Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Push with 7's
Yes (This is the hand to double up) 0 0%
No (Wait for a better spot) 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-22-2007, 09:43 AM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 6/19

[ QUOTE ]
diebitter, I watched the Paul Potts video and loved it so much I watched it two more times! I just love this guy's modest personality. I'm glad he won [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's very, very good. I found it a very moving version.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:42 PM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 6/22

<font color="Blue">What are you watching?</font>
Friday June 22

8pm ABC - Kyle XY:
The Homecoming - Kyle's return to the Trager household makes him wonder if he has made the right decision, especially when he realizes just how much he cannot share with them. Meanwhile, Jessi's life after Zzyzx begins.

9pm FOX - Standoff:
Road Trip - A polygamous cult leader abducts the 17 yr old runaway daughter of his first wife.

10pm ABC - 20/20:
A report on Real Estate.

Worth Noting...

8-10pm MyTV - Crimson Tide: Movie
Gene hackman and Denzel Washington clash over an unconfirmed order to launch missiles from a nuclear sub at Russia.

9pm ABC - National Bingo Night:
Print out your BINGO cards at ABC.com, then play along for your chance to win!

10pm TLC - I've Got Nothing to Wear: Series Premiere
This makeover series dispatches a stylist to save a fashion victim a week.

8-11pm SCIFI - various:
Stargate SG1 (series finale), Stargate Atlantis (season finale), Painkiller Jane

8-11pm History Channel - various:
Snipers. Dog Fights. Iran: The Next Iraq?
Old 06-22-2007, 10:41 PM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 6/21

So You Think You Can Dance, 6/20-6/21

Wookie,

You are blowing me away with these commentaries! That was awesome. Thank you. Isn't it a fun show? I can't believe how great our b-boys (and girl) are doing, learning how to dance other styles. Crazy good! Last year the b-boys couldn't hang with it very long. They were out pretty quickly I think. Hok is amazingly talented. I would love for him to get really far in this competition. It's going to be tough though. This years group of contestants is pretty freaking good.

I predict that the Mohican (as you call him) and Lacey will be strong contenders as will Danny and Anya.

I don't like the head spinner as much as I like Hok. My feeling is that he doesn't have as much range and I just don't think he will be able to hang in there with the other guys.

I liked the Paso Doble a little better than you did but I really have no clue what I'm supposed to be looking for [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. I agree with you that Jesus was sharper than Sarah. What a performance, wow! But I have to tell you that I'm a big Sarah fan after last week's show. That girl is talented. Isn't she the b-girl who's never danced with a partner before?

My least favorite dance was the hip hop#2 (Stone and Hines [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]). I just didn't like the style or their outfits. The girl doesn't do anything for me.

Finally, I'm worried about Pasha. I love that guy. He totally exudes masculinity. Was it Mary who said that he is the ultimate partner? He is commanding and attentive. I thought his solo performance was great but the judges were not impressed. How can that be? On the other hand, his partner Jessie really sucked in her solo performance.

I'm having trouble picking favorites at this point. I think right now it's Danny and Anya but I'm sure it will change as the weeks go by.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:51 PM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 6/24

Sunday June 24

7pm ABC - Fast Cars &amp; Superstars: Season Finale
The remaining rookie drivers race for the trophy.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:53 PM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 6/24

9pm USA - The 4400 (gotta watch last week's first, I'm so behind)

10pm Lifetime - Army Wives

TiVogogogogogo! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-25-2007, 02:38 AM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 6/20

[ QUOTE ]
8-11pm CBS - AFI 100 Years... 100 Movies:
Morgan Freemen hosts the 10th annual cinematic countdown of the Top 100 greatest american films.

[/ QUOTE ]

How does this discussion end up in OOT...
Old 06-25-2007, 08:22 PM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 6/25

Monday June 25

8pm NBC - Age of Love: repeat
Pro tennis player Mark Philippoussis meets and spends an evening with the Cougars. Afterwards he learns about the Kittens.

9pm NBC - Age of Love:
20s vs 40s - Mark has a pool party with the newly introduced Kittens before skating off with the Cougars, and later has a date with three 20-somethings. In the elimination round he sends a women from each group home and the competing groups find out about each other.

10pm NBC - Science of Love: A Modern Dating Experiment
In a test of research vs instinct, a man dates two women and then must decide which one he prefers: the one selected by experts based on his biological and psychological attributes, or the women he picked out based on simple attraction.

Worth Noting...

9pm FOX - Hell's Kitchen:
The remaining chefs compete in a blindfolded taste test. The losers must then taste items that are less than appetizing, while the winners dine with Chef Ramsey. HK thread in EB

9pm ABC - Ex-wives Club: season finale
Folks who have gone thru painful breakups get help from celebrity exes Angie Everheart, Shar Jackson, and Marla Maples, who work at raising self esteem and oversee physical makeovers. The season concludes with assitance being doled out to a woman whos 24 yr marriage ended, and a california man whose wife left him via an instant message.

Late Night...

11:35pm CBS - David Letterman:
Bruce Willis talks about his fourth "Die Hard" flick. Julie Chen previews Big Brother 8.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:40 PM

katy, What if the Dog beats out the Cougars and the Kittens? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-25-2007, 11:32 PM

I'll be watching Hell's Kitchen for sure. Even though the "restaurant" is completely phony, it's still a fun concept that plays out well.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:31 AM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 6/21

So you think you can dance individual betting lines posted in EB, with commentary.