Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2007, 12:00 PM

Default Re: You\'re making 800k a year now.....

To add more to my first post here like 2nd reply in the thread.

2-5 years would be as likely as anything for me. I can make £400k - my first year i buy a house where im working (for ease say Manchester where i live). Id pay cash or an uber short mortgage because im debt averse following a bad start to my credit/debit experiences.

My 'balla' car is the only car ive ever wanted, and thats a mint condition series one E Type Jaguar Roadster (they started making them in 62 and stopped making series one in 64 if memory serves. Cost is £50k, possibly up to £75k. Pure one off expense because i wouldnt be upgrading to the new model every year.

Add in a reliable run around. My gut says a new Ford Focus. £10k-£15k depending on options.

Year one is £80-£100k in cars (one of which will never lose value as it actually appreciates in value). Add in a house ranging from £200k for a basic semi detached to $500k for a really nice appartment in the town centre. Either way makes sense as in investment terms you will make your money back and depending on fees probably a juicy profit.

Year 2 is expanding on year 1. Investments which give solid annual returns for the rest of your life. Im no expert but from the little i know for a £200k lump sum you can get an investment package returning £10k per year. If it were real life and not fake scenario id invest in property under a solid buy to let scenario. For a 200k lump you can invest in £2 million worth of housing which will have your tenants covering the mortgage whilst netting you an income which would be in the low to mid 5 figure area (depending massively on portfolio).

If i was gonna push for a really nice life and a realistic scenario id use year 3s salary to invest in another couple mill worth of property and other investments (obviously youre not putting all the eggs in one basket, im no expert so would take tonnes of advice).

If i didnt hate the job year 4 and 5 would build on that, all whilst my living expenses would be £50k to £100k giving me £300k to invest long term.

Year 5 is the most id go to, and either pack it in and retire to a nice country with low costs of living like Spain where i can live a rather nice 7 figs a year from investments. In real life id probably reinvest a lot of the income as i wouldnt need that much to live on but in this hyperthetical i dont think its allowed.

If ive got my dream car, a paid off villa in Spain and an income guaranteed of £25k i can easily exist. Twice as much per year and im living really really nicely. I could achieve this sort of scenario in two to three years. If id go to five years itd be a real nice life.

Im just not the kind of person to spend loads on nice things. I wear pretty cheap clothing and my watch is a birthday present worth like £25. I won a pretty nice sum in a poker tourney a few weeks back and the only big expense ive had is paying £180 for a 20 inch monitor for my laptop. I simply paid off debt and have the rest sat around not doing a great deal.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:52 PM

3 years
Old 04-16-2007, 05:39 PM

I would probably work for a long time, make huge amounts of $$ and have a pimp ass ride