Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Should I let him back into the dorm?
Yeah, let him back in 32 25.60%
No, keep him out for his own good 74 59.20%
Show me the results 19 15.20%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2007, 05:17 PM

Default Re: Chicken Wings Poll

I like them mild with the suicide sauce on the side. I prefer the taste of the mild sauce, but I like the kick that the suicide provides.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oooh, 33 cent wings tonight at one of the local places. Although I might have to work, which means I am getting wings at work if so.

I wish I could remember the name of the place, but there was this wing joint in Keene, NH that was [censored] awesome. I remember making the hour each way drive from UNH to pick up a ton of their wings for rush events at our fraternity. So, so good, but I think they may have changed hands since the last time I was there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, no work. Ship 24 wings for $8 please. 12 hot, 6 oriental bbq and 6 spicy garlic.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:55 PM

Can anybody recommend some places that serve good wings in NYC? I've had Dinosaur BBQ's wings (which are oft cited) and they're pretty good but they're smoked and not fried (duh, BBQ). I'm looking for wings of the Buffalo variety, fried first and then butter+spicy sauce to finish.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:08 PM

For the Seattle folks here-
Anyone tried the Habenero Chicken Bits at Sport? They are hotter than hell, but OMG are they awesome. Just make sure you have a full beer standing by to assist with quenching the fire in your mouth/belly. They are of the boneless variety, which I prefer.

Actually, all the food there is pretty good (if seriously spendy for a sports bar), but I can't go there and not order the Habenero Bits.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Really surprised people actually eat the celery.

[/ QUOTE ]

My wife detests celery, and I like it, but enough to have it around the house anyway.

So it's novel for me to see the celery when eating wings, and I always indulge.

[/ QUOTE ]

But there is only one way to eat celery:

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty clearly two ways to eat celery.

-McGee
Old 08-28-2007, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For the Seattle folks here-
Anyone tried the Habenero Chicken Bits at Sport? They are hotter than hell, but OMG are they awesome. Just make sure you have a full beer standing by to assist with quenching the fire in your mouth/belly. They are of the boneless variety, which I prefer.

Actually, all the food there is pretty good (if seriously spendy for a sports bar), but I can't go there and not order the Habenero Bits.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've really been wanting to go there, but a Habenero thingy sounds wrong. That's a great flavor when it's sneaky and behind something, but anything that the point of it is "[censored] you, this is too hot for you to eat" is lame (and I like hot food a lot).
Old 08-28-2007, 06:31 PM

Old 08-28-2007, 07:09 PM

Daryn et al,

This thread made me go to Wings Over (Somerville) tonight. the wings are good, but not great. they aren't crispy enough (I don't like the consistency of 'mushy' chicken) and also they are breaded, which is << not breaded. it's basically your run of the mill decent Wing place.

check out Buff's, it's the closest thing you'll find in Boston to real upstate NY wings.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:17 PM

If I were just eating one wing, I would go with the hottest sauce available, but that's not really practical for an extended wing-eating session. I usually go with medium + bleu cheese because I like wings but they aren't fun to eat when you're drinking an entire glass of water after each one and sweating profusely.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:46 PM

Wow, pretty surprised at how hard ranch is being owned in that follow-up poll/pole. I can't remember the last time someone I was with requested bleu cheese, and in fact last week we were at one of the few places in town that serves it and the server even said "is bleu cheese OK or would you like me to get you some ranch", almost apologetic about the whole thing. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but it's not the norm out here.

Also, it's pretty disappointing to hear that boneless wings apparently aren't even real wings with bones removed but just like random pieces of ass and nose and whatever? False advertising FTL. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]