Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2004, 11:27 PM

Default Re: Some notes on notes

My auto-rate recommendations are based on a mix between Bison Bison's post at 2+2 and my original post 2 or so weeks ago at the Poker Tracker forum. I recommend disabling the checkbox to include pre-flop aggression numbers in Aggression totals, I have compensated for this by assuming an aggressive player has a Total Aggression Factor of greater than 2 (this number is still up for debate, but for now I think it is more accurate to determine the difference between passive and aggressive post-flop players than Bison's original recommendation of 1.5 if the checkbox remains unchecked). I also recommend renaming each icon (general info tab "...") to match the "Name".

To access my guide in a properly formatted spreadsheet, copy and past the text below into a text file names auto-rate.csv. If your Microsoft Excel settings are the standard defaults, double clicking on the file will open it in Excel (.CSV is a comma delimitated file, commas separate the fields for import into Excel).

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre> Icon,Name,VPIP,PFR,Total Aggression,Expression
,Fish,Loose,Passive,Passive,Vol. Put Money In Pot % is greater than or equal to 30.00 AND Pre-flop Raise % is less than 5.00 AND Aggression Factor - Total is less than 2.00
,Elephant,Loose,Passive,Aggressive,Vol. Put Money In Pot % is greater than or equal to 30.00 AND Pre-flop Raise % is less than 5.00 AND Aggression Factor - Total is greater than or equal to 2.00
,Calling Station,Semi-Loose,Passive,Passive,Vol. Put Money In Pot % is between 20.00 and 29.00 AND Pre-flop Raise % is less than 5.00 AND Aggression Factor - Total is less than 2.00
,Question,Semi-Loose,Passive,Aggressive,Vol. Put Money In Pot % is between 20.00 and 29.99 AND Pre-flop Raise % is less than 5.00 AND Aggression Factor - Total is greater than or equal to 2.00
,Dice,Loose,Aggressive,Passive,Vol. Put Money In Pot % is greater than or equal to 30.00 AND Pre-flop Raise % is greater than or equal to 5.00 AND Aggression Factor - Total is less than 2.00
,Taz,Loose,Aggressive,Aggressive,Vol. Put Money In Pot % is greater than or equal to 30.00 AND Pre-flop Raise % is greater than or equal to 5.00 AND Aggression Factor - Total is greater than or equal to 2.00
,Frown,Semi-Loose,Aggressive,Passive,Vol. Put Money In Pot % is between 20.00 and 30.00 AND Pre-flop Raise % is greater than or equal to 5.00 AND Aggression Factor - Total is less than 2.00
,Smile,Semi-Loose,Aggressive,Aggressive,Vol. Put Money In Pot % is between 20.00 and 30.00 AND Pre-flop Raise % is greater than or equal to 5.00 AND Aggression Factor - Total is greater than or equal to 2.00
,Rock,Tight,Passive,Passive,Vol. Put Money In Pot % is less than 20.00 AND Pre-flop Raise % is less than 5.00 AND Aggression Factor - Total is less than 2.00
,Mouse,Tight,Passive,Aggressive,Vol. Put Money In Pot % is less than 20.00 AND Pre-flop Raise % is less than 5.00 AND Aggression Factor - Total is greater than or equal to 2.00
,Hazard,Tight,Aggressive,Passive,Vol. Put Money In Pot % is less than 20.00 AND Pre-flop Raise % is greater than or equal to 5.00 AND Aggression Factor - Total is less than or equal to 2.00
,Eagle,Tight,Aggressive,Neutral,Vol. Put Money In Pot % is less than 20.00 AND Pre-flop Raise % is greater than or equal to 5.00 AND Aggression Factor - Total is between 2.00 and 3.00
,Money,Tight,Aggressive,Aggressive,Vol. Put Money In Pot % is less than 20.00 AND Pre-flop Raise % is greater than or equal to 5.00 AND Aggression Factor - Total is greater than or equal to 3.00
,Bomb,MANIAC!,,,
</pre><hr />

I hope this is helpful for some of you here....

In da club [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 08-24-2004, 01:15 PM

how do you figure out the Total Aggression Stat?
Old 08-24-2004, 01:47 PM

On PT
1. Bring up the 'General Info' tab
2. click 'My Stats' above the player list on your left
3. click 'More Info' on the right side of your player summary
4. scroll down until you see the player actions table - the right most column is 'Aggression Factor'
Old 08-24-2004, 06:39 PM

If you, like me, is having trouble to remember what the icons mean here is a picture that you can use:

Old 08-25-2004, 08:54 AM

Pat has also posted the GIF (or were they PICT? I forget) files he used in PT for those of use who wish to create Excel Spreadsheets or something similar.

Pat also announced that he will be including an Aunto-Rate settings export/import feature in the next 2.5 revision. Go Pat!

PS: I had trouble designing the query to determine a median for Aggression Factor stats. =Hopefully Pat can help me out, until then I'm going to use "2" as the median to determine if a player is Passive or Aggressive.

In da club [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 09-04-2004, 04:15 PM

The latest beta version of PokerTracker has the ability to Import/Export AutoRate rules...

Is there anyone who has spent the many labourious hours required to enter bisonbison's rules and has the latest version care to export them and make the rules file available to those of us who are lazy?

here's to hoping...
Old 09-05-2004, 12:49 AM

Thanks for sending me Bison's PT Rules detruncate!!

Anyone interested can download the file here.

right click on the link and select 'Save Target as'

Bison's Rules

Edit: latest beta version of Poker Tracker (2.05.00d) is required to import this file
Old 09-05-2004, 06:51 PM

Location: Pittsburgh Pa (North Suburb called Cranberry Township)

Bison,
Thanks for this. My ratings had been very subjective and would vary from session to session. In recent sessions (my last 3 two week pay periods), I have dipped to TA-N. I knew that I was losing aggression, but thought that it had more to do with preflop. In reality, it has been about checking on the end versus betting. When I brought in the beta version and imported your ranking system, the PF aggression number went away with the new more detail. Is this a 2.5 feature or is this something that changed with your code descriptions?

Also, I filtered back to my previous pay cycles to put a total aggression number in the spreadsheet as well as my rating. I was surprised that it would not change the rating based upon the filtered time. For example, it was showing the same rating over each period, even though some were more aggressive than periods than others.

Thanks again,
Kevin
Old 09-05-2004, 07:18 PM

Just got PT yesterday, and in an admittedly horribly pathetic sample size of 800, I'm a moneybag.

VP$IP: 18.06
PFR: 9.73
T-A: 3.07.

Deck's been smacking me in the face (I'm up 100BB in 2 days).
Old 09-05-2004, 08:08 PM

Anyone else rue the day "Sample Size" was dragged into the forums?

Here's a thought... why don't we all try extra-specially hard to set this little teapot tempest free to go about its own tempestuous business? I'm pretty sure he doesn't need us butting in every time he manages to get things frothing and foaming just right. Hell... with all the work we're putting poor Sample Size to, I'm suprised he's able to find the strength to muster up so much as a gentle breeze... which is an awfully embarassing thing to happen to a tempest of his stature.

And I probably shouldn't be telling you this... but it's causing trouble at home. The shapely Ms. Teapot is about ready to kick his ass to the curb with all you cats keeping him out so late. Believe you me, she's not someone you want to cross. It doesn't take much to make her flip her lid.