Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 02:49 AM

Default Re: Schneids is in \"The Well\"

[ QUOTE ]
what is your folded bb to steal % for 6max? What adjustments would you make for small to mid limits in
terms of this stat?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm ~38% folded to steal, and the adjustment I'd say is to gradually loosen up, since the higher the stakes the more likely people are to be trying to steal your blind.

[ QUOTE ]
How many tables do you average if you’re putting in a long session? How many tables did you play when you were at the mid limits?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nowadays I mostly play 1-2 tables, though the last few weeks I've been doing 3-4 a little more often. When I was in the mid limits it varied a lot, but I think 4 or so was probably the best number.

[ QUOTE ]
What is an average day like for you now that your not playing as much?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sleep in late, do errands during the day (or play some), spend time with friends or family in the evening, surf the web after I'm done with that and maybe play more. That's probably the typical day though like everything, will vary [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Congrats on the new town home...having your own home is a cool experience, and a nice tax break…although you probably paid cash ..lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, it's pretty nice [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Someday I'll actually put some pics up in my blog.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:55 AM

Are you at all "poker famous"? Or since you don't really look that much like Baby Jesus do people not recognize you?

Also, selfishly, no more lagtag CR videos please [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2007, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Specific to Canterbury, at what level do you think that the "casual" player can no longer succeed? Assume that the casual player is someone who reads books and this forum, but doesn't play more than 8-10 hours per month. I have slowly moved through the limits up to 8/16 and am constantly surprised at how comfortable I feel at each level. I am just wondering at what level this becomes untenable. Is there a big jump from yellow chips to red chips to the 30?

[/ QUOTE ]

On up thru 15/30 for sure; lineup depending for 30/60. The games are very soft at Canterbury.

[ QUOTE ]
2. What would it take to get you to play in my home game in Apple Valley?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty shy, it'd probably take getting other people I know to agree to, too.

[ QUOTE ]
3. How long do you think that you can make a living playing cards? How long do you think that you would want to?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I could forever, since if I needed to I could play smaller stakes and not be effected by it being a smaller game. I want to maybe another 5 years, while gradually making a shift towards other enterprising pursuits. I feel like I need a couple more big runs in poker, first, to have the type of capital to be able to put aside in plenty of entrepreneurship.

[ QUOTE ]
4. Would you trade the Twins' playoff appearances over the past 5 years for one World Series win, assuming that the team would have been so awful as to be unwatchable the other 4 years?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good Q, had to think about this for awhile... I don't think I'd trade it, part of the fun following this team is knowing that we're always in the hunt. I was at the last regular season game last year, and there was nothing like the atmosphere that day as we won the game then watched the Tigers lose to the royals on the big screen... Losing that type of consistency wouldn't be worth it to me, since I was old enough to see and remember the 1991 and 1987 world series wins.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
* Why do you prefer limit to no-limit? It seems like a skilled player can make much more playing NL.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get bored to tears playing NL. It seems like so much folding, and rarely any interesting or tough situations. NL really seems like a PF and flop game, and I like all streets.

[ QUOTE ]
* What is the most over-rated/under-rated live tell?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not good enough at live tells to answer that.

[ QUOTE ]
* What is the most over-rated/under-rated online tell?

[/ QUOTE ]

The answer to both Q's is timing tells. They're out there, they happen -- but I suspect people also often misapply them.

[ QUOTE ]
* Do you work on reducing the amount of live tells you give off, and if so, how? Also, if so, can you tell me about one of the tells you found out about yourself?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I had to really focus on trying to do my checking motion the same way -- the only way to do so was by just focusing really hard on keeping it consistent. Apparently when I was going to checkraise, I'd often flick my wrist higher during the checking motion.

[ QUOTE ]
* When is it right to limp OTB huhu?

[/ QUOTE ]

When your opponent is 3betting everything, and you are holding a hand that is good enough to play but lacking showdown value...And you'd then occasionally mix it up with some stronger limps too.

[ QUOTE ]
* Are your winrates consistent across different types of hold-em structures (1/2, 2/4, 3/6, 4/8)? If so, can you explain why?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't be able to tell you if my WR is better in different structures, though I can say I prefer the structures that have as few chips in play as possible... I like the pots appearing as small as possible.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In the coming years I also hope to travel and see a lot of the world, and gradually move away from using poker as a primary means of income.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you have in mind?

[/ QUOTE ]

Still undecided about several different options, and I still want to learn more about investing first. As for traveling, Italy, Australia, San Torrini, Switzerland, and many many other locations.

[ QUOTE ]

Hey man, thanks so much for all the strategy posts over the years. I really respect posters like you that take the time to explain concepts, thought processes, etc and don't just blurt out "RAISE ZOMG" over and over.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're welcome!
Old 08-01-2007, 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1)when playing lhehu, what are the most important reads to get early?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whether the opponent is a folder, and whether he is capable of 3-barreling with nothing.

[ QUOTE ]
2)what % of your hu postflop decisions are affected by how either opponent is running?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hard to quantify, but if the opponent is losing a lot, as a general rule I'll be attacking him more.

[ QUOTE ]
3)I've given up sslhe and have moved on to rebuild in nl land. Do you play hu nl? How do you see the evolution of that game going?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have much HUNL experience, sorry.

[ QUOTE ]
4)how do you identify and deal with bots?

[/ QUOTE ]

Never had this come up, either.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
make more videos for CR

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully soon. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Taylor and Brian agree there is probably enough demand to slowly up the amount of LHE coverage we devote on CR.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
coach me 1-1 limit?

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] i can't think of any questions but i'm a big fan. i watched you beat the [censored] out of neverwin for a few hours awhile back and it really made me proud to play limit and learn on 2p2.

bbbushu

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2007, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Have you played or watched any of the mainstream TV poker LHE guns (Lederer, etc.)? What about the 4K/8K big game guys? Can those guys play limit holdem?

[/ QUOTE ]

My understanding is that they would not compete with the best online guys and the best players in the black chip LHE games at Commerce. Most of those guys, as is typically the case of the old longstanding live pros, they miss bets in spots that the best wouldn't.

[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah, can you tell us who you think are the best HUHU players on the internet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hosstbf is the present champ. I have high opinions of Jumper17's HU game and also savagegamble, and if Lagerborg were to refocus on LHE he might very well be the best (he plays big NL and PLO now with a majority of his time on some euro-only sites). Also, obv TLK too if he ever gets back into poker.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Did I get missed or were my questions retarded?

PS, great questions from everyone else. This is super-informative and entertaining.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. If I've missed anyone, it's been unintentional and basically because there were a lot of questions and it was tough to scroll thru the whole thread and find the next set of Q's.
Closed Thread