Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2006, 04:04 PM

Default Re: Ask Shant about T-shirts

[ QUOTE ]
this is my friends clothing company:

www.johnnycupcakes.com

he's a really nice guy and has become super successful. he allready owns one storefront and he's opening another one in boston in a few weeks. you should all check it out and order from him.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude, some of these shirts are awesome.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:04 PM

I love the first "Elected" one. I love the lettering and the color scheme. I'm actually working on a shirt with that color scheme.

The two in the middle are OK, I think they would be better on a different color shirt, but they're pretty bland design wise. I think it's pretty hard to pull off a design with a lot of little intricate things going on, and the style of these two just aren't really doing anything for me.

The last is a cool, simple shirt. I would wear it.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shant, what type of undershirt do you wear with t-shirts? I have a problem with armpit sweat so I have to where v-necks but I don't like it. What do you suggest I do to combat this?

[/ QUOTE ]
I've never really worn undershirts with t-shirts. The few times I had was because I thought there would be nipple problems with the shirt I was wearing. Whenever I do wear an undershirt with a t-shirt it's just a plain white t-shirt underneath. I don't think this looks wrong as long as the sleeves and bottom of the white tee don't stick out from the sleeves or bottom of the t-shirt on top. It's no big deal to have white neckline showing in my opinion.

There's also nothing wrong with doubling up t-shirts. If the undershirt color compliments a color in the design of the shirt, this can look really cool. Just don't wear a shirt with a design underneath that'll show through the one on top.

You could also wear thermals or long sleeve tees underneath t-shirts. Same deal as above with the complimenting colors. The problem here is it's not going to help your sweat problem with the summer coming up in Fresno.

I'm guessing more deodorant is not the solution, but I'd rather just wear the t-shirt with no undershirt. Half the fun of a t-shirt is the comfort in just wearing something that feels good. The undershirt usually makes it uncomfortable. I say just wear dark t-shirts and let it flow.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shant, what type of undershirt do you wear with t-shirts? I have a problem with armpit sweat so I have to where v-necks but I don't like it. What do you suggest I do to combat this?

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's a pretty big problem I'd ask your doctor about Drysol. That stuff is pretty amazing and after you use it you won't have to worry about pit sweat for months (at least in my experience).

It's pretty cheap and it's a pain to apply, but usually you'll only need to use it once or twice for a few months. Definitely worth it, especially if you hate wearing undershirts.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:50 PM

shant,

I will tell my friends at moralfervor to put some hip slogans on the shirt so you will be more prone to rocking them. They are cool chicks and all about the message, so I'm sure they will take this into consideration. The graffiti looking ones you sorta liked were actually cables and sht like that to make a statement about the growing problem of e-waste (electronics and other crap dumped). The line before that was all sorts of statements about war and stuff. One cool shirt had a line of jets on the front and on the back the mirror image except doves. That means something about war and peace and stuff.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:57 PM

El D,

I missed the one with the jets. I actually like that one the most. I admittedly missed the cables referrence because it looked very abstract. Maybe you can suggest that they have more pictures of the design and the shirt and less of people looking hot wearing them.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:04 AM

damn you shant, i just spent like $300 at turntablelabs.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:37 AM

I really like this thread so far. I hope you get your website up soon so we can see your work.

Here is one for the masked man from thegiantpeach website
Old 04-19-2006, 11:34 PM

Shant,
I was looking at 2k clothing (lots of great shirts, thanks) and saw that they had a grab bag where you could get 10 random t-shirts for $100. Have you ever done this grab bag deal? Do you think it's worth giving a try?

Thanks
Old 04-20-2006, 01:57 AM

I've never done it, but that's probably a bag full of shirts they couldn't sell off, maybe even on sale. The thing with 2K is they have so many good designs that you're bound to get a few good ones. Do they have smaller grab bags? Might be better to try that out first.