Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2007, 06:07 PM

Default Re: citanul let\'s do it

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
cit,

I want to make one sticky that says "use common sense". That would be my ideal world and have 2-3 mods in each forum to enforce it on a fair basis. Not really going to happen but I can dream at least.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gild, there is no reason why you can't make this happen...

[/ QUOTE ]

not this week. next month, possibly.

fwiw, if I am ever the primary mod, my sticky will be as follows:

"rules:

1)no racism, spamming, or [censored] posts; use common sense
2)see 1"

[/ QUOTE ]

Adanthar, just to be clear... I have no desire to interfere with anything Cit wants to do this week in BBV...
Old 02-22-2007, 06:08 PM

there is no doubt in my mind that cit needs to do his job here. Basically we need to clean house and if that means certain posters leave then fine.

Once we clean house we can start over.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:12 PM

All,

While I don't believe my rules will stay in place forever (and they almost definitely shouldn't) they will do a good job in 72 hours or so of figuring out who has no common sense. Those with *no* common sense pretty much should go. That's basically where I'm coming from.

I'll probably remove "retard" from the list of things you can't use in my tenure some point today.

In a couple hours the first people I banned for 5-6 hours will be back.

In general I'm impressed with the light level of reaction after the original outburst. Also as soon as Yves threads started rolling off the bottom of my front page I locked them.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:13 PM

You guys supporting T-God as mod are straight up nuts.

First you wanna clean up BBV and get rid of racist and other offensive jokes, and your next step is to make a mod of the guy who is positioning himself as the leader of the group that thinks they should be able to post as much racist and offensive [censored] as they want?

It raises the question, are you actually trying to eliminate racist and offensive material from the forums or is this all just a joke to you to create drama?
Old 02-22-2007, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
there is no doubt in my mind that cit needs to do his job here. Basically we need to clean house and if that means certain posters leave then fine.

Once we clean house we can start over.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed
Old 02-22-2007, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys supporting T-God as mod are straight up nuts.

First you wanna clean up BBV and get rid of racist and other offensive jokes, and your next step is to make a mod of the guy who is positioning himself as the leader of the group that thinks they should be able to post as much racist and offensive [censored] as they want?

It raises the question, are you actually trying to eliminate racist and offensive material from the forums or is this all just a joke to you to create drama?

[/ QUOTE ]

here's his campaign in atf

[ QUOTE ]
Alright, I've talked to the admins and gild a bit in private about this before, but that didn't go anywhere. Here's why I should be mod:

# I post and read that forum alot, so I will be aware of what's happening
# I have good judgment. You may not know it from the [censored] I say, but I swear I do
# The forum does not need more rules, it needs less. There have been FAR more racist comments AFTER the rules were changed and the 'notes on tone' were added. My plan is to lose those rules, except for anything that obviously meant seriously and not just a joke. I predict that this will lead to a few days of lots of bad comments as people adjust to being able to use those words again, testing the limits or whatever, then that will fade and we'll be back to normal, i.e. not racist or mean.
# I will be very hesitant to permaban anyone, even repeat offenders if they are otherwise good contributors. Banning for a few days or weeks whenever they [censored] up is my plan
# As always, no NSFW images will be tolerated unless linked and tagged

Now obviously most of this is based on judgment and not black and white rules. I think this is the only way to do it, and I do have good enough judgment.

As an active member of that forum, I'm telling you that the rules getting stricter and stricter will not acheive the desired result. I know it's counter-intuitive, but it's a forum full of people who just like the ability to post whatever they want. We aren't dealing with KKK members here, it's mostly just younger guys who have similar senses of humour, and that sometimes includes racial things. But it's very rarely mean-spirited, and if it becomes that, I will take action as a mod.

Stricter moderation will ruin the spirit and fun of that forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has done some stupid [censored] with the profanity filter and has a terrible relationship with Ryan. He also says some dumb stuff. Other than that, he would be a compromise that bbv would accept for a team of like 4 mods in bbv4life. They need someone homegrown.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:31 PM

profanity filter -> poster disagrees with profanity filter -> poster repeatedly circumvents profanity filter

rules against racism and offensive jokes are put in place -> poster disagrees with rules -> poster petitions to become mod

there's a very logical next step here that you guys seem to be missing.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:32 PM

Yea he's not a first choice pick obv but I still think he would be good for b4l and give a mod team some legitimacy with the masses.

Here are my picks to add mods

-keikiwai, who is on board and very smart and sensible and bbv loves him
-nath who was runner-up to adanthar in our last modaments competition

that should be good I think if there is strong negative feelings vs tgod

dids and nation can help out too
Old 02-22-2007, 06:37 PM

i'm in
Old 02-22-2007, 06:37 PM

would it be too much of a clusterfuck to just give all mods power to delete and move threads in bbv?