View Poll Results: KQo
raise 38 71.70%
fold 11 20.75%
call 4 7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-2007, 05:22 AM

Default Re: NL Bots on Full Tilt

A few random observations from someone who has no real stake in the matter:

1. Something doesn't resonate about the idea of the 'sweatshop'. It's one thing to play together with a group of buddies, but quite another to be playing in exactly the same, color-by-numbers way, especially when the cookbook seems to defy common sense. If, as the OP asserts, someone is betting $5 into a $100 pot on the river, are you really going to instafold because "that's what the book says"? You're not at least going to think about it? Also, the thing about everyone logging off and logging on at exactly the same time is sketchy. Nobody's ever going to call in sick? If someone has to use the bathroom, do you all take a pee break together?

2. There is clearly a blurry line between using scripts and running a bot. If you programmed a script to autofold any hand <= 96o before the flop, would that be a script or a bot?

3. In spite of my skepticism about the above, I do not necessarily think that FTP conducted its investigation poorly, since there probably has to be a presumption of innocence. However, it should be recognized that there's a middle ground between confiscating someone's funds and letting them play on, which is letting someone keep their winnings but telling them that they're not welcome to play any longer. That is, IMO, what FTP should probably have done here.

4. My bullsh*t detector registers a very high number when I read nation's posts.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:22 AM

Give me a minute while I look through 25000 hand histories for "full_tilting has timed out" lol. Not gonna happen.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PS, I do think that you have no life though, lol at "waking up to piss" excuse.

[/ QUOTE ]

DW,

I have a very erratic sleep schedule from day to day and week to week, like many posters here who play online full time. What do you expect me to do? Roll over and hold it in til daybreak? When I feel I need to piss I do so. And I woke up moderately refreshed, at least enough to check my computer which is on 24/7.

And hey. Back at ya. At least I took a break.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:23 AM

ok I gave up at like page 60 so is this for real or not?
Old 05-10-2007, 05:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All:

Why do you ppl want a response from FT? They exonerated these guys. What do you expect them to say besides "after 1 month of research, we found the players to be innocent of all botting charges"

[/ QUOTE ]

It would lay some suspicions to rest. I personally don't see why they haven't done it already, but maybe FTPDough/Sean are talking with the appropriate department before they make a definitive statement.

From the few posts I read about them outing cheaters, a lot of the time it's Doug saying "I looked at the history and can see you're full of s*** after 5 minutes", which this doesn't seem to be the case.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PS, I do think that you have no life though, lol at "waking up to piss" excuse.

[/ QUOTE ]

DW,

I have a very erratic sleep schedule from day to day and week to week, like many posters here who play online full time. What do you expect me to do? Roll over and hold it in til daybreak? When I feel I need to piss I do so. And I woke up moderately refreshed, at least enough to check my computer which is on 24/7.

And hey. Back at ya. At least I took a break.

[/ QUOTE ]

finals [censored] up my sleep schedule.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:27 AM

lol at people posting in this thread who don't think bots are involved.

It couldn't be any clearer.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
At John: Please i do hope they take all accounts before writing but they have done this before mind u taking topics from online forums.

And yes it would be a serious blow if they dont do their job. Danish and swedish players are among the top rakin players online and this has been verified by ladbrokes poker on 2 occations.

I've asked my friend to make sure they dont blow this up like last time they wrote about a danish botter! ( he had like a full page!!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummmmm...still not clear on why you are so eager to have a story about this published in a newspaper. I have to assume you don't play poker online?
Old 05-10-2007, 05:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

1. Something doesn't resonate about the idea of the 'sweatshop'. It's one thing to play together with a group of buddies, but quite another to be playing in exactly the same, color-by-numbers way, especially when the cookbook seems to defy common sense. If, as the OP asserts, someone is betting $5 into a $100 pot on the river, are you really going to instafold because "that's what the book says"? You're not at least going to think about it? Also, the thing about everyone logging off and logging on at exactly the same time is sketchy. Nobody's ever going to call in sick? If someone has to use the bathroom, do you all take a pee break together?

2. There is clearly a blurry line between using scripts and running a bot. If you programmed a script to autofold any hand <= 96o before the flop, would that be a script or a bot?

3. In spite of my skepticism about the above, I do not necessarily think that FTP conducted its investigation poorly, since there probably has to be a presumption of innocence. However, it should be recognized that there's a middle ground between confiscating someone's funds and letting them play on, which is letting someone keep their winnings but telling them that they're not welcome to play any longer. That is, IMO, what FTP should probably have done here.

4. My bullsh*t detector registers a very high number when I read nation's posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also,

5. The thing about the "bots" never sitting at the same table is super-sketchy. Wouldn't logic dictate that you'd want to sit at the same juicy tables? That seemed to be one of the major benefits of having poker buddies back when I did the AIM thing a little bit; I'd get tipped off about a juicy game at some location or another and then I'd return the favor later on. Even if you have a strict policy about collusion -- and collusion has to be very tempting when you're sitting in the same room as one another -- are you really so concerned about the perception of collusion that you're going to go out of your way not to sit at the same table together? Especially when you're willing to bend the rules in so many other ways?
Old 05-10-2007, 05:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also,

5. The thing about the "bots" never sitting at the same table is super-sketchy. Wouldn't logic dictate that you'd want to sit at the same juicy tables? That seemed to be one of the major benefits of having poker buddies back when I did the AIM thing a little bit; I'd get tipped off about a juicy game at some location or another and then I'd return the favor later on. Even if you have a strict policy about collusion -- and collusion has to be very tempting when you're sitting in the same room as one another -- are you really so concerned about the perception of collusion that you're going to go out of your way not to sit at the same table together? Especially when you're willing to bend the rules in so many other ways?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they're playing from the same place and same IP, this would be suicide.