Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2006, 01:27 PM

Default Re: weekday WW redux

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So let me get this straight, we are in the 6th round and the best reason you can come up with to kill someone is they are confusing you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you doubting me chuckles?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, very much so. You don't seem to care about mishmash, yet you obviously care about this game. I don't see you as a seer, which only leaves one choice. It almost looked to me you were looking for an excuse to support a bandwagon Patton is trying to start.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do kinda care about mishmash. It's just so confusing that it won't bother me if I lose.

This game however has been a blow to my ego. You know, that thing that gets bigger with each game I play? For some reason, I feel like I should be pegging wolves left and right.

The fact is, I've only really gone after two people that I felt strongly about. Bobo and tiedup. I was shocked that tiedup wasn't a wolf. I didn't want to lynch Synsid and was becoming more and more convinced he was a villager.

I don't like games where I feel we're lynching people based on voting patterns. I suck as a wolf, and I can easily manipulate votes if I want to. I prefer to get a feel based on people's posts. That is much harder to control as a wolf.

Alex's posts don't feel right to me. I've started formulating a scenario in my head with certain people as wolves. Alex makes the most sense to me right now.

If you don't think you can lynch Alex, then vote someone else. I'm sticking with him, though. The second I stop trusting my reads (like I've been doing this game) is the moment I start sucking.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:31 PM

This post is going to make me look really bad. I realized a couple of things this morning.

1) I am not so sure anymore that Amplify is a villager. I read all his posts, and he could very well be a wolf. For some reason, fnord's death combined with Amplify voting and unvoting for Bobo combined with his posting style, made me pretty certain yesterday. But it's definitely not even close to enough to clear him. Although I disagree with it, there's a chance that fnord was killed because they thought he saw amplify. And obviously Amplify could have voted for Bobo as a wolf, especially since he didn't vote for him until day 3. He did later unvote and vote Durron, which looks suspicious, but is probably evidence of villagery if anything.

2) There's a big problem with Kyro being a wolf. Kyro voted for tiedup based on some claimed "outside information" or something that he couldn't share. Could this really just be a lie to get a villager lynched? That seems like a very dirty trick, and I think Kyro is above that. I have no idea what this reasoning could be, but it probably has to be an honest suspicion, meaning Kyro is a villager.

Again, I know I'm retracting from my two biggest arguments yesterday. If this gets me lynched, I apologize to the village for causing so much confusion and getting myself killed.

Other than that, I'd like to know why Kyro trusts elevens so much. There was a few people who said at the end of the day that they wanted to vote for him. Where were these people in the afternoon when I tried to start a bandwagon for him? He was a much better choice than either synsid or IY.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:39 PM

Here's one thing I've been thinking about. The way that kyro plays leads people to follow his reasoning and go along with him because he makes good arguments. As such, this is extremely helpful when he is a villager, and extremely damning when he is a wolf. He says himself that he is not a good wolf, but I have never played a game with him when he was so I cannot verify that. It would seem to me that if he is indeed as good as he thinks he is that this would not be the case and he'd be a strong wolf as well. And considering how people don't like to challenge him, that is a good asset.

So where am I going with this? Well since Bob was lynched we've lost 6 total villagers and really have no "solid" suspects as nobody really agrees in any strong way as who to go for next. It is true that it is like "Day 1" all over again. He feels like all the kills are meant to send him into a tailspin, but nobody else. If he is "confused" and dominating the discussion then we will all be confused in some degree. And we all know that wolves like causing confusion. Could it be that the "terrible" wolf has finally found a game where he is playing well? I'm not saying kyro should be on the chopping block today, but if we continue to somewhat follow what he is saying here and continue to come up empty, he should become suspect numero uno because he is too good to play this bad for this long.

As a side note, BobO's extreme attacking of him before he died should NOT clear him in any way. When I was a mafia in MM1, I screwed up early and then when I went down, I went down accusing my mafia bretheren. What happened? Two were lynched the next two days. So Bob may have felt his sacrifice would allow kyro to lead the discussion more effectively and get many villagers in exchange. Well 6 villagers is alot, even in a big game like this, and I feel we need to make some headway, when we are clearly not.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:43 PM

What if Kyro, Alex, and I are ALL villagers?

Are we outplaying ourselves?
Old 05-10-2006, 01:44 PM

Tokyo,

It may sound insane to think that one game is all about outplaying poor kyro, but I've been in a game where that's exactly what happened. I also find it coincidental that the 3 wolves in that game are all still alive in this game.

And honestly, ask my mom, I think you guys think I'm much better than I think I am. The way I talk about myself most of the time is all joking.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What if Kyro, Alex, and I are ALL villagers?

Are we outplaying ourselves?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:50 PM

Also, I really don't see why Elevens is safe in any way. I read his posts today, and they seem like a whole lot of words saying absolutely nothing. In fact he knows this. I don't think what he has posted today clears him in any way. He says he thought that VR and Nick were villagers, but maybe they're wolves. He says madtown and censored should be helping out more (which I agree with, but it doesn't add anything to the discussion, unless he wants us to look at quieter players). He talked about the fact that wolves make confusion. And lastly he wonders what we should do when we lynch a prime suspect and he turns out to be a villager. Again, a common question without an easy answer.

I'm paraphrasing his stuff here, although I'm sure I'm going to receive another rude post telling me to get my head out of my ass and reread his posts for some meaning that isn't there, but all I want to say is that I cannot understand why kyro suddently trusts Elevens now after he has made a few posts that TO ME seem to say not very much at all. And wolves are the masters of saying alot and saying nothing at all.

I have not decided on my vote today, hopefully these posts generate some discussion so I can make a good choice.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:50 PM

I've been having a busy day both on 2+2 and off, so have not been able to look back as much as I like; but I will point to the vote count before the 1st vote for me and my bandwagon took off:

*****TO AVOID CONFUSION, THIS IS A VOTE COUNT FROM YESTERDAY****

*** Amplify - 3
*** Synsid - 4
*** Alex Levin - 2
*** Madtown - 1
*** Elevens - 1

Synsid's, of course, took off with me, and the amplify and AL bandwagons stalled. I, of course, and more suspicious of Amplify than Alex, but that is pretty much solely based on the fact that Amplify thinks I'm suspicious and Alex not so much.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tokyo,

It may sound insane to think that one game is all about outplaying poor kyro, but I've been in a game where that's exactly what happened. I also find it coincidental that the 3 wolves in that game are all still alive in this game.

And honestly, ask my mom, I think you guys think I'm much better than I think I am. The way I talk about myself most of the time is all joking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which game was that? and who were the wolves? maybe it would help to go back and read it? but probably not. And yeah, im sure hellmuth is always joking about himself too [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. I kid, i kid.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:55 PM

It was a turbo a while ago. VR, [censored], and patton were the wolves. Like I said earlier in one of my posts, I'm trying out different scenarios given all the information I have, and the Alex/VR/[censored] combo actually kinda makes sense.