Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 07:46 AM

Default Re: Well, Florida, how did the first day of NL/$5limit games treat you?

Melbourne decided to play the $1/$2 NL game with 3 blinds. A $1 small blind and 2 $2 big blinds. The reasoning behind this was so that if the pot was folded around there would be a flop with $5 minimum in the pot and they can take out a $1 rake at that point. This to me seems rediculous because they could deal this game for hundreds of hours and maybe see a handful of hands that it gets folded around. One other major flaw in the game structure is you could not rebuy unless you were felted. You have to buyin for $100 and play with what you have unless you got up or went bust.

For the record they had $1-$5 stud with a $1 ante and $1 bring in. $1/$2 holdem, $2/$4 holdem, straight $5 holdem and the $1/$2 $100 min and max buyin NL holdem games spread. They were running single table tournys and had a $200 + $35 multi table that had 53 people I believe in it. The takout on their tournys has gone down considerably in percentage, they plan on $500+50 and $800+80 multi's in the future so as the buyin increases the takeout moves to 10%.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:04 AM

Default Re: Well, Florida, how did the first day of NL/$5limit games treat you

Naples Ft Myers Dog Track is a great place to go. They were calling every dealer they knew to come in and deal 1/2 NL! There was also TV cameras there from the local news station! They require everyone to buy in for 100 and you cant rebuy until you are stacked. Then you have to sit out one hand before you can play again. Dumb rule. The have the same rake as before 5 max. The average raise was 8-10 at my table with 3-4 callers being pretty normal. Real loose internet guys and a few guys that just had money to burn like this one guy has a big decision: Flop comes Q high rainbow and EP raiser goes all in MP calls and the ATM thinks for a bit and says "okay I call" with Q7o crap. Obviously he lost badly. Lots of chasers and calling stations and one wild player perfectly on my right. I played for 6 hours and was card dead the whole day except for one full house which I tripled up on. I lost 200 bucks calling in good position with speculative hands in big pots in position. Could not hit a flop all day. It was so frustrating since my table was very profitable but betting for value was the only real way to make the money. People were calling big all ins with crap all day and rebuying often. My brother did get good cards though and walked away from another table with $866 profit.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I want to go on vacation this winter in FLA. Can somebody PM me some spots to go.

Also other tourist attractions would be good, would be just me and the gf no kids.

[/ QUOTE ]

Busch Gardens is fun and close to Tampa Hard Rock
Old 07-03-2007, 11:14 AM

Originally Jasper was going to go with the $6 timed rake, which sounds like murder, but until their dealers can handle NL smoothly, they are temporarily taking 10% + $1 for a tricky jackpot. They take the 5th dollar for rake out at $45, not $50. And if the blinds are taken uncontested, they still take $1! BUT that is a HECK of a lot BETTER than the timed rake!!!

Played Sunday and Monday at Jasper. On Sunday, they opened at noon expecting only a couple of tables, by 1:00pm had a waiting list nearly 50 deep. Called in whatever dealers they could find and actually got all 20 tables running by about 4:30, all but one or two 1/2 NL.

Dealers and players were having lots of trouble dealing with $2 chips.

Buy-ins were constant.

Monday, about ten tables by 9:00pm, all 1/2 NL, a team of some sort showed up from Gainesville, came a few at a time, about 10 total. Started whipsawing and generally running tables, two or three members each to a table, without shame or fear of reprisal. Hopefully Jasper won't be a regular stop on their circuit!

Man, Florida grown players who basically have limit and online experience, are deep in it now. Even you ballcapped sharpies [says the middle aged codger]!

GL, all, and have fun!
Old 07-03-2007, 11:42 AM

How are the games at the Tampa Hard Rock going?
How many of the bigger limit games (10/20,20/40) are getting going or does everyone just want to play No Limit?
Are the waiting lists huge?
Thanks
Old 07-03-2007, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How are the games at the Tampa Hard Rock going?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask the dealer when you get to the table what the game is. The brushes seem to be unsure.

[ QUOTE ]
How many of the bigger limit games (10/20,20/40) are getting going or does everyone just want to play No Limit?

[/ QUOTE ]

I got there at 2am Monday morning and the biggest limit going was 2/4. There was one table of 10/25 NL which was interesting since they only have $5 chips.

[ QUOTE ]
Are the waiting lists huge?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at 2 am monday morning. If there is walk up to a brush pulling buttons tell them what game you want and shake their hand with a $5. Has worked every time for me.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One other major flaw in the game structure is you could not rebuy unless you were felted. You have to buyin for $100 and play with what you have unless you got up or went bust.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's embarassingly stupid.

So if I have $200 and get it all-in against some guy with $204 and lose the hand then I have to sit there with my damn $4 and am not allowed to rebuy?
Yeah, I guess I can just throw in my remaining $4 on the next hand so that I can get my $100 stack on the table, but it's still stupid.

If I happen to win my $4 hand and am now up to $12 or $16 or something then I'm going to be less inclined to just throw it away. But I'm also going to still be stuck there with just $12 or $16 or something.

This room is making a really stupid decision about this.

I actually don't mind the triple-blind thing. Not really that much in favor of it either. But it wouldn't bother me that much.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:47 PM

I guess the point is that it's a way to keep the game moving instead of having to top off everyone between every hand. It would make more sense if a time charge were taken, I suppose. But it seems like that could be tweaked somewhat, like not allowing a rebuy of less than $25 or something.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:56 PM

Can someone please clear up buy in max/min for Hollywood Hard Rock. What are we looking at for the 1/2 and 2/5 NL tables?
Old 07-03-2007, 02:01 PM

soulvamp - so i can't go to the cage myself to get chips?
Or they can't simply let cash play or something?
Or they can't use an occasional chip-runner?

I play live in Tunica, Mississippi all the time and the amount of time used for all the different people rebuying chips is not that much of an impact.
If this is their logic behind that rule then it's pretty stupid.

The additional figuring of all the side-pots from the various $4 and $15 stack people throwing it in so that they can finally be allowed to rebuy will probably end up being more time-consuming because of this rule.