Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you hereby agree to these terms stated above?
YA 31 60.78%
NAY 20 39.22%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-13-2007, 05:34 AM

Default Re: ***Official 2p2 WSOP Cashes 2007***

6/9/2007 15 No Limit Hold'em (3-Day event) $1,500

107th $4484 Nick Rainey
Old 06-13-2007, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
entertainme,

nath has formed a committee to set forth official guidelines for inclusion in this list. Please await further instructions from nath regarding who can be added to the list and which names need to be removed.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think that anyone who actually took the time to register for this message board deserves a mention on the list of cashes if they are fourtunate enuff to cash. Really, who is it gonna hurt? Only upside for that particular poster from getting a mention.

BTW- Event 20 $2,000 Stud Hi/Lo: 4th Greg Raymer [Greg Raymer (Fossilman)] $41,460 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-13-2007, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
entertainme,

nath has formed a committee to set forth official guidelines for inclusion in this list. Please await further instructions from nath regarding who can be added to the list and which names need to be removed.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think that anyone who actually took the time to register for this message board deserves a mention on the list of cashes if they are fourtunate enuff to cash. Really, who is it gonna hurt? Only upside for that particular poster from getting a mention.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because nobody cares about a 1 post newbie. It dilutes the attention recieved by people we actually care about and have contributed to the forums.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
entertainme,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because nobody cares about a 1 post newbie. It dilutes the attention recieved by people we actually care about and have contributed to the forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have lurked on here for a long time....only posted 35ish times...I am playing ME...guess I wouldnt count.?! seems a little snobbish to me...but it wont hurt my feelings....but I do credit this site....HOH...and pxf.com with most of my success....
Old 06-14-2007, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
entertainme,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I understand where y'all are coming from, but me (personally) I've lurked these boards for years. I've felt apart of the "know" for all of that time. Just b/c the date of my registration says '07 or my # of post isn't at a certain level doesn't mean I'm less worthy of being included if I happen to cash @ the WSOP.

But w/e, the powers that be will do what they wanna do anyway.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
entertainme,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not true. The date of registration also matters. If I see a person with 5 posts but who registered 3 years ago I figure he's been reading and studying so he is a 2+2er. If I see someone with 5 posts who registered on the day the WSOP began or in the days preceding then he's a noob who shouldn't be counted in this years' tally.

Maybe a better way to do this would be to include only those 2+2ers with a reg date from 12/31/06 and before for the 2007 WSOP tally.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
entertainme,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not true. The date of registration also matters. If I see a person with 5 posts but who registered 3 years ago I figure he's been reading and studying so he is a 2+2er. If I see someone with 5 posts who registered on the day the WSOP began or in the days preceding then he's a noob who shouldn't be counted in this years' tally.

Maybe a better way to do this would be to include only those 2+2ers with a reg date from 12/31/06 and before for the 2007 WSOP tally.

[/ QUOTE ]

If someone took the time to register, they are technically a 2+2er. In many cases, it is hard to judge just how much someone is reading from their post count.

For those who feel there is a difference you could always label the '07 2+2 members as "2+2 rookies" on the list, which should satisfy everyone.

Just a compromise suggestion.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:35 AM

Hi,

Been really busy IRL. Lots of work again today. Will do an update as time allows. My apologies for the delay. Just want everyone to know I haven't forgotten!
Old 06-14-2007, 02:10 PM

JC, Dawg, and others:

Thanks for the comments. Nath's committee will be taking them under advisement and will provide an official ruling in the near future.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
JC, Dawg, and others:

Thanks for the comments. Nath's committee will be taking them under advisement and will provide an official ruling in the near future.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually we disbanded the committee last week. You weren't on the CC list I guess? Where IS that memo?