W. Dunn @ Cin 6 35.29%
S. Alexander(if he plays) @ KC 3 17.65%
T. Henry Vs. Hou 8 47.06%
M. Jones-Drew @ Phi 0 0%
F. Taylor @ Phi 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-18-2007, 03:56 PM

Default Re: ****Official 2007 NY Mets NL East Champs Thread****

bob, lol at ur avatar...needless to say, u already know none of what u said will happen...

despite the prolonged struggle, i'm not ready to give up on such a consistent bat like delgado...i have no idea what schoenwuss's role will be...and i'm tired as [censored] [censored] with glavine, shocking that randolph is ditching the team's interests to get glavine 300...
Old 06-18-2007, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If I was the GM I would tyr to trade for one of those power guys that can play both the OF and 1st base and another decent OFer. If Delgado is still perfoming like this come September, bench him. I'd also release Schoewnweiss and put Tom Glavine in the bullpen when Pedro comes back. Of course none of this will ever happen because teams always ride guys that make a lot of money into the ground.

To get those two outfielders id give up the entire farm, because AAA prospects are totally meanigless and new ones pop up every year, ask the Yankees.

[/ QUOTE ]

What on earth makes you think Glavine can pitch from the pen at his age? And bench Delgado, seriously? For who? The Mets are going to win the division regardless... there's no point in dumping the farm system to pad the lead another 5-10 games. Unless they're getting playoff help (an ace pitcher) it's stupid to trade for aging players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Glavine will suck from the pen, but itll hurt us a lot less than what he's doing in the starting rotation. If we can get one of those power OF/1B people then that guy replaces Delgado come September if Delgado is still crap. Look im not saying bench him now, but right now hes terrible. If he is still like this in September, almost anyone would be a better option. The correct thing to do now is hope he turns into Delgado again, but you can't seriouly bat this guy 4th or 5th in a playoff game the way he is now.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Glavine will suck from the pen, but itll hurt us a lot less than what he's doing in the starting rotation. If we can get one of those power OF/1B people then that guy replaces Delgado come September if Delgado is still crap. Look im not saying bench him now, but right now hes terrible. If he is still like this in September, almost anyone would be a better option. The correct thing to do now is hope he turns into Delgado again, but you can't seriouly bat this guy 4th or 5th in a playoff game the way he is now.

[/ QUOTE ]

What power OF/1B guys? Trading for a corner OF/1B who's old/on the outs is stupid, see: Shawn Green and Moises Alou
Old 06-18-2007, 04:00 PM

<3's OLD Corner OFers!
Old 06-18-2007, 04:00 PM

wait, u were serious about putting glavine in the pen?? randolph will never man up enough to do this and tbh, i don't think many managers would, nor do i see glavine accepting the demotion...

mbillie, this division is no where near a lock for the mets, a couple of trades could shift the balance fairly easily...
Old 06-18-2007, 04:01 PM

Look there is no point in even discussing it, we all know if Tom Glavine finishes the year 7-20 with an 8 ERA he'll be starting Game 3 of the NLDS, and if Delgado is batting .188 hell be in the starting lineup batting cleanup.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wait, u were serious about putting glavine in the pen?? randolph will never man up enough to do this and tbh, i don't think many managers would, nor do i see glavine accepting the demotion...

mbillie, this division is no where near a lock for the mets, a couple of trades could shift the balance fairly easily...

[/ QUOTE ]

Nor would Glavine ACCEPT the DEMOTION? See this is the [censored] that bugs the crap out of me. HE WOULDN'T HAVE A CHOICE. If he wanted to go on the restricted list and let us out of his contract I'd be ecstatic. I already know he isn't going to the bullpen. I'm just saying how it should be not how it will be.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on that's ridiculous, they're still in 1st place after losing 11 of 13 and having their 3 and 4 hitters batting about .190, it is a lock. The Braves and Phillies will make some noise but neither team is built the way the Mets are. Barring some sort of unspeakably catastrophic collapse of immeasurable proportions the Mets will win the division with 93 or 94 wins or something average. The NL east is overrated.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:05 PM

^^isn't glavine the team's rep and like the head of the players union...not to mention a HOF and arguably the most notable vet on the team...

randolph is a kid manager and no way would he force this decision on glavine...

restricted list?, lol, ur really tilting (and understandably so)
Old 06-18-2007, 04:42 PM

BobO, that is one awesome avatar you made yourself. LOL!