Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: West Virginia
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 0 0%
6 1 4.00%
7 1 4.00%
8 4 16.00%
9 10 40.00%
10 9 36.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 01:31 AM

Default Re: Official SSSH LC/NC Thread for October!

[ QUOTE ]
Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $10/$20
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, 4 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4.5SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

You thought you were PFR?
Old 10-28-2007, 01:43 AM

gambooling vs a maniac [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
was prolly +EV

part of my strategy is to lag up good draws vs crazies even tho I have no chance of iwnning
Old 10-28-2007, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
gambooling vs a maniac [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
was prolly +EV

part of my strategy is to lag up good draws vs crazies even tho I have no chance of iwnning

[/ QUOTE ]

ok but I can think of 2 lines that seem to better accomplish this purpose, c/r &amp; b/3b. Any particular reason you choose this one.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:17 AM

Nope.... think it was just an impulsive decision, no real reason behind it...

Kind of similar to how much action I give with top pair vs maniacs "Ok ive built the pot big enough"... I have no idea what they have.. but get scared when like 80th bet starts coming in.

Wish I aproached it more methodically, but I dont.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:34 AM

I've recently moved to a small, non-PT site.

What a relief after banging my head against the wall at FTP. I don't know why I waste my time playing there; there are easier games out there and I've found them.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The Bryce is doing 'the well' in the stoxpoker coaching forum

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...;gonew=1#UNREAD

[/ QUOTE ]

from that thread:

[ QUOTE ]
One thing that comes up a lot in limit hold'em is that there are a lot of flops where your opponent won't have a "made" (including things like ace high) hand often enough to prevent you from showing a profit by bluffing if he just calls down. What happens, then, is that the constraint on how often you can bluff is (% make same action with "made" hand)x(opponent's price to re-bluff in relation to the pot size).

So let's say you have a 665 flop and you check-raise this with a hand that is going to showdown 30% of the time. Say on the turn your opponent's price to raise as a re-bluff is 5:2, meaning that it will need to succeed 28% (2/7) of the time to show a profit. What this basically means is that if your ratio of made hands to bluffs is 5:2 it doesn't matter whether your opponent calls or raises. If you're bluffing less he should fold, and if you're bluffing more he should raise, and if he fails to get it right it's money in your pocket. Another way to look at it is you should be bluffing the flop 9% of the time [30x(2/7)]. The more often you check-raise the flop with a made hand the more often you can bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

He ignores the chances you get to suckout. The pair draws cancel since your opponent has ~ the same number of pair outs as you.

However, if you make all your bluffs with 3-straights (4x or 7x), you pick up a str8 draw 16/47 of the time and can often profitably call a raise in that case (let's assume its breakeven for now). So if you only choose 3-straights to bluff with then you can actually bluff (1 + 16/47) * .3 * 2/7 = 11.5% of the time. This is roughly 1/3 of the time you have a 3-straight.

If you now ignore all 3-straights, but instead only want to raise 3-flushes, you pick up a 4-flush by the turn 10/47 of the time so you can actually bluff-c/r with a 3-flush (if we assume again that you are indifferent to calling a turn raise which is a crappy assumption but oh well),

(1 + 10/47) * .3 * 2/7 = 10.4%

So if the flop is rainbow then this is ~ 1/2 the time you have a 3-flush and if the flop is 2-tone this is ~ 1/5 of the time you have a 3-flush.

There's more work to be done to figure out the optimal combo since your equity with FD &gt; OESD &gt; gutshot on turn. Also bigger cards are better in general. Somebody else wanna do the next step? Anybody care to point out errors in what I did?
Old 10-28-2007, 02:55 PM

Sup minbet forum [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I might be spending some time here again
Old 10-28-2007, 03:33 PM

they always come back

craaaaaaaaaaaaaawling back

whats up?
Old 10-28-2007, 03:35 PM

ok imagine this hand, it was on wpex on these tables where you dont save any HHs.

4handed im in the SB w/55 and it gets capped somehow 4way flop comes 599 flop gets capped, 1guy folded. 3 to the turn 8 gets 3bet and I am scared that someone has 99 or 88. river is a 10 and I bet one calls otb raises I call, bb calls. bb flips over KK and OTB TT asdjlsjfldsjlsdjldjskfldsf
Old 10-28-2007, 03:40 PM

'nh'

Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $10/$20
4 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (4 players) yourface is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">yourface raises to $10</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($30, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">yourface bets $10</font>, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($50, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">yourface bets $20</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $40</font>, yourface calls.

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($130, 2 players)
yourface checks, Button checks.

Results:
Final pot: $130

Button shows T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Closed Thread