Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2007, 10:44 AM

Default Re: Blackwater in a time of peace

[ QUOTE ]

There are legitimate concerns about the use of private security firms. Particularly concerning their use by government entities that are "ideologically challenged".

Having said that, if sent, Blackwater could shut down the genocide in Darfur in two-weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

This I will agree with. However, I think the US is "idealogical challenged" in regards to the Iraq war, however I still support Blackwater's right to be there, and the job they do while they are there.

I certainly can see how one would be worried, and rightfully so, about North Korea having access to a private security force such as Blackwater (which, by the way, they don't, or at least they don't have access to Blackwater.)

However, I think the best solution would be for US to take necessary action against US based security firms who aid enemies of the US in conflict, whether the aggressive action is against the US or against another nation.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:38 AM

db, you are saying that americans may commit murder and other atrocities in foriegn lands if it helps american business interests?
Old 11-04-2007, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
db, you are saying that americans may commit murder and other atrocities in foriegn lands if it helps american business interests?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you are.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:21 PM

Then what are you saying? Americans SHOULD be tried for atrocities in foriegn lands? Its an either or, I think. Is it not?

Also, you seem to have an emotional investment in this debate that goes beyond rational thought.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Then what are you saying? Americans SHOULD be tried for atrocities in foriegn lands? Its an either or, I think. Is it not?

Also, you seem to have an emotional investment in this debate that goes beyond rational thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm saying "Is shooting and killing someone who's shooting at you, or an innocent third party you've been employed to protect, an atrocity?"

I say no. I say I will gladly kill anyone who attempts to kill me, my family, or a stranger on the street I've never met, allowing the person attempting the murder is within the range of whatever weapon I happen to have on my hip at the moment.

When a police officer is killed in the line of duty, a bible verse is often quoted. That verse is "“Greater love has no man than this, that he lay his life down for his friend.” John 15:13.

However, as a law enforcement officer, if I have the opportunity to choose between killing for you or dying for you, I'll kill for you every time.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They kill people for money. Let's not dress up the obvious.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am in the middle of an experiment, which, if fails, I will concede this argument to you.

I have sent an e-mail from a made up address to BlackWater USA, requesting a "Disposal Project" of a bully I disliked as a child.

If they respond with a price, I'll allow that they "kill people for money". If they tell me to DIAGF, I'll post the e-mail confirming that.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ ] Sound logic
Old 11-04-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am in the middle of an experiment, which, if fails, I will concede this argument to you.

I have sent an e-mail from a made up address to BlackWater USA, requesting a "Disposal Project" of a bully I disliked as a child.

If they respond with a price, I'll allow that they "kill people for money". If they tell me to DIAGF, I'll post the e-mail confirming that.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ ] Sound logic

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad you brought that up. I sent a follow up e-mail today telling them I needed them to handle this as quickly as possible. I also sent several pictures of the target. No response yet, I'm hoping for the best!
Old 11-04-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ ] Sound logic

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad you brought that up. I sent a follow up e-mail today telling them I needed them to handle this as quickly as possible. I also sent several pictures of the target. No response yet, I'm hoping for the best!

[/ QUOTE ]
The fact that you think this means anything pretty much proves that you are not suited for rational and honest debate.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but all im saying is the article you've provided doesn't say what ur claiming it does. Where does it say no tactical nuclear weapons were used? read it carefully.

[/ QUOTE ]

srry, this was never addressed, care to get back into that quickly db?
Old 11-04-2007, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ ] Sound logic

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The fact that you think this means anything pretty much proves that you are not suited for rational and honest debate.

[/ QUOTE ]

The person I was responding to said "They kill people for money". This is not a true statement.

The true statement, of course, is "They, if hired, kill people who are presently in the process of trying to kill me, if necessary, to stop me from dying, and they do it for money."