Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 11:31 PM

Default Re: The Well: SEABEAST

please start coaching already. i luv your style too much.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:36 PM

i'm a complete noob.....but, when you say 33/14 is pretty fish, what do the numbers represent?

oh, and also, do you have an ahk for auto time banking with party? if yes, any way we can get it?
Old 09-10-2007, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm a complete noob.....but, when you say 33/14 is pretty fish, what do the numbers represent?

oh, and also, do you have an ahk for auto time banking with party? if yes, any way we can get it?

[/ QUOTE ]

33 = Voluntary put money in the pot
14 = preflop raise %

There's no timebank on party.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:52 PM

so what preflop raise % and what VPIP numbers are u looking for in order to classify someone as being good?
Old 09-11-2007, 12:06 AM

Seabeast,

Have you ever run a pokerev calculation? It would take ages for your DB but I'd love to get a glimpse at even a month's worth of data.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Hmm, good question. I have trouble sometimes with guys with nitty stats but who threebet a ton, you know the type - 19/12 or 18/15 but they manage to threebet or squeeze you once every orbit. After a while you can figure out how often they are reraising and adjust a bit but at first it's really hard to deal with

[/ QUOTE ]
word, this is where I spew the most.

You seem very intelligent and my friends who play on party say you are the best. Keep up the good work and this has been a good well so far!
Old 09-11-2007, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seabeast,

Have you ever run a pokerev calculation? It would take ages for your DB but I'd love to get a glimpse at even a month's worth of data.

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe nah sorry i try not to focus on that sort of stuff too much [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2007, 03:02 AM

Seabeast,

How does the 400nl game on Party compare to other sites? Esp, full tilt. I play 200 just started taking shots at 400, my BR is spread accross multiple sites, but I'm considering moving it all to party. Do you play there because you like the software? Cause it seems handicaping since you dont get rakeback.
It's prolly been a while, but do you have any tips for moving from 200 to 400?
Old 09-11-2007, 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seabeast,

How does the 400nl game on Party compare to other sites? Esp, full tilt. I play 200 just started taking shots at 400, my BR is spread accross multiple sites, but I'm considering moving it all to party. Do you play there because you like the software? Cause it seems handicaping since you dont get rakeback.
It's prolly been a while, but do you have any tips for moving from 200 to 400?

[/ QUOTE ]

FROM SEABEAST EARLIER IN THE THREAD

[ QUOTE ]

And just to add some content: What do you think is the biggest difference between playing on Party vs TAG-heavy sites (as far as your playing style and approach to the games)? Is Party being Party a big factor in why you crush the games?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a pretty interesting question actually. I play on FT a bit sometimes and the games are fairly different. Party is much more aggressive, the fish are worse but the regulars are actually much better too, I think fighting to isolate the fish tends to toughen people up a lot whereas on FT there are a lot more weak/mediocre regulars but also less fish.

I don't think Party is as much easier than other sites as people think. One thing I definitely noticed playing on FT though was that my style wasn't really appropriate for the way those games play. I am used to having most people know that I am pretty aggressive and a bit of a station and I have gotten good at playing under those assumptions vs people who know me - playing anonymously on FT I was definitely making a lot of mistakes because I wasn't used to people seeing me as a generic tag, and also people play differently on FT - they raise top pair on the flop much more often, and wait til the turn to raise with sets for example. You don't really see this on Party, people instacall down top pair and raise sets on the flop every time.

But I think if I made adjustments I could win as much/nearly as much on FT. jfish and thejared are two really good players there who seem to crush the games pretty hard so it can be done. I prefer Party though, you can get your stack in a lot more often and gambool [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-11-2007, 04:08 AM

Where is online poker going in the next 5 years? 15 years? ie regarding dominant games, playing styles, profitablilty, legalitly? Educated guess unless u have some sort of cystal ball.