Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2007, 10:15 AM

Default Re: things a customer service rep said that pissed you off

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is not true. Companies spend billions of dollars to make automated systems easier to use, and quite frankly, they're already pretty goddamn easy to use

[/ QUOTE ]

What color is the sky on your planet? It's blue on the Earth.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to listen to the options then press a button. The only [censored] ones are the voice recognition ones but that's just immature technology, and companies are using that because of people like those in this thread who are too important to listen to a bunch of options and then pick one.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And I also agree with this. I was merely disagreeing with the guy's theory of her being off the clock. Most likely, she was on the clock.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I know. I mean... telling anyone "[censored] you" ever (especially at the location of where you work / in your work attire) is just massively stupid. But it doesn't make the other guy right either... "oh just a quick question" always turns into "WELL WHY THE HELL DO I HAVE TO PAY MY BILL? I JUST PAID IT LAST MONTH, NOW MY PHONE BE CUT OFF!!"

I need to quit my job

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm late to my defense, but here it is regardless: One, my "quick question" was where is the nearest store. And again, if she had simply said sorry or something, I would have been out of there. And two, I WAS the opener/closer of a retail store for 2.5 years, and NEVER had a problem opening the door if someone knocked with a question. Seriously, are you people SO bitter about your current/former jobs that everything that could potentially annoy you does?
Old 06-13-2007, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, are you people SO bitter about your current/former jobs that everything that could potentially annoy you does?

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly I am, yes.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:29 PM

Today is classic. I want to switch over to Verizon DSL, for a variety of reasons. I tried to order online, but the site isn't letting me get to where I want to go (it ends up being a never-ending loop). I called the Sales Support number, and she of course had no idea why the site was doing that (I didn't expect her to), but also informs me that she cannot honor the online deal over the phone. Not quite sure I believe that, but I didn't feel like pushing it, so I asked for a number I might call to ask about the website problems. She tells me she'll transfer me to a very specific Fiber Optic Tech Support line. That didn't sound right to me, and I questioned it, but she said that was the one.

This is where it gets good. A tech guy answers, and I tell him I'm not sure that he is the right guy, and explain my issue. Of course, he's not even close to able to help me, and actually tells me that the sales lady probably had no idea where to send me, so she shuffled it off to someone else. Even though he wasn't the right guy, this guy STILL had me explain the problem. He suggested I tell the sales people the issue, and have them give me the deal over the phone. I tell him that I asked about that, and she said she couldn't do it. He tells me, "there is no way that's true. Call again, and just ask for a supervisor right away." I guess loyalty is more to your department than your company.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, are you people SO bitter about your current/former jobs that everything that could potentially annoy you does?

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly I am, yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was more directed the guy who says he has experience closing a store so he "knows the frustrations." It's not really that difficult.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess loyalty is more to your department than your company.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, not really. This is just an example of the First Rule of Work: If someone calls you say whatever will get them off the phone the most quickly. You only have eight hours in which to surf the internet on your employer's time, and you can't waste time helping someone you don't even know.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I guess loyalty is more to your department than your company.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, not really. This is just an example of the First Rule of Work: If someone calls you say whatever will get them off the phone the most quickly. You only have eight hours in which to surf the internet on your employer's time, and you can't waste time helping someone you don't even know.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was talking more about the guy who bad mouthed the other rep.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:14 PM

Lack of professionalism really gets me riled. Years ago I had to ring Telewest (cable provider in the UK) customer service about a bill query, so rang the number on my monthly bill...

Them: "Hello?"
Me: (strange introduction, I assume a wrong number) "Um, is that Telewest customer service?"
Them: "Yeah"
(awkward pause while I wait for an offer of assistance)
Me: "Aren't you supposed to ask if you can help me or something?"
Them: "Can I help you?"
Me: "I really f****n doubt it"

They hung up.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bill query

[/ QUOTE ]

read: "I wanted to whine about how much my bill was"
Old 06-13-2007, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You have to listen to the options then press a button.

[/ QUOTE ]

And none of the options apply to your situation. To talk to a human being, you have to navigate through 5 layers of menus, and if you make one mistake you have to start over again.