Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2007, 11:14 AM

Default Re: Man Made Global Warming Theory = Human Excrement

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ][list] All the info you need is here:
http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/emi...oryreport.html

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, with our government's track record, one should clearly believe everything they say.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're claiming they're falsifying the emissions data? I didn't think you were an idiot.

You realize there are greenhouse gas measuring stations in other countries beside the US, right? You realize that emissions figures would be pounced on by the oil lobby if they were falsified, right? You should be able to estimate these figures away (raw human emissions) from publicly known data such as the total petrol consumption and CO2/kWh produced by power stations.

But you weren't claiming they were falsified, were you? You were dishonestly throwing doubt on something that really has no doubt.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i agree that funding pressures tend towards pushing environmentalists towards alarmism.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please read flaw #4 and #5:
http://www.logicalscience.com/skepti...s/funding.html
Old 07-14-2007, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i agree that funding pressures tend towards pushing environmentalists towards alarmism.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Extremely weak "flaws". 80% funding is better than the 30% funding that may be allocated sans the alarmism.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually people like Hansen and other "doom sayers" are getting their funding cut by the Bush administration.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good. It would be totally awesome to see James "crybaby" Hansen be completely out of a job.

Hansen whined constantly that the Bush administration censors him yet he somehow gave over 2000 interviews in a year.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW I think anyone who denies the greater than 90% likelihood of human caused global warming is ignorant.

[/ QUOTE ]

...is willfully ignorant.

Nomally I wouldn't point this out but it is very important to do so given this thread.

-Zeno
Old 07-14-2007, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
scientists believe that climate change will occur on human time frames, have postulated a mechanism for such a change, and have methods to relate that mechanism to a result.

[/ QUOTE ]

Belief has nothing to do with it. You should have started your above statement with: Scientists have substantial evidence that.....

-Zeno
Old 07-14-2007, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You realize there are greenhouse gas measuring stations in other countries beside the US, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are substantial land based and ocean based stations (or ongoing data gathering using sea vessels) in addition to much data that is gathered using satellites. In addition, many individual and institutional researchers in all fields gather a great deal of information. And, as is usually with scientific research, some data gathered could be from serendipitous sources that prove valuable.

-Zeno
Old 07-14-2007, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Extremely weak "flaws". 80% funding is better than the 30% funding that may be allocated sans the alarmism.

[/ QUOTE ]

Richard Lindzen doesn't have a problem getting funding. And 80% could actually be worse than 30%. If someone is only 30% funded but has no building costs then the 30% funding is way better than Hansens 80% which is being used entirely for building up keep. NONE of that 80% goes for research.

You obviously skipped over the satellites. You know the one that offered a launch *for free* by not one but two other countries but instead was boxed up.

Then again I think Zeno is right about his *willfully* remark.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
scientists believe that climate change will occur on human time frames, have postulated a mechanism for such a change, and have methods to relate that mechanism to a result.

[/ QUOTE ]

Belief has nothing to do with it. You should have started your above statement with: Scientists have substantial evidence that.....

-Zeno

[/ QUOTE ]

This is of critical importance. I recently asked a co-worker: "do you believe in evolution?" and he responded: "rephrase the question".

I looked at him puzzled and he said: "belief has nothing to do with it. Either the evidence supports it or it doesn't"

More people should strive to be like him.... and Zeno.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ][list] All the info you need is here:
http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/emi...oryreport.html

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, with our government's track record, one should clearly believe everything they say.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're claiming they're falsifying the emissions data? I didn't think you were an idiot.

You realize there are greenhouse gas measuring stations in other countries beside the US, right? You realize that emissions figures would be pounced on by the oil lobby if they were falsified, right? You should be able to estimate these figures away (raw human emissions) from publicly known data such as the total petrol consumption and CO2/kWh produced by power stations.

But you weren't claiming they were falsified, were you? You were dishonestly throwing doubt on something that really has no doubt.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not claiming they falsified anything. I'm just saying I don't trust any data that comes from or involves our government. The War on Drugs has made it impossible for me to do so.