Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2007, 08:54 PM

Default Re: hsp tonight 4/9

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Regarding Negreanu's table talk about sandwiches -- I thought that segment was hilarious.
It almost seemed like DN was the only one who was relaxed and enjoying himself

[/ QUOTE ]

if you found negranuus comments hilarious you should get you head examined

[/ QUOTE ]

I watched it again a little while ago. It was just weird. DN, as much as I like watching him play, just looked like some kid trying to look cool. The looks on the faces of Dags, PA and Ivey. They didn't know whether to laugh with him or at him. It goes along with Daniel's behavior last week when he was talking about driving a NASCAR. Ivey was making short joking comments and Daniel seemed to think Ivey didn't understand what he was saying. Just say no, Daniel!
Old 04-10-2007, 09:00 PM

I thought his sandwich making story was alright. If youve ever worked a low paying stupid job like that it is relatable. Its like hes saying "look how far ive come, from making 5$ an hour to putting in my old weekly paycheck as a small blind"

also hes kinda poking fun at all the other players who never had a "real" job, and also saying they wouldnt want to gamble in something they were -EV in, but they are more than willing to gamble with him on the golf course, i think thats why ivey laughed a bit at the end
Old 04-10-2007, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PA: has anyone one of us had a real job?

DN: i made subs.
holy crap this is finally my chance to tell my sandwich story. omg this never comes up.

DN: man could i make a sub. my mommy was proud. she was proud of me. the way i sliced up bread. what do you want?! turkey combo?! coming right up. 26 seconds. that'll be 4.27. ha! whoo hoo! change?! 73 cents. got it!
whoa ok i'm getting a little to excited about this. wrap it up, danny boy, wrap it up.

DN: man. run right through a line like a factory. wash my hands too and everything. i was good back in the day. oh yeah. that's a talent, like riding a bike.
there we go, nice ending. just don't need to elaborate any furth-

DN: any-<heh-heh> anybody wanna throw down, sandwich making. you know who to come to. i got $25,000 on me. what? heh. what? say something yo. what? yeah.
wtf did i just challenge everything to a sandwich making contest? omg no ones answering me. how long have i been talking for? omg it feels like forever. got to find another way to end this monologue.

DN: that's right, that's what i thought. that's what i thought. nobody hears me alright? let's make sandwiches, i'll bet you $25,000. nobody hears me right?
ok this is as good a spot as any.

DN: you hear me, what? i'll make sandwiches with you. somebody could stake you. have one of these guys give you $25,000, we'll go on a sandwich-off. k?
crap that waitress jumped in now. this has got to be the longest anyone has talked about sandwiches. ever.

DN: 3 random sandwiches, speed and quality. make sure you get everything right too. ok? i'll tell you what <gabe interrupts> they don't know. people don't know.
please baby jesus let me stop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, awesome.

I think the last three episodes including this one were the best of the season and near the top of the entire series.

I really wouldn't mind if this was the lineup they used, forever. The first few episodes were a a headache to watch.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Regarding Negreanu's table talk about sandwiches -- I thought that segment was hilarious.
It almost seemed like DN was the only one who was relaxed and enjoying himself

[/ QUOTE ]

if you found negranuus comments hilarious you should get you head examined

[/ QUOTE ]

I watched it again a little while ago. It was just weird. DN, as much as I like watching him play, just looked like some kid trying to look cool. The looks on the faces of Dags, PA and Ivey. They didn't know whether to laugh with him or at him. It goes along with Daniel's behavior last week when he was talking about driving a NASCAR. Ivey was making short joking comments and Daniel seemed to think Ivey didn't understand what he was saying. Just say no, Daniel!

[/ QUOTE ] What exactly do you expect from someone who's mother still makes his supper and brings it to him? I like DN and think his is a good player, but after his vegan(asshat) rant last week and now this sandwich silliness, I would have to say that he is annoying as hell. Maybe he was just getting tired or maybe it was because he was running cold and wanted some attention for awhile OR maybe it's because he's a vegan(asshat) that acts like a 12yo boy that still lives with his mommy. Someone should slip him some testosterone pills or something.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1. DN blathers about making sandwiches.
2. Icy silence and frowns all around.
3. DN responds by tossing out a sandwich-making challenge.
4. More icy silence.
5. DN: So, nobody wants to throw down, huh? I didn't think so.

It almost seemed like DN likes men

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-10-2007, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

holy crap this is finally my chance to tell my sandwich story. omg this never comes up.

DN: man could i make a sub. my mommy was proud. she was proud of me. the way i sliced up bread. what do you want?! turkey combo?! coming right up. 26 seconds. that'll be 4.27. ha! whoo hoo! change?! 73 cents. got it!
whoa ok i'm getting a little to excited about this. wrap it up, danny boy, wrap it up.

DN: man. run right through a line like a factory. wash my hands too and everything. i was good back in the day. oh yeah. that's a talent, like riding a bike.

DN: any-<heh-heh> anybody wanna throw down, sandwich making. you know who to come to. i got $25,000 on me. what? heh. what? say something yo. what? yeah.
wtf did i just challenge everything to a sandwich making contest? omg no ones answering me. how long have i been talking for? omg it feels like forever. got to find another way to end this monologue.

DN: that's right, that's what i thought. that's what i thought. nobody hears me alright? let's make sandwiches, i'll bet you $25,000. nobody hears me right?

DN: you hear me, what? i'll make sandwiches with you. somebody could stake you. have one of these guys give you $25,000, we'll go on a sandwich-off. k?
crap that waitress jumped in now. this has got to be the longest anyone has talked about sandwiches. ever.

DN: 3 random sandwiches, speed and quality. make sure you get everything right too. ok? i'll tell you what <gabe interrupts> they don't know. people don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, thank you for this. I actually thought DN wasn't funny, but more ridiculously hilarious. There's a difference. Everyone at that table knows what DN is like. I doubt they cared or thought it was all that weird for him. They weren't saying anything anyway...
Old 04-11-2007, 12:10 AM

There's a strange culture of negativity around here. I thought he was funny and just trying to lighten the mood.

Anyway I liked this season but maybe could do with a slightly better mix. I'd just love to see Farha or someone on that last table going bezerk and spewing chips.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:57 AM

Season 3:
DN
Antonius
Ivey
Matusow
Farha
Gold
Doyle
Antonio
Elezra

make it happen
Old 04-11-2007, 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

totally awesome. has to be inspired by jeff on coupling right?
Old 04-11-2007, 04:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I was hoping someone could explain High Stakes math to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol mathaments