Raise less than AI (specify) 13 56.52%
Limp 1 4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-22-2006, 09:13 PM

Default Re: Belgariad game thread

[ QUOTE ]
no, u immediately quoted ONE-THIRD of my post and said i was outthinking myself

[/ QUOTE ]

What else or how else would you like me to answer? No matter what I say, you won't believe me anyway. So, really, you're not going to be satisfied with anything I say.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:14 PM

u aren't convincing me

u are convincing mdoran

i brought up a valid point and u won't answer it but rather wanna attack me even asking it

again, overly defensive

there is something here they aren't telling us
Old 06-22-2006, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(damn, Kyro IS rubbing off on me!)

[/ QUOTE ]
Ewww.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Again, take the point that Errand pretty convienently WASN'T WDC or myself, and also remember Jonsan asking questions about what people would do if the evil guys told them they were Errand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I noticed they didn't name WDC or yourself (though don't for a second assume that of itself clears you as a villager). Another thing I've noticed is that all our discussion is now centring over what MDD should do - rather than on working out who the last remaining badguys are. We can't affect what MDD does - so we need to be acting on the basis that MDD will act in the only way which gives us any chance (i.e. votes with the village) - and hence should be planning what WE'LL do next.

Here's how I reckon rest of tonight is going to go down:

Brill will kill Traz
MDD will say he's convinced he's Errand and vote with the bad guys. (This is his best move if he DOES believe he's Errand or if he believes he's probably a legit villager and should try to get the remaining villains to break cover).
No unknown bad guys will jump on the bandwagon - as evev assuming MDD isn't a bad guy they're not gonna want to blow their cover only to see MDD change his vote.
MDD will change his vote and claim he was only voting with the badguys to try to get them to blow their cover. He HAS to claim that whether that's actually what he was doing or if he was genuinely planning to vote with them - as it becomes his only chance of winning whatever he is.

So we'll still be none the wiser what MDD is - the only way we can find out what he is tonight for sure is by losing. And, unless hes a badguy, he can't find out either.

We have to take out the known badguys next obviously. Forget trying to go for unknown ones - or trying to get shot of errand (be it MDD or not). We need to remove their ability to name people as Errand. I think after the other known ones are gone (Brill tomorrow obviously so he doesn't get a 2nd daytime kill) we then HAVE to take MDD out: on the slim but significant chance that he's either a bad guy trying an FPS move OR that he really is errand.

Of course if Brill doesn't show up then we're laughing.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i brought up a valid point and u won't answer it but rather wanna attack me even asking it

[/ QUOTE ]

You are wondering why Traz is still alive? That's your valid point?

I don't know. I don't know. I don't know.

I told you he had family obligations last night. I am assuming that is his reason tonight, as well.

We expected Traz to be dead immediately. It didn't happen.

Personally, as I've already mentioned twice, we may not want to kill him because I also don't know if all of my fellow Gromlins have seen this thread and are up to date.

Did I mention that I don't know??
Old 06-22-2006, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

again, overly defensive

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's the point i keep making: there's NO reason for them to name the real errand. And we know that. And they must know that we would work that out. So clearly their plan, whatever it is, isn't what they've been claiming it to be. And the more they insist they're being honest - the less I believe that they are.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:25 PM

Also, doing the fake Errand thing never really occured to us (at least not to me). That's probably another place we screwed up.

I didn't think outting Errand would work at all, but what other choice did we have? It's our best bet.

I'm officially done with trying to explain this further unless you have something else to ask.

I'm not being defensive, I'm just getting annoyed.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:31 PM

elevens, their whole argument is bs. They don't know how our discussion went last night, so they've got holes in their information that they're trying to fill, but they're doing it wrong. It's not their fault, they just don't have all the information we had.

The biggest thing they don't realize is that we weren't even sure which person we were going to kill until I sent the PM this morning. We didn't know until after our chat was mostly over that patton and traz HADN'T SEEN ERRAND. It's kind of hard to plan for about 10 different situations (see/don't see errand, kill seer, kill garion, kill asharak, kill villager, get blocked, etc).

The reason we wanted traz dead right away would be so that he couldn't give out his looks and further narrow down the list of villagers and bad guys, just in case something went wrong. Once traz came out and said eskimo was clean and jonsan was brill, then there was no point in rushing the kill.

Seriously you guys are waaaaaaaay overthinking this. Our play is perfectly logical from the standpoint of: 1)ending the game today with no risk, and 2)giving ourselves a small out if errand balks.

What you guys seem to forget is that we had no way of knowing who the real villagers were. Why would we risk trying a fake errand with someone who could be garion? or ce'nedra? it would be RETARDED! Remember that several of you said that patton should have claimed to be a villager yesterday, so that we'd ignore him. Well the same thing could have happened for one of the other power players, either earlier in the game or today. Why risk saying that nick is errand, when in fact he's garion (i think)? The simple solution is: we just name the real errand, show him how to win, and then win. It's by far the simplest and safest solution.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I didn't think outting Errand would work at all, but what other choice did we have? It's our best bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

This just plain isn't true. The bad guys were in no way a desperate situation. They could have killed Mandor today, and been in a coinflip situation to win outright tonight.

The more and more that I think about it, for the bad guys to name the real Errand would be way too risky, and sacrifice what currently is a great position for them.

I think that they are waiting on the kill because if MDD doesn't go along, they are going to assassinate Mandor, and let traz waste his see on the villager MDD tonight, before they kill him.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

again, overly defensive

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's the point i keep making: there's NO reason for them to name the real errand. And we know that. And they must know that we would work that out. So clearly their plan, whatever it is, isn't what they've been claiming it to be. And the more they insist they're being honest - the less I believe that they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's absolutely a reason to name the real errand - we have 0% chance of naming a person who KNOWS they're not errand. Every other player has at least a small chance of being errand.

Also - WE DON'T KNOW WHO ASHARAK IS! What if we named him? WE'D LOSE because we're already counting on his vote to switch.

If you still think we'd take even a .000000000000000001% risk of naming someone who would end up causing us to lose (garion, ce'nedra, asharak), when all we have to do is name the real errand, then you really don't understand EV or the situation we're in.