Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2007, 04:58 PM

Default Re: Who Are The Most Overrated Poker Players? (and Why?)

Thank you....One win and looks. What a douche.....
Old 01-04-2007, 10:24 PM

Yeah Sam Farha likes to gamble a lot and plays really loose.
I'm pretty sure he doesn't think of himself as a great NLHE player, but he's regarded as the best PLO player and absolutely destroys those games.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Over rated - jennifer harmon, howard lederer,

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah he lost what little credibility he had after i read this crap.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow, people are still posting on this thread? ...some random comments too...weird.

all in all, i think EVERYONE more or less agrees that Evelyn Ng is THE MOST OVERRATED poker player alive. not to mention that she quit poker earlier this year (from one of her interviews it said she had to take a break cuz she was stinking it up and needed to try something else for a while) and tried to make money off of simply marketing herself/looks. terrible.

i don't think she'll be around too long in the poker world with her skills, but who knows.

-TheMan

[/ QUOTE ]

According to the Dec 26th issue of Card Player, in their Poker by the Numbers column they list Ng's 2006 earnings from tournament and cash play as $250,000 (doesn't say whether that's net of tournament buy-ins though).

Not a bad number, if it's real.

Also I think it was on Beyond the Felt where Ng said that she'd earned a living from poker for the last 13 years.

So is she a decent player making a good income, who is overrated because she gets more attention than her play warrants due to her looks? Or she really is that bad, and the $250k and 13 years of success are maybe a little exaggerated?
Old 01-08-2007, 04:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Evelyn Ng- dont really even understand why she gets any attention.
Because shes so damn hott she makes everything look hott so people think shes a really good player.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:34 AM

The sheik
mike the mouth
kathy liebert
josh arieh
Old 01-14-2007, 06:15 AM

Joe Hachem???

Unbelieveable call. Almost ridiculous.

During the 2006 WSOP he came 2nd in the $2.5K Short Handed NL HE (his AQ losing to A4) He also came in 4th in the $2500 Pot Limit HE event.

During the ME, he lost a large portion of his stack when his Queens lost a coin flip to AK. To add insult to injury, his Aces got cracked by Jacks when all the money went in pre flop. He finished a respectable 238th.

To top off a great year, he won the WPT Doyle Brunson North American Poker Classic (Five Diamond World Poker Classic), where he beat a quality field.

He finished 9th in the CardPlayer.com player of the year rankings.

I ask you, do you still think he is over rated???
Old 01-14-2007, 06:42 AM

If anything, Hachem is one of the most underrated players today.

Sheik and Elezra are constantly being described as "top" players on TV. But if they always play the way they do on TV, I don't see how they could even have a shot to be winners long term in a typical $5/$10 NL game, let alone at high stakes. Both are extremely overrated in the media IMO.
Old 01-16-2007, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Like, Chris Moneymaker is still overrated; just hearing his name amongst the elite players in any way, shape, or form makes me sick. He was just a LAG who surprised a lot of players and hit his cards in a "big" (823 participants, which is nothing today). I still doubt this [censored]'s last name is "Moneymaker," and the very fact that ESPN/Pokerstars blows and then swallows this guy's load every chance they get is a testmanent to just how [censored] manipulative these two companies really are.

[/ QUOTE ]
Like, no he's not. No one rates him highly as a poker player. He's a smart guy, though, that's for sure. He's taking full advantage of an opportunity. He sells. Should he turn down an assload of money from PokerStars because people will think he's overpaid based on his skill level? Please. This is like people who reacted to A Rod getting the $252 million. No one is going to turn that down. Don't blame them for someone offering the money. And if you say you wouldn't take it, you're a fool.

[/ QUOTE ]

My roomate has some friends over visiting...none of them know anything about poker really at all. I just asked them all to write down their top 5 poker players in the world on a piece of paper. Out of 8 people's lists, 3 of them listed Chris Moneymaker as the best player in the world and he was on 6 of the 8 lists.
Old 01-16-2007, 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Right now everyone is drinking the Allen Cunningham cool-aid, gotta see where that goes. People are starting to put him just behind Ivey, I never really noticed the guy before this year's WSOP, like to see him prove himself a bit more before I get on the bandwagon.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Wasn't he WSOP POY the year before(or maybe it was 2 years before, I forget)?