Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2006, 06:56 AM

Default Product review: Koss KSC 75

[ QUOTE ]

Koss KSC-75 are exactly what you want.

[/ QUOTE ]

These just came in the mail today. Thanks, RJ, for the reco. These sound pretty good. They're not brilliant, but for the price I think they're exceptional.

The songs I tested them with at first were:

"100 Miles and Runnin'" -- NWA
"Ball and Chain" -- Social D
"Portions For Foxes" -- Rilo Kiley

The bass in the NWA song was not lacking as much as I thought it would. Vocals were very very clear. The Social D song sounded okay; the original production of the song isn't perfect, but I expected a bit better fidelity, since it didn't sound as sharp as it does on my CD player. The Rilo Kiley track projects excellent treble without sounding tinny, and the separation between low and high is very good.

I listened to all three again with the earbuds for comparison, and there is no comparison. After the KSC-75s, earbuds sound like newspaper and string.

Overall review: 8/10.
Old 03-31-2006, 12:04 AM

Default Re: Ask PITTM: Headphones, basketball, smoking weed.

i'll go ahead and drive my after-school special position on this subject into the ground: take it easy on the volume. it is really easy to cause hearing loss with headphones. and no, i haven't been a victim of this, but i know plenty that it is beginning to affect already.
Old 03-31-2006, 12:53 AM

RJ,

I want a sweet pair of headphones. I will only use these while sitting at my computer playing poker. I will spend up to $1000. I want something that does not need an amplifier/batteries. Low power consumption is a plus. I hate earbuds. Please help. Thanks.

-Evan
Old 03-31-2006, 05:32 AM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
i'll go ahead and drive my after-school special position on this subject into the ground: take it easy on the volume. it is really easy to cause hearing loss with headphones. and no, i haven't been a victim of this, but i know plenty that it is beginning to affect already.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would like to clarify (and im sure astroglide already understands) that headphone amplifiers change the sound moreso than just make music loud, so yes, watch your volume, but dont let that be confused with an excuse not to properly amplify your music.

rj
Old 03-31-2006, 05:40 AM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
RJ,

I want a sweet pair of headphones. I will only use these while sitting at my computer playing poker. I will spend up to $1000. I want something that does not need an amplifier/batteries. Low power consumption is a plus. I hate earbuds. Please help. Thanks.

-Evan

[/ QUOTE ]

Your Dream Headphone <3

rj
Old 03-31-2006, 06:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i would like to clarify (and im sure astroglide already understands) that headphone amplifiers change the sound moreso than just make music loud, so yes, watch your volume, but dont let that be confused with an excuse not to properly amplify your music.

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

Aye. Distortion is far worse than simply volume.
Old 03-31-2006, 06:40 AM

Default Re: Product review: Koss KSC 75

Basketball question - playing pick up, you're on defense and your man tries to pic your teammate. Do you step up? If so, just for a sec and then go back? or do you expect your teammate to fight through the screen and just call the screen and stick with your guy the whole time?
Old 03-31-2006, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Basketball question - playing pick up, you're on defense and your man tries to pic your teammate. Do you step up? If so, just for a sec and then go back? or do you expect your teammate to fight through the screen and just call the screen and stick with your guy the whole time?

[/ QUOTE ]

it depends on my teammate and the people im playing against. a lot of the time if a screen is called out correctly the person should have no problem getting through, i usually step up for a second and see how my teammate reacts, but if its a perimeter shooter you really have to step up right away. when people dont step out on a screen on me i will just hit 3s all day, but im pretty weak at taking the ball to the hole, so i would step out on me really hard if i was defending myself. i think you see where im going with this.

rj
Old 03-31-2006, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it depends

[/ QUOTE ]

this explains why i always get different answers to this question. some people I play with never want me to help- don't want me to step up at all. others expect me to step up all the time, at least right away.
Old 03-31-2006, 06:48 PM

Is getting a medicinal card worthwhile? I know 5 or 6 people I can talk to to get hooked up, but it's always the friend of a friend who actually supplies and it often takes a week or 2 to get it with a large possibility of not happening.

I just want discrete dependability. I live in the SF bay area so this shouldn't be a huge deal, but I'm a huge newb.