Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2006, 02:09 PM

Default Re: HSP, 7/17

Unrelated to this specific episode...

Anyone know how many bills are in the bricks that Negreanu has had?

I'm curious because I want to get the same size brick (but of $1 bills) to bring to my 1/2 game. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

My guess was that it was 500 bills, maybe a hundred or two less.... just a guess, though.
Old 07-19-2006, 02:27 PM

Whitewash: I'm pretty sure those were 50K bricks, so yes, there would be 500 bills.

That's an awesome idea, btw.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:32 PM

You guys care about Brunson's push but Negreanu's call was laughably bad preflop unless Todd tends to squeeze there with a much wider range than he has shown on the show so far.

-DeathDonkey
Old 07-19-2006, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, nobody has suggested an alternate line for Brunson. Is he supposed to check-fold every time he misses the flop (which will be most of the time) and give away a $50K pot? The real issue is obviously position. And he can't put Daniel firmly on a queen. I disagree that DN calls here with pocket tens or nines btw.

As long as Todd routinely shoves with AA-QQ also, I think his push wasn't too awful.

[/ QUOTE ]

A bet less than pot sized will make Negreanu fold 99-jj, ak, most of the time. Brunson has great odds on his bluff if he only bets around 40k. So yes, overbetting the pot is horrible relative to a normal sized bet. While the pot overbet is probably profitable, as negreanu folds underpairs+ak, it isn't as profitable as a smaller bet that does the same thing, as it loses the maximum when negreanu has a hand like AQ. Also, there's no reason for brunson to make this bet with QQ-AA, Negreanu obviously knew that, although he recognized that there was still a chance brunson had a hand. These are fairly simple concepts.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just becuase you saw her with a beer bottle doesn't mean it contained beer. She could have had it filled with apple juice and just wanted to present an image.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that seems more likely.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:44 PM

You could be right, but DN could also read a $40K bet from Todd as a missed flop that's stabbing and doesn't want to commit his stack. I just think there's another level working here (like DN knowing Todd bluffed him before on the spade hand, so he might be more willing to look him up light, but Todd knowing DN is thinking that, so a push with AA here might get a loose call, and figuring DN knows that he's on that level, so he might get a fold, you get the idea).

Or it might have just been a fatigue-driven desperation push.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:04 PM

i guess if you want to get into the "he knows that i know that he knows" stuff then maybe you could validate it, but i still dont think it was the optimal play.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whitewash: I'm pretty sure those were 50K bricks, so yes, there would be 500 bills.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that's funny.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:12 AM

These threads are always so results oriented, it's borderline comical. If someone makes a bluff and runs into a hand (like Todd this week) everyone says, how could he bluff off so many chips there? But if they don't, like Jen this week, it's some great playing. Same thing with the calls on the end, if they take the pot, they're great calls, otherwise, it's "how could he call there?" You guys know the players can't see the hole cards, right?
Old 07-20-2006, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
seriously, brunson, wtf w/ak...?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody thinks Daniel calling the large limp-rer-raise with AQ is worse?

He called a raise that was 1/3 of Todd's stack with AQ. Seems very bad to me. What's he going to do when he whiffs the flop?