Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Should he report this to the police?
Of course. 93 88.57%
Nope. CYA is the name of the game. 12 11.43%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-29-2006, 03:54 AM

Default Re: **** OFFICIAL Premiership 2006-07 season Thread!*****

[ QUOTE ]
See I actually think the Championship is a bit higher than AAA ball. If you look at a % of the players in the Championship, what % could play in the Premiership? Then think about in AAA and MLB. I think the % is higher in the Championship, however the numbers may be somewhat skewed by the number of players in AAA ball.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would definetly agree with this as the championship is a very competetive league and has a lot of quality. its hard to really compare. I really wish that FSC would show championship games instead of crappy college soccer
Old 11-29-2006, 03:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
any other US fsc watchers like fox football fonein? i think this show is kinda rad.

rj

[/ QUOTE ]uh yeah, basically the only show I make sure I watch every week.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmm, Fox Sports World Canada (aka FSC Canada) doesn't show this. What's it about?
Old 11-29-2006, 04:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
See I actually think the Championship is a bit higher than AAA ball. If you look at a % of the players in the Championship, what % could play in the Premiership? Then think about in AAA and MLB. I think the % is higher in the Championship, however the numbers may be somewhat skewed by the number of players in AAA ball.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would definetly agree with this as the championship is a very competetive league and has a lot of quality. its hard to really compare. I really wish that FSC would show championship games instead of crappy college soccer

[/ QUOTE ]
The championship is awesome to watch. I remember watching a few playoff matches and these teams were fighting for their lives so the play was so open. I think it was on FSC either last year or the year before.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:10 AM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
any other US fsc watchers like fox football fonein? i think this show is kinda rad.

rj

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmm, Fox Sports World Canada (aka FSC Canada) doesn't show this. What's it about?

[/ QUOTE ]

its a callin show with 2 british announcers who are now american i guess? the calls are pretty much all americans, who ask incredibly, and i mean incredibly, dumb questions. the announcers take the question and have a nice little debate that isnt that retarded. one is a diehard chelsea fan, the other seems to alternate between being a manu fan and a liverpool fan. it sounds bad, but its actually quite entertaining.

rj
Old 11-29-2006, 05:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

its a callin show with 2 british announcers who are now american i guess? the calls are pretty much all americans, who ask incredibly, and i mean incredibly, dumb questions. the announcers take the question and have a nice little debate that isnt that retarded. one is a diehard chelsea fan, the other seems to alternate between being a manu fan and a liverpool fan. it sounds bad, but its actually quite entertaining.

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

rj, nick is certainnly not a manU fan, he is very Liverp**l. I like the show in general and watched it before I had work at that time, I also loved their fox football friday show. Its the closest thing we can get to a british style broadcast here in america, and at least the broadcasters know their [censored] as opposed to so many other broadcasters
Old 11-29-2006, 06:58 AM

The championship is competitive mainly because of the mediocrity within it rather than the quality, I have no idea of a comparison the US sports. Any team can can put a bit of quality together can totally piss the league. The play offs do tend to be exciting but when your team is involved is a bloody nightmare.

There are normally 1-2 live Championship games over a weekend on Sky, sometimes the lower league games are shown instead. There is a couple of roundup shows each week as well.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:55 AM

There is no comparison to the Championship in American sports because there is no promotion/relegation system for you guys. You can't really take the Premiership/Championship as seperate entities. You have to take the whole structure from the Premiership down through the Championship, Conference to the Unibond League and below for the whole thing to make any sense.

Bizarely I think the closest thing you have is the NFL playoffs teams to the teams the didn't make it. The qualiy of the playoff teams will be higher but there will be some players and even teams that should be there that didn't quite make it. Likewise in any given years there are teams and players in the playoffs who maybe aren't that strong. For one year the position is solid and the next year it can change.

Dubious perhaps, but certainly no more inaccurate that comparing the Championship to collage sport/any other seperate league structure. It comes back to SaltCracker's point that due to promo/relegation there are a higher % of strong players in the Championship than there could ever be in a seperate, but worse, league.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:50 AM

Setanta US (DirecTV only) shows Championship games and also has a show similar to FSC's EPL Review show that shows highlights from Championship and League 1 and 2.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:55 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

setanta is [censored] rad. i might like goltv more because they show tons of non-epl games. serie a, la liga, lots of south american games. pretty sweet. i get fsc, gol and setanta, v worth it. even though setanta alone is 12/month.

rj
Old 11-29-2006, 02:00 PM

RJ,

Nick is an ardent ManU hater. He even mentioned yesterday that he was happy as hell when Arsenal beat them this year. But here's the thing, he hates Chelsea more, so he did "root" for ManU over the weekend. It really is an awesome show. They are usually funny and engaging, and some of the callers are hilarious. Stephen especially is crazy. I love when they talk about US soccer as they seem to have a great interest in it, and they are constantly promoting it and MLS. Without a doubt, my favorite show on TV, followed closely by Fox Sports World Report, which reminds me a ton of Sportscenter 15 years ago. Funny co-hosts, highlights and actual analysis. True they focus a ton on the EPL, but they do enough reporting on other leagues as well.