Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2007, 06:26 PM

Default Re: How much money should the victim get.

Instead of fining people for stupidity, I seriously want to petition the government to make me the "Royal Bitch Slapper." I would get to go around and bitch-slap people for doing retarded things, and the world would be a much better place.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:28 PM

Default Re: How much should the fine be?

Stabn seems a little sandy down in his vaginal area today.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:29 PM

Peanut allergy - Fined the test writer $1000 for an impossible question

Garage door - Fined the door closer 1 beer + $500. No garage door I've ever seen would actually push hard enough against resistance to bruise legs, thus the beer. $500 for trying to [censored] kill both of them by closing the door while painting.

Barrell roll - Fined company in charge $100 for not having proper barriers/signs posted

Dentist - Fined $100 for being an asshat and not properly anesthetizing tooth

Carnival - Fined the carnival $100 for having a poorly designed game/lack of barriers to keep patrons where they are supposed to be

Tripped - Fined "victim" $100 for bruising woman's legs and not watching where he was walking.

Welding - Fined "victim" $50 for holding a piece of metal that classmate is welding.

Lamp electricity - Fined electrician $50 for not turning off the power to whatever he's working on.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:30 PM

I think only the construction worker (#5) and dentist (#6) should be fined. No idea what the amounts should be.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:38 PM

I gave fines of $50 to the person who put her feet across the aisle and the one that welded the piece of metal that the other person was holding. These acts I thought were stupid enough to deserve fines. I would agree with poster who said that most of these would warrant, if anything at all, damages to the victim rather than fines. They were at worst negligent, and in a lot of them, the "victim" was careless, too.

A note on the example of the person working on the electric panel who got shocked when the light switch was turned on. Under OSHA (US) reulations, his employer would have been fined for failing to follow proper lockout/tagout procedures. Any switch that can give a shock or otherwise cause injury is supposed be locked and tagged when somebody is working on the equipment. A lot of deaths and injuries would be prevented if people were more careful about following these rules.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:41 PM

$144. I only fined the dentist and the person that shut the door. The rest of them were not deliberate.

I liked the peanut allergies one. I will make sure to bring peanuts along whenever I play.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Pacman Jones wants to go to a strip club and make it rain. He does not believe that making it rain thousands of dollars in cash will cause a stripper to be assaulted and a doorman to be shot. He believes it will lead to free lapdances for the rest of the evening and possibly sex with the stripper later. He makes it rain and the stripper gets assaulted and the doorman gets shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gold.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
stupid survey. the fact that the fines are punitive rather than restorative makes it totally useless.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct.

In addition, if you are having us assess punitive damages, how are we supposed to do so properly without knowing how wealthy the person is?

All fines should be assessed based as a function of net worth.

$100k traffic ticket in Finland

[/ QUOTE ]

100k for 10miles over? jesus christ that is dumb
Old 06-27-2007, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The average fine you assigned is $63. So far, the average statistic for subjects on this test is $72,491

[/ QUOTE ]

zero for every question but the last, which i fined the chick 500$ for. I probably should have answered zero, but that question represented much grosser negligence than the other situations. the money shouldn't be going to "a general government fund" though, if there was negligence then the guilty party should pay those who are affected, not the government.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I am recalling the correct question, the person was allergic to both cats and peanuts, but the woman only knew he was allergic to cats. Are you saying anyone who visits an allergist should know not to eat peanuts? Just want to clarify.

[/ QUOTE ]The one i thought was a big deal was welding. i know they don't license welders, but if they did, doing something that stupid is the kind of thing that would prevent you from getting/maintaining a license.

seriously, if you don't know enough about metal to understand that metal is a good conductor of heat, then you really shouldn't be welding.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only one I thought should be fined is the dentist, because he can't do his job well, and it wasn't clear if "fined" could include "sued" (I said $10K, because I thought a lawsuit could yield that). The rest are $0. WTF @ the average. Some [censored] trips and it's your fault?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was stated at the bottom of every question that it was a fine that would be paid to the governing body (like parking tickets, etc.) No lawsuits.