Old 06-27-2007, 12:36 PM

Default Re: People and things that infuriate you way more than they should

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Babysitter?

[/ QUOTE ]

ask the server to seat you elsewhere. If they won't, then go to a different restaurant. OMG, A SOLUTION, NO THAT'S NOT ALLOWED

[/ QUOTE ]

Go to a different restaurant? Because someone doesn't have the good manners to not bring a colicky 6-month-old out on a Friday night?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really have a a well-formed opinion on parents who bring babies to restaurants, probably because I don't have any kids, but it seems a bit harsh to tell people with babies never to go to restaurants with their children.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have an 8-month old son and we try to go out to dinner 3-4 times a month. He's normally very good and doesn't really make any noise.

If he starts crying, though, either mom or I will IMMEDIATELY pick him up and walk him around the restaurant, give him a bottle, or do something to quite him.

If that doesn't IMMEDIATELY work, we will ask the waiter for a go box and leave the restaurant (we have only had to do this once).

When I was childless, I thought it was unspeakably rude for parents to allow their screaming brats to ruin everyone else's dinner just because THEY felt ENTITLED to eat at a certain restaurant. Seriously, when did that become a right?

By the way, you'll also notice that lots of these kids are 3, 4, 5 years old and are acting like screaming banshees. No reason for that. Control your kids or GTFO.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:05 PM

Does anyone get irritated at Home Depot with those goddam sirens going off all the time? Like every other customer to walk out somehow sets off the alarm thing. Fix that [censored]. Any time I set it off I turn and say "HAHA SUCKERS" and quicken my pace and nobody ever comes after me. So what's the point?
Old 06-27-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have an uncontrollable rage toward people who think The Fountainhead is the greatest book ever. If they were a race, I would be all for genocide.

[/ QUOTE ]

YES THANK YOU
Old 06-27-2007, 01:55 PM

People at the office who don't pitch in at least enough for their food when you are the one picking it up.

Example:

"Oh great! Get me a Cesar salad with chicken" and hands me $6 when it's obv. like $7.95 +tax and sometimes tip. Thanks for letting me pay for part of the lunch I'm picking up for you.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People at the office who don't pitch in at least enough for their food when you are the one picking it up.

Example:

"Oh great! Get me a Cesar salad with chicken" and hands me $6 when it's obv. like $7.95 +tax and sometimes tip. Thanks for letting me pay for part of the lunch I'm picking up for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I just tell them right away "No, that's not enough, it's like $8.60 with tax". If they didn't give me enough when I get back I'll just tell them. I'm not usually a cheapskate about things like that but if I'm doing them a favor by picking it up, and these are coworkers and not friends, (if it was a friend I wouldn't care) they're going to pay for it or else I'm going to eat it.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Example:

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I just tell them right away "No, that's not enough, it's like $8.60 with tax". If they didn't give me enough when I get back I'll just tell them. I'm not usually a cheapskate about things like that but if I'm doing them a favor by picking it up, and these are coworkers and not friends, (if it was a friend I wouldn't care) they're going to pay for it or else I'm going to eat it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm the opposite. If it were a friend I'd probably just leave my hand open and stare at them until they gave me enough, then probably slap them on the back of the head. I'd rather just bite my tongue at work though rather than cause any petty tension over a couple of bucks. It just bugs me more than it should, thus the post.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yay, another opportunity to post this NSFW text link about Ann Coulter! I love to post this!

Also, in before lock.

EDIT: OP, your picture is awesome but I must take issue with your method of killing Ann Coulter. The way you're doing it in the picture is way too quick. Kill her slower, much slower.

[/ QUOTE ]

That link is soooo [censored] funny

[ QUOTE ]
She sprung up on the couch on all fours and looked over her shoulder at me. She pointed to her twitching, puckered anus. ‘See this?’
I nodded eagerly.
‘I want you to wreck it.’

[/ QUOTE ]

LOOOOL

and this is just priceless:

[ QUOTE ]
I was a little hurt and, recognizing this, she softened just a shade as she reached for her purse to leave.
‘Hey.’
‘Yes?’ I asked.
‘Thanks for not staring at my adam’s apple.’

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From wiki on Coulter:

"Personal life

Coulter has been engaged several times, but never married.[2] She has dated Spin publisher Bob Guccione, Jr.[15], television host Bill Maher and conservative writer Dinesh D'Souza.[16] She owns both a condominium in Manhattan and a house, bought in 2005, in Palm Beach, Florida. Although she says that usually she lives in New York, she votes in Palm Beach and is not registered to do so in New York.[17] She is a fan of the Grateful Dead,[18] and some of her favorite books include The Bible, Wuthering Heights, Anna Karenina, true crime stories about serial killers, or anything by Dave Barry.[19]"
Old 06-27-2007, 04:12 PM

-People who are chatting in groups of 3 or 4 and are slowly walking side by side down a sidewalk and are oblivious to those behind them who are walking at a quicker pace and are attempting to go around them.
-Nielsio's posts in Politics and SMP.
-When 2+2 goes down and I can't waste my day at work aimlessly clicking from post to post.
-Eating at a restaurant and getting stuck with a waiter who is horrible at his job
-People whose cars break down in the passing lane or the middle lane of the freeway and cause traffic jams as a result. Surely they must have had an inkling that their car was about to breakdown before they got on the freeway?
Old 06-27-2007, 04:13 PM

Canadians, with the exception of Steve Nash and CMI
Old 06-27-2007, 04:17 PM

billie, is that supposed to be a 1911 you're using to blast Coulter in the OP?