Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2007, 08:13 PM

Default Re: DN\'s momma needs a spliff

Wow... who woulda thunk that an Asian chick from Canada isn't offended by blackface? Brilliant point. Next, hopefully a Muslim from Pakistan will tell us that he is not offended by swastikas.

I think the real point is that Daniel is increasing doing and saying a lot of really idiotic crap. I don't think he was trying to be offensive, but that's the point. He is becoming the worst combination of stupid and arrogant. He says the most jaw dropping crap over and over again and then acts amazed when someone calls him on it.

I believe him: He can't possibly imagine that it could have been offensive to someone and was just generally cringe-inducing since hey, some of his bestest friends are black and there is no one around him to tell him to STFU.

I agree with whoever said he was losing it.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems like more and more white people are offended by the blog. I was going to do a gay character in the future, but I think I'll have to scrap it so that I don't offend too many straight people...

[/ QUOTE ]

bro, just show us your hair, or admit you are balding, then it will be all good with me. please stop the denial, comb-overs are so played out. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-14-2007, 08:22 PM

Another point of clarification:

I got into this thread when people tried to suggestion this wasn't offensive in the least.

To me, on a binary scale of "offensive/not offensive" it falls under "offensive".

That said, it's more on the order, to me, of "shake your head, roll your eyes, judge a little and move on" than "omg racist".

What makes it noteworthy, as I mentioned earlier, was that one would think there's some financial incentive for Dan N. to be more careful about stuff like this, that will get people up in arms. His image as a fun, nice guy is a commodity, and he seems to do a lousy job of protecting that on the internet.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It seems like more and more white people are offended by the blog. I was going to do a gay character in the future, but I think I'll have to scrap it so that I don't offend too many straight people...

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a poker forum that's like vastly white (or vastly white and Asian). When your target audience is mostly white folk, it's mostly white folks who will be offended.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was thinking the same. Mostly white have seen it. Very few black people. Forward it to Quanell X and see if he agrees with you Daniel. LOL
Old 02-14-2007, 08:35 PM

you guys need to relax. i thought it was pretty funny. i am amazed at how many 2+2'ers are wound so tight and cannot relax and have some fun.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
His image as a fun, nice guy is a commodity, and he seems to do a lousy job of protecting that on the internet.

[/ QUOTE ]

on the other hand Dids, as soon as one becomes a "commodity" then one is subject to a plethora of criticism, sometimes justified- sometimes not. It's totally difficult to maintain a sense of self while still remaining "in touch" with your audience, and not be hurt and defensive by misjudged, anonymous remarks.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:38 PM

The most overtly offensive thing about it is how tired and cliched the humor is. A mom saying SPLIFF!!! OMG I'M ROLLING ON THE FLOOR!!! Not.

Daniel thinks he is funnier and more loved than he actually is, and therefore can get away with anything and if you don't 'get it', well then that is YOUR fault. He also uses the stupid public perception that people who do well in poker are smart. Anyone who hangs around the poker scene should know how false this is. Or do you really seek advice from WPT Player of the Year Gavin Smith?

Daniel's stupidity is demonstrated again and again in his blogs, and his hypocracy (someone pointed out the super sensitive Joe Rogan crap that he had to quickly backpeddle and dismiss as 'silly' (AFTER THE AUDIO discredited him fully of course not before) as just the latest example of his double standard and arrogance) is really cringe-worthy. He plays the 'good guy Christian card' a hell of a lot, but not if he needs to bash a fellow player mercilessly (Raymer, Duke, etc.)

I wish the mods on this board would just ban posts made by his minions to promote his site here. We KNOW where to go if we want to see his hypocrisies. Stop advertising here just because FCP is a dead forum full of sycophants and lame conversations.

[ QUOTE ]
Daniel: It seems like more and more white people are offended by the blog. I was going to do a gay character in the future, but I think I'll have to scrap it so that I don't offend too many straight people...

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do I get the feeling that this would have been your most believable impression to date? I would expect a flawless performance here, and it WOULD be funny, but not for the reasons you probably think it would be funny.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:41 PM

The thing that IMO draws people to DN is his honesty and willingness to not pull punches. He is who he is and doesnt shy away from that. That is the part of his image that many people I have talked to admire most. To sacrafice your creativity even if some may take it the wrong way just to make sure everyone is happy to gain financially is being hypocritical to yourself. He seems to be above that and I applaud him for it.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:47 PM

He just bashed Phil Gordon in his blog. Then when Phil came and posted last night in regard and tried to see what was up. He bashed him again and Phil left. It's on FCP in Daniel's blog forum.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

don't sell out baby! proceed as planned