Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2007, 04:48 AM

Default Re: \"Official\" Poker After Dark thread (week 2)

Thank god Dannyboy iced that obnoxious, egg-headed nit Grey.
Barry Greenstein said on his site that Grey plays an "ABC" style of poker. Ya [censored] think? ABC doesn't even begin to address his weak, plainly obvious style...

And the one hand where Danny had slick, raised and and Grey bluffed him off the flop with 6 high- it was PAINFULLY obvious by his (Grey) demeanor and sudden shift in facial expression that he was feeling "bullied" when DN raised, called with whatever and was going to make a move on the flop no matter what.

If I would've caught that in a game from an opponent in that situation, I would've raised him back- possibly set him in- in a heartbeat.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:54 AM

Anybody that watched this show and is still not convinced that Matusow is nothing more than a whiny jackass bitch is straight up delusional. Matusow, you're a joke - the reason you're not a millionaire is because you're a retard with your money.
Old 01-13-2007, 05:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody that watched this show and is still not convinced that Matusow is nothing more than a whiny jackass bitch is straight up delusional. Matusow, you're a joke - the reason you're not a millionaire is because you're a retard with your money.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was high.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:27 PM

I missed tonight's episode, and the segment with Matusow is the only segment that is "not available from my location" on NBC.com. Figures.

Can anyone fill me in on what happened?
Old 01-13-2007, 02:26 PM

Watch it here:

http://www.nbcsports.com/poker/index.html

All of the segments from this match are available until Monday.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:46 PM

Poor Mike, he must be the unluckiest guy in poker, his opponents are always hitting those miracle 14-outers.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Watch it here:

http://www.nbcsports.com/poker/index.html

All of the segments from this match are available until Monday.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I missed tonight's episode, and the segment with Matusow is the only segment that is "not available from my location" on NBC.com.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-13-2007, 05:26 PM

I never had a problem with David Grey, but I think that was mainly because he was so rarely on TV. He is everywhere now, and with his boring style, incessant babbling and now CHEWING ICE ALL SHOW... that does it. I want him dead.
Old 01-13-2007, 05:34 PM

I did feel bad for Mike after the bust-out, the guy obviously needed the money more than anyone at the table, and I think he was generally playing better than anyone else out of this group. I love that Daniel made a comment about trapping Mike at some point, when he is such a trappable player himself.

Doyle absolutely packed it in with his all-in, and it's funny how many comments he made alluding to his wanting to get out of there.

"When are the blinds going to get raised?"

"I like the format, but have a problem with the starting time"

And then all his groaning when he was down to only one chip, and how unhappy he looked when he kept doubling up.

It's understandable since the guy has seen it all and is in his 70s, so I'm sure there is no special thrill or motivation for either being on TV or winning 120k. It felt like he was there to talk about the Doyle's Room a few times, and head for the exits.
Old 01-13-2007, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Poor Mike, he must be the unluckiest guy in poker, his opponents are always hitting those miracle 14-outers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I loved that part of his rant. He made some comment about being a 4:1 favorite. WTF? Preflop DN was ahead. On the flop I can't quite remember what draw Danieal had but it doesn't really matter since it was checked through. And then on the turn he had tons of outs (not to mention top pair).

This is just one more reason why I don't believe Matusow is that good. He doesn't have the clarity that pros need. He just sees things as he remembers them - he had bad luck.

You can also clearly see Shana looking off camera a couple of times during that rant with a look of "What the [censored] do I do now?". Priceless. I guarantee Gabe (I think thats who came in at the end, can't quite remember) was sent in by the producers to end the trainwreck.