Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2007, 11:23 AM

Default Re: The Office: 10/04/07

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

So does Toby have a crush on Pam insinuating that it won't last?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this has been a running theme for some time now that Toby likes Pam and tries to show it but she never catches on at all. Remember Pam mentioning in the bar that she liked the stuffed animal in the video game and Toby spending hours winning it for her? Then when he gives it to her, she says that he should just give it to his daughter.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have every episode on DVR or iPod and I don't remember that. I need to start paying attention.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also another ep where Michael is just a little too over the top.

[/ QUOTE ]

They need to provide better context to his ineptitude as a manager. When he was out handing out gift baskets with Dwight he should have nailed those visits. Show that he is a sales savant and was promoted due to this without the company realising he is a social moron and has no management ability. They tried to do it last season when he went out on the sales call with Dwight but they seemed to have abandoned this idea.

If the writers make you understand that Michael is a brilliant salesman incapable of doing anything else it makes his over the top behavior in the office more plausible.

It's as simple as communicating that the company promoted him and would prefer not to fire him because despite his buffoonery there are aspects of his job that his is ridiculously good at.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They need to provide better context to his ineptitude as a manager. When he was out handing out gift baskets with Dwight he should have nailed those visits. Show that he is a sales savant and was promoted due to this without the company realising he is a social moron and has no management ability. They tried to do it last season when he went out on the sales call with Dwight but they seemed to have abandoned this idea.

If the writers make you understand that Michael is a brilliant salesman incapable of doing anything else it makes his over the top behavior in the office more plausible.

It's as simple as communicating that the company promoted him and would prefer not to fire him because despite his buffoonery there are aspects of his job that his is ridiculously good at.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said.

I thought the episode was funny, but Michael was just way over the top, and the car in the lake scene was downright ridiculous, and not a good ridiculous. I cringed during the scene, because it was just too unrealistic.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thought I'd start a thread. Solid beginning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its ok so far, nothing great. Hopefully it will pick up and get a little better.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

So does Toby have a crush on Pam insinuating that it won't last?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this has been a running theme for some time now that Toby likes Pam and tries to show it but she never catches on at all. Remember Pam mentioning in the bar that she liked the stuffed animal in the video game and Toby spending hours winning it for her? Then when he gives it to her, she says that he should just give it to his daughter.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have every episode on DVR or iPod and I don't remember that. I need to start paying attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

you also missed another instance in this weeks episode...

when pam kissed jim, toby sent out a memo to the office about PDA...
Old 10-06-2007, 04:04 PM

Toby was also really keen on blowing off his daughter's dance recital last season to go to Pam's art show but Pam shut him down. It's been a nicely plotted little side story for a while now.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They did this in the ep with the paper convention. Michael was a complete buffoon in every way... except he landed some huge account right before the end of the trip.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:54 PM

I liked the lake scene, sans law office. As others said, though, not many LOL's in here.

This did have about the greatest concentration of Scranton specific references and product placements as they had in any other episode, though.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Toby was also really keen on blowing off his daughter's dance recital last season to go to Pam's art show but Pam shut him down. It's been a nicely plotted little side story for a while now.

[/ QUOTE ]

And when Toby let Pam use his sunscreen on beach day because Michael wouldn't let him go, she mentioned she was wearing a two piece and Toby looked like he was about to cry. The list goes on.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They did this in the ep with the paper convention. Michael was a complete buffoon in every way... except he landed some huge account right before the end of the trip.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also remember an episode in Chili's where he landed a client while Jan looked on in disbelief. Was that the first time Jan and Michael hooked up? My memory is going...