Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2007, 03:21 PM

Default Re: Can i go buy a Wii yet?

[ QUOTE ]
I saw a FedEx truck outside the EBGames near me so I stopped in (the truck was there for the store next to them, bleh). The guy behind the counter said they probably wouldn't get any until Feb 1. BS?

[/ QUOTE ]

RDH,

this is exactly how I got my wii, we just hung out inside until the UPS guy carted some boxes in and the clerk went and checked them for us. It took him about 5 seconds to find a wii.

So it sounds like bs, but when I was trying to find one about a week ago every store we went to told us something different. One EB or Gamestop would say they had sold their last wii an hour ago, but another EB would say they hadn't had a wii in 2-3 weeks and wouldn't be getting any soon. Basically you have to find a salesman who is friendly and helpful, and they'll tell you the truth - I'm pretty sure we got lied to at least once by people who were just tired of getting asked when wii's were coming in.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:19 AM

All,

According to rumors, Best Buy and Target are both going to be getting Wiis in this Sunday. My gf found some forums where multiple people are claiming to have seen the circulars each store is going to put out. Apparently BB has been hoarding Wiis so that they could run it in the ad and actually have some in stock.

Again, this is all hearsay, but if you don't have a Wii, its worth getting a copy of the Sunday paper as early as you can and checking the ad. If its in there, hit up Target, then BB if needed (in my area Target hands out tickets at 7 for the 8AM opening, BB opens at 11).
Old 01-17-2007, 04:17 PM

My roommate and his Wii moved to Florida, so hopefully I can go get one soon. If I have to wait much longer I'm just going to wait and see if the rumors are true about the price drop to $200 and multiple colors being available come Spring time.
I didn't see these rumors being discussed from quickly browsing titles in this forum, but it doesn't look like there is any information about it out there other than what I just stated.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:25 PM

I could see the new colors thing, but I wouldn't believe a price drop. Maybe when a Wii actually makes it to a shelf w/o being intercepted between there and the UPS truck Nintendo will actually consider dropping the price. Right now, Nintendo would have to be really, really stupid to drop the price.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I could see the new colors thing, but I wouldn't believe a price drop. Maybe when a Wii actually makes it to a shelf w/o being intercepted between there and the UPS truck Nintendo will actually consider dropping the price. Right now, Nintendo would have to be really, really stupid to drop the price.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed. That's why I'm leaning towards getting one now. Possibly Nintendo will want to keep Wiis flying off the shelf once demand does start to slow down.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

According to rumors, Best Buy and Target are both going to be getting Wiis in this Sunday. My gf found some forums where multiple people are claiming to have seen the circulars each store is going to put out. Apparently BB has been hoarding Wiis so that they could run it in the ad and actually have some in stock.

Again, this is all hearsay, but if you don't have a Wii, its worth getting a copy of the Sunday paper as early as you can and checking the ad. If its in there, hit up Target, then BB if needed (in my area Target hands out tickets at 7 for the 8AM opening, BB opens at 11).

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome, my nearest BB and Target are next door to each other. and wouldn't you know it there's an IHOP up the street.

thanks for planning my sunday.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:14 PM

The Best Buy circular says 20 minimum for each store.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:06 AM

I'm seeing rumors of the 21st at Best Buy and Target as well. If I want to get one should I plan on arriving early Sunday morning before they open? I guess it couldn't hurt...
Old 01-20-2007, 02:27 PM

Ok, to reply to my own post, I have some questions.

My friend mentioned that this is the third time they are having a large Wii release. The first was Nov 17 when it first came out, the second was before Christmas when they did the same thing they're doing now, the third is tomorrow morning.

Obviously, the first release was packed and lines were over 60 people in come cases. If this were to happen this time, I would need to get out there much earlier than I originally intended.

What I'd like to know is if anyone waited in line during the second release, because I figure that will be more similar to this one for gauging the number of people who will be out there.

Target opens at 8, and they said they'd hand out vouchers at 7. Best Buy opens at 11. Right now I plan on hitting Target right around 7 and if that's not early enough, I'll run over to Best Buy and camp out there.

Any opinions on this? Anyone else planning on getting one tomorrow? Thanks.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:10 PM

That's my plan as well. I think showing up at Target a little before 6 should be ok, since if that doesn't work you'll be showing up at BB almost four hours early, and BB should have the most Wii's of all the retailers.