Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2007, 01:19 PM

Default Re: Ho Chi Minh

[ QUOTE ]
concur. probably a vietnamese poker player saw how simple an optimal strategy for SnG's are to implement....

sets up a handful of accounts with friends/relatives, hires people to play for a very cheap hourly rate, taking shifts on the same account.

[/ QUOTE ]

I scoped a few of these yesterday and I thought they had pretty high ROI. Please post these simple strategy so I can get my wife to play from home, will I struggle in the office...
Old 04-18-2007, 01:27 PM

im pretty sure they dont have a high roi

at least not a high true roi
Old 04-18-2007, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1Do2Den007 on the 60s

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf is he really from chi minh? i thought this was another account of kipeoden or whatever. if thats the same guy its a regular from the party 109s+.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see her/him/it from time to time though I swear I saw a KiepDoDen04 playing in the Sunday Million last week. I wonder too because I thought it was the person from Party but then he kept making -EV calls against all ranges. Calls that weren't all that close either.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
concur. probably a vietnamese poker player saw how simple an optimal strategy for SnG's are to implement....

sets up a handful of accounts with friends/relatives, hires people to play for a very cheap hourly rate, taking shifts on the same account.

[/ QUOTE ]

I scoped a few of these yesterday and I thought they had pretty high ROI. Please post these simple strategy so I can get my wife to play from home, will I struggle in the office...

[/ QUOTE ]

early
1) limp prospective hands early, hoping for good flops. don't invest too much in the betting rounds when drawing or weak pairs, but lead out.

mid range

2) pull a couple standard raises to steal a couple blinds. if called always lead out and fold to reraise or resistance. make sure you have enough to push and steal blinds to rebuild.

late
3) push to steal blinds. it is crucial to be the first one pushing, so you can take the blinds without a showdown (fold equity). if called at least you should have a fighting chance.

-if you have monsters it is pretty self explanatory.
-no need to deviate from optimal unless you are consantly seeing regulars that have adjusted to (respect) your style. then you can loosen up a bit.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:41 PM

My company uses offshore labor from India for data entry type tasks and low level decision making. Its completely feasible that a few college educated folks over there were organized in this way. One of the things employees specialize in in that area of the world are consistent, repetitive tasks.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:31 PM

I was playing an SNG (maybe a $114?) late night a little while back and spainsoccer and poker_in_pb were seated next to each other. I was really down to watch some bot-on-bot-blind-warfare, but alas, I was 9-tabling and wasn't paying attention if any action took place...
Old 04-18-2007, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was playing an SNG (maybe a $114?) late night a little while back and spainsoccer and poker_in_pb were seated next to each other. I was really down to watch some bot-on-bot-blind-warfare, but alas, I was 9-tabling and wasn't paying attention if any action took place...

[/ QUOTE ]

poker_in_pb is just annoying, im not sure hes a bot though....ask bhokie [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-18-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha
Old 04-18-2007, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This doesn't really come as a surprise to me. Anyone who has played any number of MMORPG's knows that if there's even 1 US penny to be made by sitting behind a computer screen, the asians will assign a task force to milk those penny's one at a time. Also I doubt these are bots, but probably some very lowly paid asians, in some 3rd world asian country, working in shifts under some sort of premade game-plan (or style of play). In the MMORPG's, the asians would farm valuable resources AND/Or money in-game, to be sold for real world currency outside the game. Seems like they might have found greener pastures.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is some discussion about one possible impact of the chinese to poker in the future:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post8880252
Old 04-18-2007, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

poker_in_pb is just annoying, im not sure hes a bot though....ask bhokie [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

poker_in_pb will chat if you spite call him on the bubble. He is not a bot.