Fold 6 17.65%
Super easy fold 3 8.82%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-30-2006, 07:20 PM

Default Re: Guys wearing wedding rings

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If a woman is married she will wear a ring on her left hand, the finger to the right of the pinky correct??

now why in the world do i keep seeing chicks with rings on their right hand? this is making it very difficult for me. I see a nice girl I want to make a move but I see she is wearing a ring on her right hand. Of course I don't want to embarrass myself hitting on a married woman so I stay away.

Do women usually wear wedding rings on their right hand or are the rings they wear on the right hand just for fashion etc? I just don't know how to tell if they are for fashion or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Left hand, finger next to pinky is the one for wedding rings.

[/ QUOTE ]
In some countries it's the right hand... So be warned, when abroad it's def. not a no-brainer.

[/ QUOTE ]
What countries to be exact? Most of the non-americans at my school are Mexicans and asians (japanese/korean) and some swedes/russians. Do any of them wear the wedding rings on the right hand?

2 more questions
1. what if the girl has a ring on the wedding finger but it is not the classic wedding ring (you know the usually gold ring with nothing on it).

I keep seeing chicks with rings that are not the usual gold/silver ring but instead are rings that are more the fashion type, you know fashion rings. If a woman has some funky looking fashion ring on her wedding finger does it mean she is married? Im not sure if most women replace the normal wedding ring with the fashion type rings just to keep the wedding ring in a safe place or something.

2. What if the woman does not have the classic wedding ring but she has a ring with a diamond on it not on the left hand but on the right hand, does she mean she is engaged? is there any one finger used most of the time for that sort of ring?
Old 10-30-2006, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The 2nd woman was actually the new wife of a neighbor buddy of mine. She went off on my wife telling her how she would never tolerate such a thing and that I was more likely to "wander" blah, blah, blah...My wife basically put her in her place and told her about how our marriage was built on trust and that if a guy wanted to cheat that he was going to, ring or no ring. Ironicly, the 2nd woman cheated on her husband and was divorced after less than a year of marriage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you ever get a chance to ask her if she wore her ring while she was jerking the new guy off?
Old 10-30-2006, 07:41 PM

wear mine whenever i'm out of the house (don't wear ring/watch at home), except when i'm fishing. I'd probably have a bad day of fishing, catch the sun's glint off my ring and think "hmmm, fish like shiny objects, and I can attach a hook ..."
Old 10-30-2006, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In some countries it's the right hand... So be warned, when abroad it's def. not a no-brainer.

[/ QUOTE ]

What countries to be exact? Most of the non-americans at my school are Mexicans and asians (japanese/korean) and some swedes/russians. Do any of them wear the wedding rings on the right hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Serbia, for one.

A Ukranian friend from Moscow wore his on the right hand, so I don't know if that was Russian or Ukranian.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:25 PM

I have never been one to wear jewelry but I always wear my wedding ring. After about a week I didnt really notice it. For everyone who says they dont wear it, did you pay for a ring that is just sitting in a drawer, or acts as a keychain?
Old 10-30-2006, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For everyone who says they dont wear it, did you pay for a ring that is just sitting in a drawer, or acts as a keychain?

[/ QUOTE ]

My ring cost about $100. I keep it in a box on my dresser.

My wife pisses away more than this every month on tennis lessons and apparel.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:47 PM

I wore mine at all times when I was married unless my ship was out to sea (too big a chance of it getting caught on something that might rip off my finger).