutation on a baseless claim with a baseless claim. Noice.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:17 PM

This season is sooooo awesome.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:55 PM

Can we make a separate High Stakes Pissing Contest thread for Veil and friends?
Old 09-18-2007, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How has no mentioned Phil insta-pushing his remaining 30k chips into the pot and saying call once Baxter re-raised all in. It sent the entire table into an uproar and had to be about the funniest moment in televised poker history.

[/ QUOTE ]

That seemed kind of fake, not nearly as good as against Barry. It seemed like he was waiting to be able to do that again.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Very bad poker this week. I cannot recall one hand that was played even remotely alright by everyone involved.

Any winning SSNL player would be massively EV+ in that game.

[/ QUOTE ]

ban please.