View Poll Results: KQo
raise 38 71.70%
fold 11 20.75%
call 4 7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-2007, 05:35 AM

Default Re: NL Bots on Full Tilt

[ QUOTE ]
@johnvoight: Seeing that FTP does not react to this outrage of the 2+2 community somehow proves to us that they have not really improved on their customer service -- They do not really care about whether people stay at their site or not... The least they could do in this matter is to make an official response to this to clear out these guys once and for all.

[/ QUOTE ]
To be honest, I don't blame FTP at all for this. I doubt the owners/execs are monitoring 2+2 and similar boards, and obviously notification of such issues would have to be kicked up the ladder by the first respondent, investigated a bit, kicked up further, etc.

If Monday comes and there's not at least some comment on the issue, that's a different story, but surely we can give them 24 hours or more, right?
Old 05-10-2007, 05:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Give me a minute while I look through 25000 hand histories for "full_tilting has timed out" lol. Not gonna happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

you can grep for that phrase in every file in a directory, you just have to be sure you have the exact phrase right
Old 05-10-2007, 05:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Give me a minute while I look through 25000 hand histories for "full_tilting has timed out" lol. Not gonna happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

you can grep for that phrase in every file in a directory, you just have to be sure you have the exact phrase right

[/ QUOTE ]

For users that are unfamiliar with GREP, you can also use windows text search in the start bar - just point it to your HH directory.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

google full_tilting, there's like 4 cases on the first page.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:58 AM

Alright, before I go on about more circumstantial evidence, I think I figured out a way that could cut through all the nonsense and prove that they are a single bot.

Earlier in the thread, Chuck responded to my question that 0_Drunkenboxer came on to the team when 1ForTheThumb quit. Looking at my data, 1ForTheThumb played a full session on 2/28, then 1-tabled (?) for 86 hands on 3/1, then disappeared. 0_Drunkenboxer played a full session starting on 3/1 and played most days in March afterwards.

Chuck indicated that 0_Drunkenboxer played on his own before that. Directly before the 3/1 session, he shows up in my data for 3 hands of 2/4 6max on 2/27 (?).

In one of my older databases, he shows up on 12/30/06 for 5 hands of 2/4 FR. In one of them he lost $79 with 42o and his final poker hand according to PT was Q high (I can't pull up the hand to see if he had a straight draw or whatever but it could be a bot malfunction, thus immediately stopping after 5 hands).

I came across this post showing that he was playing 0.25/0.50 on 1/22.

That's all I know. I primarily only datamined 1/2 and 2/4 FR with a little of SH. So, please look through your own databases and post his stats at any limit.

If he shows 14/7 stats at 0.25/0.50 against wildly different opponents before he joined the "team" and learned the "system," the case will become air tight.

-Trebek
Old 05-10-2007, 07:07 AM

Wow. I woke up this morning to see another 500+ posts in this thread.

Can someone post cliff notes as to the latest developments?
Old 05-10-2007, 07:13 AM

Cliff notes:

1) People accusing these 3-4 *accounts* ("guys"?) of botting
2) "nation" defending them because he knows this one guy and claims they are definitely NOT botting... then with time some of these guys came into the thread as well, trying to explain themselves as well, also trying to explain those stats, PF and Postflop as well... They say they have developped a system that is very nitty and not extremely profitable, but it works for them... and they'd help each other out in difficult decisions...
3) of course nation is getting accused as well, also because he's a mod and people are hesitant to believe him, because of the straight facts OP has posted
4) FTP still has not made a statement to this

5) --> nothing has changed really in the last 500 posts [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2007, 07:17 AM

I read most of this thread and have played with 2 of those accounts in the past. I suspected something was up with MarioJr and OneForTheThumb after playing with them for a while. They were constantly at the tables during the same times (which hardly ever varied) and both were highly exploitable in similar ways and extremely predictable. I never had the database to put anything more together other than that they were both pretty bad nits.

It's painfully obvious thanks to OPs data, that there is without question some sort of computer program being used. The numbers and play styles are far, far too similar to even be some sort of "playbook" that they've memorized. No 4 humans can consistently do EXACTLY the same thing in every scenario. So many environmental factors would come into play that at many times they would be making mistakes and straying from the "rules".

I'd say its downright impossible for any human, let alone 4 whom happen to be friends, to be that consistent, day in and day out. No one is ever sick? bored? distracted? etc. Also Chuck's analogy of a surgeon is laughably bad. Surgery is similar to poker, but in the sense that it's dynamic and not every situation is a "textbook" example. In the same way a surgeon improvises to an unexpected situation in the OR, a poker play does so during a hand. You simply can't play over a half million hands of poker and then claim you simply refuse to vary your strategy in the face of unexpected situation (ie. folding to a 5$ river bet in a $60 pot) because it isn't part of your "strategy". That's absolutely absurd.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's painfully obvious thanks to OPs data, that there is without question some sort of computer program being used. The numbers and play styles are far, far too similar to even be some sort of "playbook" that they've memorized. No 4 humans can consistently do EXACTLY the same thing in every scenario. So many environmental factors would come into play that at many times they would be making mistakes and straying from the "rules".

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to know who agrees/disagrees with this statement.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You simply can't play over a half million hands of poker and then claim you simply refuse to vary your strategy in the face of unexpected situation (ie. folding to a 5$ river bet in a $60 pot) because it isn't part of your "strategy".

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this definitely smells funny.