Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Pick 1 WR
Randy Moss vs. AZ 4 66.67%
Lee Evans vs. NE 2 33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-26-2007, 06:51 AM

Default Re: Which HSP players could beat 5/10 NL online?

This is weired [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Just my thoughts. I don't ever remember writing anything about Fahra / reading recently.

*hug*
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2007, 07:06 AM

dang. I'v had the feeling before, but this time it was way more detailed and clear.

At first i thought I was in the wrong thread and I just read an old post. Then I was like NO WAY! this guy just wrote it!!!
Old 09-26-2007, 07:10 AM

and whats even weirder is that cat avatar seems to keep moving closer to me like its coming of the screen then BOOM it falls back again
Old 09-26-2007, 07:35 AM

Ye, its all about the cat [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2007, 07:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Barry, Antonio, Mike. Maybe Helmuth.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-26-2007, 07:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Somehow the more I watch Fahra on HSP, the more I think he is much smarter than most people here think and mostly does this for the show or the fun of it. First season I thought he was a tool and Gus was the god. Now and a few hunderd thousands hands later, I think close to the opposite [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Not exactly the god, but I think that someone who gave so much trouble to aba should be at least somewhat competent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you seen the latest HSP?

Ill comment in it in white in case you dont want to know:

<font color="white"> I never thought id see Sammy tilt off like 300k, but there it was. </font>

Tbh, ive no idea how much trouble Sammy gave Brian, from what i read around the time it was mainly Bobby who was the mega shark (he specifically talked about how impressed he was of his reads and play IIRC).

Im not saying he didnt give him some trouble, but im not aware of Brian saying this and without his point of view no one here can really comment on that.

-----

SABR,

Yes, Jamie is a bit of a LP donk - but he can outweigh his 'disadvantages' and beat up on weaker players by manipulating their play. In many ways Negreanu does the same, but Daniel is simply in another league to Gold; but then he has a good decade more in experience.

Who ever thought he would come off well on HSP last year, he went in trying the same moves that (presumably) work on LA new money and the WSOP donk field on people like Doyle. But by the same token, how many 2+2ers wouldnt get crushed by Doyle?

But it seems since then he has learnt his lessons, and even though he has lost a couple mill in the big games of Bobbys Room (before this gets jumped on, see Jen Harmans comment to Hellmuth re his half mill losing day) he hasnt done anything particularly bad on this seasons HSP - though his play of the J8s hand i didnt like im sure situationally it looks a lot better than in a vacuum.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:04 AM

I don't think anyone has mentioned this, but they play with an ante in the GSN game.
Not that it makes all the crazy plays correct, but you can't compare it to the play no 5/10 online.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Have you seen the latest HSP?

Ill comment in it in white in case you dont want to know:

<font color="white"> I never thought id see Sammy tilt off like 300k, but there it was. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely. But what was an interesting note,<font color="white"> he could have easily steamed off before, say with AQs, but for some reason he chose not to. Yet he did two blind pushes in a row against people he knew were incapable of folding a middle pair. It may be tilt, may be something else.</font> He is not a rookie in this sort of game, and playing the way he plays on HSP he must have been long broke by now.

Aba was originally down a 7figure to Fahra. This does not bear any indication of course, but its not a very likely scenario against someone with almost 100 VPIP full ring. Edge has to be somewhat relatively close for these swings to happen even in hu matches - this was not a game against some ABC microdonk, it was a match against one of the top players in the world who makes it damn sure he extracts every cent possible out of the opposite party. From the look of Fhara's HSP performances I first anticipated a total slaughter.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:39 AM

Ummm who cares who is technically better? All of you internet pro's are going to go broke unless the US legislation is changed. Even if it doesn't, NL cash games will continue to get tougher and tougher until you are all sitting around trading BR's and paying rake. This is what happens when you have 10 million 20 somethings that do not want to get a real job.

If you ask me I would much rather be a live pro with some marketability that is able to freeroll into tournament after tournament and make money on the side.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:41 AM

Let me guess, please check the boxes where appropriate:

[ ]internet poker is rigged
[ ]live tells rule
[ ]JTs is the nuts