Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 01:56 PM

Default Re: Halo 3: Post your likes & dislikes of multiplayer

[ QUOTE ]
The sword sucks in Halo 3. I have probably killed more people who had the sword so far than I did the entire time in Halo 2. Its ridiculously easy actually since the AR is a strong enough weapon.

The gravity hammer is also fairly useless IMO. Shotty is only real sexy in shotty/sniper. Basically any weapon that you have to be close, isn't that great, because its so easy to take peoples shields down, especially if you use teamwork.

One weapon that I am picking up everything I see it is the needler. The brute shot is also a must. Both of these demolish people, and for some reason people rarely pick them up. BR is cool too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, sword blows. In Halo 2 I practically [censored] myself when a sword guy was coming at me because I was pretty screwed. Now I win at least half my one on one battles against guys with swords. Actually, it would be sweet if the stats showed what weapons your kills were weilding when you killed them so I can check out my success vs. swords.

I love how people pass up the needler. I think too many people think A) it sucked in H2 and B) you can't dual wield anymore, so it must really suck. One needler is now better than the dual wield on H2.

[ QUOTE ]
I still wish the pistol was back to its Halo 1 form. I loved using the pistol on Halo 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Halo 1 pistol was possibly the best Halo weapon ever. Sort of a mini sniper-rifle with that scope. I owned with a shotgun/pistol combo.

Overall, I'm glad they fixed multiplayer up in this one. I was pretty good at Halo 1, then blew at Halo 2. I'd get owned by snipers & swords and just get annoyed overall. Now I fell like the weapons are more balanced then ever before.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The sword sucks in Halo 3. I have probably killed more people who had the sword so far than I did the entire time in Halo 2. Its ridiculously easy actually since the AR is a strong enough weapon.

The gravity hammer is also fairly useless IMO. Shotty is only real sexy in shotty/sniper. Basically any weapon that you have to be close, isn't that great, because its so easy to take peoples shields down, especially if you use teamwork.

One weapon that I am picking up everything I see it is the needler. The brute shot is also a must. Both of these demolish people, and for some reason people rarely pick them up. BR is cool too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suggest these weapons only for close combat. They are very good for controlling small areas. They work very well on guardian, areas of the pit, and lots of others. These just happen to be what I get the most kills w/. Also the map w/ the elevators camping underneath can get you 3-4 kills w/ a sword when one follows the other. It's actually a really good strategy.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I suggest these weapons only for close combat. They are very good for controlling small areas. They work very well on guardian, areas of the pit, and lots of others. These just happen to be what I get the most kills w/. Also the map w/ the elevators camping underneath can get you 3-4 kills w/ a sword when one follows the other. It's actually a really good strategy.

[/ QUOTE ]

That level seems to play out so differently than any other. It always seems to end up being a massacre near the elevators. With the easy to find missle pod, flamethrower, sword, and all sorts of crazy weapons, this level is insane. It's a fun change from the levels where you have to go out of your way to find the badass stuff.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That level seems to play out so differently than any other. It always seems to end up being a massacre near the elevators. With the easy to find missle pod, flamethrower, sword, and all sorts of crazy weapons, this level is insane. It's a fun change from the levels where you have to go out of your way to find the badass stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats Construct, right? I love throwing grenades up the elevator there. Ace is right, that is a great spot to camp with the sword.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ace - Any vids you can recommend? I havent really downloaded any and havent attempted to sift through the stuff on the Bungie.net forums yet.

TSC - Agree with pretty much everything you said there. Sword not so good any more, in fact I love when people pick up the sword on The Pit. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] the needler and brute shot as well.

I still wish the pistol was back to its Halo 1 form. I loved using the pistol on Halo 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are having a video contest at MLGPRO.com and are payign cash prizes for the best video clips in different categories.

Also, some people are already releasing their montages on Halo3forum.com. Both these sites have some good videos to check out.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:44 PM

The sword is a great weapon if you are with your team mates, especially on specific levels. but by yourself? Its a big sign saying "kill me now, I am a noob"
Old 10-11-2007, 03:55 PM

I think the sword is really nice for camping now, rather than running around with. Like in the Pit, if you just chill out in the room where it spawns you can often pick up kill after kill - even when they know you're there. Or like mentioned, the top level in Construct near the big lift.

Worst thing is sword on sword action. If you both slice at each other at the same time then you bounce off and repeat. This can go on forever. Basically end up having to yell for a team mate to come shoot the guy once.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Worst thing is sword on sword action. If you both slice at each other at the same time then you bounce off and repeat. This can go on forever. Basically end up having to yell for a team mate to come shoot the guy once.

[/ QUOTE ]

team swords on multiteam is awesome for this reason, because if you and your teammate work well together there's no way you'll both get sword cancelled.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:02 PM

the assault rifle reaaaalllly balanced this whole game out

at the beginning of h2 it was just dual wielding madness, then it switched to br sniper ownage

i do miss dual mags tho, those were pretty badass. the h3 pistol just seems useless
Old 10-11-2007, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i do miss dual mags tho, those were pretty badass. the h3 pistol just seems useless

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT, I don't think I have a single kill dual wielding pistols... lol, the AR is a great addition. I used to go back and play H1 just for the AR.