Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2007, 11:15 PM

Location: ***yankees offseason thread*** oh and Gd River Ave Blues
Default Re: Tour Championship

[ QUOTE ]
This is 100% over for the fedex cup...Tiger would have to DNF to lose, there's no way he's dropping 10shots to the field over the final day. He could play with a 7i and putter and still prolly win (though he may have trouble with #6 :P)

[/ QUOTE ]

even if tiger DNFs, phil and steve and rory would have to make top 3 to win. it's not happening. it's a lock.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
even if tiger DNFs, phil and steve and rory would have to make top 3 to win. it's not happening. it's a lock.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is true.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LOL "Phold." dude did I ever mention how clever you are with that. it's just so FRESH, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

yawn, funny you're talking about fresh material, etc...

[/ QUOTE ]

see my primer from an earlier post (thread?) on why my reuse of material actually is funny and draws rave reviews. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 09-16-2007, 03:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It did not look like a stroke to me. The putter was coming down at almost a perpendicular angle to the ground. That's a pretty unorthodox putting stroke, even for a tap in.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with this. Also, I doubt a guy is going to risk his golf career and reputation off of a single questionable stroke. I do however think that people like a good old fashioned witch hunt, which in this case is not good for Woody.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tiger struggling with his putter today and still will shoot 65 or better. Woody whines about how Tiger is beatable and may not break par.

Let's see how his closest points competitors are doing.

#2 Stricker - 15 shots behind
#3 Mickelson - 12 shots behind
#4 Sabatini - 11 shots behind
#5 KJ Choi - 13 shots behind
#6 Baddeley - 15 shots behind
#7 Adam Scott - 10 shots behind
#8 Jim FYrk - 15 shots behind
#9 Vijay Singh - 9 shots behind
#10 Sergio Garcia - 5 shots behind

[/ QUOTE ]

I never thought anything could top winning the Match Play back-to-back (which was about my 5th "never thought" re: Tiger), but this prolly does it yet again.

We'll never know how little Tiger has wanted to play anything between the PGA and the Target this year, nor how much much he truly dislikes sundry aspects of the FX Cup, plus he hates this muni dogtrack they're playing on, yet he's just wiping everyone out, out of spite most likely, just so he can twist the knife in during the interviews Sunday afternoon.

Calc & Zach go lights out & Tiger doesn't play nearly as well or luckily as he did on Friday, but he's still got a 3 shot lead and the only two guys w/legit shots in the point race on Thursday are now 15 & 12 shots back.

Only thing to say is, lol.

Oh, and yes, sorry Woody, but what ever you THOUGHT you were doing, that was a whiff & it wasn't close.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nice to see NBC do an "inside-information" piece on Phold at the beginning of the telecast. According to Phold he was hitting the ball better than anyone else, but Phold figured he'd finish second in the FedEx Cup because he would win but Tiger would finish second.

Good to see him back up his words with an even par 70. Hey, he's just that good.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL "Phold." dude did I ever mention how clever you are with that. it's just so FRESH, too.

also, T4 in driving accuracy and T3 in total driving, so he actually is hitting the ball pretty darn well. If only he didn't putt like a blind man today and thursday he'd have shot 59 both days. it's as simple as that, really.

also, you're still such a flaming [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i totally agree, he would've shot a 59 if it weren't for some bad putting. i love you euro.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:23 AM

Location: ***yankees offseason thread*** oh and Gd River Ave Blues

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is true.

[/ QUOTE ]

why? tiger has 3,133 point advantage over the next guy.

tour championship awards 10,300-6,200-3,900 points for the first three places, and 2,800 for the fourth. No one can catch him without placing in the top 3.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It did not look like a stroke to me. The putter was coming down at almost a perpendicular angle to the ground. That's a pretty unorthodox putting stroke, even for a tap in.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with this. Also, I doubt a guy is going to risk his golf career and reputation off of a single questionable stroke. I do however think that people like a good old fashioned witch hunt, which in this case is not good for Woody.

[/ QUOTE ]

I missed this, so had to look it up. For others who missed it:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gifW57c6X34

I think it's close enough that if Woody says it wasn't a stroke, I'm going to believe him.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If only he didn't putt like a blind man today and thursday he'd have shot 59 both days. it's as simple as that, really.

[/ QUOTE ]

At least I got a good laugh out of that. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

On the Woody-Whiff.

I think he was mad and went up to the ball and wanted to just hit it really hard without thinking. As he started to do that he stopped himself and ended up with that odd looking pushing the putter down behind the ball move. Don't really think it was a stroke. I've done stuff like that before and afterwards thought, "Boy that was dumb, I might have accidentally hit the ball."

If it was a whiff I think Woody would say it was. Not like he has anything to gain by lying about it at this point.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:31 PM

I did not see the alleged break of rules, nor do I want to, don't care at all. But even if you are making a swing for the ball intending to hit the ball you are allowed to stop that swing without it counting as a stroke if you stop your swing before the clubhead passes the ball. If Woody stopped his swing before the clubhead passed the ball it is no stroke, no discussion at all, no question if he intended to hit the ball or not that would have nothing to do with the rules of golf, only if the clubhead passes the ball or not. If the clubhead passes the ball it is a stroke if the player intended to hit the ball. If he did not and hit the ball anyway it would not be a stroke and the ball has to be replaced, but a penalty would be incurred for moving the ball when at rest.

Read the rules, make up your own mind, but please consider that there are people watching this that have more than 30+ years of experience with the rules of golf more than you and I that are handling this. Apparently as Woody has not been DQ'ed, he shouldn't be.