Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 05:45 PM

Default Re: For Americans: Does it embarrass you that George Bush is Presiden

[ QUOTE ]
My .02, I like being able to have some political discussion in the Lounge. I think we're all mature enough to handle it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with katy 100%.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My .02, I like being able to have some political discussion in the Lounge. I think we're all mature enough to handle it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with katy 100%.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I did, but politics is ugly business, and tends to tie in with other things that are similarly less like to lead to easy discussion than rancor, like religion. Here are some clunkers to consider dealing with: abortion, stem cell research, euthanasia, prayer in schools, which party is more satanic. The amount of vitriol that can be spewed before people even notice they've spewed at all, and the lasting, deep-seated ill will that can be created by such trigger issues -- and not just by people so crazy you can see them coming two blocks away -- makes being very political in a forum like this a high priced gamble without a whole lot of upside pay-off. It's not like there's not already a forum for that.

Waving the political finger at each other here(you know which one I mean) seems like a high-risk low-gain proposition that could just serve to alienate members of an already low-traffic forum.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:51 PM

Moving the hijack to the B&S thread...

Back to embarrasing President discussion...
Old 06-18-2007, 07:11 PM

db,

I'm not embarrassed by George Bush. For better or worse he is the President and was fairly elected. Clinton embarrassed himself, but I am not embarrassed he was President. Bush I was a nice guy and probably would have served two terms (no Clinton) if Ross Perot would not have run. Again, no embarrassment. That's all the elections I have been able to participate.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:06 AM

deleted

Old 06-19-2007, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think GWB's Iraq policy will ultimately be proven right too...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a fallacy imo... like calling an open shove with 72o, spiking running 2's on 4th and 5th to crack AA and claiming that your call was a good one.

Bush's decision to invade was good or bad based on the best information available prior to the invasion, nothing more or less.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:24 PM

I don't get the "embarrassed by clinton" folks.
But, I thought the reaction to and investigation of the bj was worse than the act itself.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But, I thought the reaction to and investigation of the bj was worse than the act itself.

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT
Old 06-19-2007, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I'm a democrat and I sort of get the "embarrassed by Clinton" thing. Maybe because I've been hearing about it for so many years from all my Republican friends. But what he did with Monica was a little ridiculous if you think about it. I would guess, though, that there are other reasons the Republicans felt embarrassed by him. I don't think it was just the relationship with the intern.

I think what's interesting is how people in this country feel so strongly about their candidates. A lot of us do, both democrats and republicans. People take it very personally when you insult or mock their candidate. I've tried to lighten up about it myself. I no longer care if people mock my candidate. I am able to laugh at their flaws too. I've picked some good ones [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-19-2007, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Infinitely worse. A BJ is just a BJ and frankly I couldn't care less what anybody does with his dick and it's none of my business. But the uproar over it was I thought the lowest point in American politics, with the greatest public approval of just how low we were willing to go(and already were), since the McCarthy era's broad approval of blacklisting and redbaiting.
Closed Thread