Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2007, 11:58 AM

Default Re: Joe Seboks blog post - Re: Ikes play

[ QUOTE ]
I already know he's slightly better than a std donk, so sure, fine, he's +EV in a live donkament. That doesn't mean he's actually any good.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? Of course it means he is good. It certainly doesn't mean he is the best, but being better than average and being +EV in big buyin tournaments makes you at least good. Good is a relative term, and relative to the field, he is good. Perhaps relative to the best is he not good, but that is not a very good way of standardizing the abilities of poker players, it should obviously be in comparison to the average field you play against most often.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:19 PM

OT: Sorry for the mini-highjack

Does anyone have a link to that blog Sebok and Stapleton were talking about on the most recent show that had the hamburger story?
Old 07-07-2007, 01:52 PM

Just got back to this thread

SuperUberBob, from your posts in this thread, you are wrong a lot and don't understand some basic concepts.

Stevepa is right as usual.
Old 07-07-2007, 02:08 PM

This blog is completely retarded, the AT reraise is totally standard, especially with antes in play. Not reraising would be very bad, unless you had some kind of physical tell or knew that the player raising was an ridiculously tight stealer for some reason (obviously this shouldn't be the case against someone who plays poker all the time).
Old 07-07-2007, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People are dumb...

From what i've gathered:

-Joe Sebok may be a winning live tounrment player, but so is a monkey who can beat $1 online MTTs.
-Joe Sebok does not understand basic tournament concepts
-Thinking the 99 call is even remotely close vs Ike's re-stealing range is LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

he just said it was closer than the previous hand, in which he had KK on the button? Ofc we don't know the stack sizes, maybe ike pushed allin for 100x the BB and Sebok had him covered!
Old 07-07-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it seems like Joe has no understanding of a resteal whatsoever. On the radio show he called the A-10 a zero play...mocking ike saying if you get called your crushed and if you have him beat hes going to fold. He has no clue that you are raising it to steal his raise and that the A-10 is meaningless at this point. He's looking at it as Ike trying to get it in with A-10 against a hand worse then A-10 which is ludicrous and shows that Sebok really has no clue

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really so ludicrous its not even funny. Of course you won't be called by a worse hand, but youll at least have usually 25-30% equity when called (and of course sometimes around 45% against underpairs), and you won't be called that often.

I don't know this Sebok guy at all, I just hate when people act like they are God's gift and insult other players, while at the same time spouting the most ignorant nonsense I've ever heard. I'm surprised he didn't go on to say how it'd be much better to steal with 76s because then you aren't dominated when you get called.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it seems like Joe has no understanding of a resteal whatsoever. On the radio show he called the A-10 a zero play...mocking ike saying if you get called your crushed and if you have him beat hes going to fold. He has no clue that you are raising it to steal his raise and that the A-10 is meaningless at this point. He's looking at it as Ike trying to get it in with A-10 against a hand worse then A-10 which is ludicrous and shows that Sebok really has no clue

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really so ludicrous its not even funny. Of course you won't be called by a worse hand, but youll at least have usually 25-30% equity when called (and of course sometimes around 45% against underpairs), and you won't be called that often.

I don't know this Sebok guy at all, I just hate when people act like they are God's gift and insult other players, while at the same time spouting the most ignorant nonsense I've ever heard. I'm surprised he didn't go on to say how it'd be much better to steal with 76s because then you aren't dominated when you get called.

[/ QUOTE ]

curtains, this sums it up pretty much perfectly. the fact that any players sit there and act like a smug douche because of the way another player played(regardless of whether it was defensible, or not) is a total embarassment to being a poker player. like really, my friends see this [censored] on tv and figure all poker players are like this. unfortunately, they are right.

YOU'RE THAT HAXTON KID, RIGHT?

give me a [censored] break. the smugness of tourney pros has to be the worst of all. being +ev in these big tournaments is basically a lock for any winning mid stakes cash player. you can give yourself edges here and there, but the fields are so bad in these things that of course any decent player is a "winning tournament player," regardless of results.

Taking any player who has had success and looking back retrospectively on how good they are and citing things like how much they've won doesn't prove anything. Analyzing a player's decisions and thought processes does, and Sebok's interpretation of these events speaks much more loudly about his actual poker knowledge and ability than any amounts of "cashes" or "winnings."

Obviously Sebok would never play Ike heads up in a cash game because he'd just get railroaded, and he really has nothing to gain even by winning(unless the stakes were quite high). He can only (likely) lose and then look like even more of a [censored] than he did in his blogtilt post.
James
Old 07-07-2007, 04:16 PM

great post james...nh indeed
Old 07-07-2007, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Umm, am I the only one who realises that Joe is a PROFESSIONAL and as such he is right and people who post on internet forums are wrong? Geez.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sarcasm...? I hope.

[/ QUOTE ]

Joe Sebok from the last podcast: "Well the thing that cracked me up is, you read the thread and people are going on about how I don't know what I'm doing and how bad I am... like people, if you're doing something professionally and you're able to make money at it, especially in a competitive environment--I'm not saying I'm the best by any means, I'm still learning the game--but trust me, I'm probably better than you if you're writing on a thread"
Old 07-07-2007, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Umm, am I the only one who realises that Joe is a PROFESSIONAL and as such he is right and people who post on internet forums are wrong? Geez.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sarcasm...? I hope.

[/ QUOTE ]

Joe Sebok from the last podcast: "Well the thing that cracked me up is, you read the thread and people are going on about how I don't know what I'm doing and how bad I am... like people, if you're doing something professionally and you're able to make money at it, especially in a competitive environment--I'm not saying I'm the best by any means, I'm still learning the game--but trust me, I'm probably better than you if you're writing on a thread"

[/ QUOTE ]

Ike
Mastr
StoxTrader
CTS
PickyTooth
Sponger
Shaniac
Stevepa
Curtains
James282

Joe here's a list of 10 guys who posted in this thread. Please pic anyone of them to play heads up. For any amounts of money.

It would be fun if you could back up your random stupid comments for once.

ps. You can always get one of your 2 daddy's (Barry and Gavin) to back you.