Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which has been JaBlue's most embarrassing OP to date?
The one where he almost throws a jar of piss at a car 1 2.17%
The one where he can't be bothered to go to a funeral even though it means a lot to his dad 28 60.87%
The one where he wants to let snakes loose in a theater 2 4.35%
The one where he tells his grandmother to go [censored] herself 13 28.26%
Other (please specify) 2 4.35%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 06:06 PM

Default Re: ***SSNL LIFE THREAD***

[ QUOTE ]
My girlfriend became a CS major her 3rd year of college

[/ QUOTE ]

Pics? Dating a hot CS chick is possibly the biggest brag of all time.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:42 PM

Wow, my prediction of a 16-0 Jets season may still have hope
Old 09-11-2007, 10:49 PM

Posted this TR in the Poker Thread as well. Definitely a good trip to LV which I made with my friend in celebration of both of us taking the MCAT last Friday. I feel like I probably got a 37/38 which I'm really excited about. Med school here I come.

Warning long TR!

Just got back from 4 day trip to vegas so I guess it's time for a quick TR before watching the WSOP on ESPN.

Saturday:

Arrive at LV around 8, take taxi to the Riviera where we are staying. I definitely thought the Riviera was more centralized on the strip but it turns out it's further north than the Wynn and we're basically at the end of the strip. Oh well.

Get up to my room to unpack etc, I've got about an hour before my buddy's flight gets in. Turns out we got a smoking room on accident and the place smells like ass so far not goin so hot.

After showering etc I decide to go down staits and check out the poker room which turns out to be incredibly pathetic. There's one 2-4 limit game going and one 1-2 NL game with 5 players sitting...6-max all right!

I'm raising and steeling the blinds a ton and the players are getting pissed of. Anyway guy who turns out to be a huge fish sits down at the table to my left.

I straddle UTG and get dealt J8o. A few callers pf and I check. Flop comes 9TQ tt, I pot, pot flop and turn and fish calls. River is a blank, I check, he bets his Q7 (with missed flush draw) for $10 into $90 pot, I crai he calls, I double up. My friend arrives like 2 minutes later and I get up to leave, lol.

We head over to the Wynn cuz neither of us has played there and I'm itching to play some uncapped NL. We decide to both sit in the 1-3 NL uncapped game there. The table was fairly tight and the Wynn uses $1 and $3 chips exclusively and the $3 increments were [censored] with my head. After doubling up a medium stack lagtard who gets AA against my AQs I head to 2-5 NL while my friend goes to play 4-8 limit (he doesn't believe me that minbet sucks and thinks he's better at it).

I notice a few fish at the table and so I buy in for $800. About an hour in I get AcAd and double up vs a fish to my right when I crai on a 9c 7c 5c 2s and he tanks and calls and the river 3h doesn't help him and he mucks.

Ended up 1.1k on the night. We play some $25 drunken Pai Gow and some $10 carribean stud and by some divine force I only lose $100 dollars during our ~3-4 hours of 3-6am table game debauchery.

Sunday I wake up at 10am for some reason and can't get back to sleep. After some KFC lunch we hit the table games, make $100 in Carribean stud, then lose it back really quickly at $5 craps. Man do I suck at rolling.

Around 8pm we head over to the Bellagio for poker. I sit in the 2-5 NL game there, max Buy In of $500. I proceed to go on the most ridiculous rush of my life and within 3.5 hrs my stack is $4,050.

In one hand I flop trips with T8s in a limped pot on a board of 886, I bet/3-bet the flop for $20 and then $150, bet $200 on a K turn, and shoved a 2 river and get called down by 87o.
A few hands later I hit top set of jacks in a reraised pot vs a deep-stacked Lag, JT4 tt board. I overbet the pot on the flop for $100 into like $85. He calls, turn is an offsuit 8, I check, he fires $300, I crai for like 700 more, he folds without too much thought...dumb overaggro lags.

Hour later I get KK, raise from EP to $25, fish in BB calls. Flop comes JT2 with two hearts, he checks, I bet 40, he check min-raises, I make it $250, he shoves AI for like $650 total. I really considered folding for a few minutes, but then realized it's live and this guy is a fish who could be overvaluing like AJ or something, so I call and he has QJo, ship the 1.3k pot.

At this point my friend moves over from 4-8 to play 2-5 NL with me. First hand he's at the table I straddle UTG for $10, about 5 callers to me with QTs, I make it $100 straight, some fat guy who's getting annoyed with me running over the table calls. Flop comes QQ7r...lol. I feel like he really wants to bluff at this because there's no way he thinks I hit the flop. He has like $360 behind so I bet enough that he thinks he can bluff shove AI and I bet $125, and sure enough he shves with his 55, the turn pairs the 7 and he's drawing dead, gg sir.

Like I said by the end of the evening I turned my $500 BI into just over 4k:

This is why I'm hot?

Anyway we cash out, I take my friend out for a $150 dollar dinner, we head to the Rhino where I spend $200 on lap dances and we both get hammered. All in all a good night, and a good trip.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A friend says that 3 weeks is too soon to say the three words. Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think you're in love after 3 weeks I daresay you don't know what it means to be in love.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bollocks.

I've loved before, I'm in love now. And I've only known her for about a month. It's true some people confuse lust/infatuation with love, but there's no rule as to how much time has to pass before you can say you're in love. That's a ridiculous notion, and trivialises the whole concept...completely unromantic.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:40 PM

nice tr shpanko. live poker is bittersweet.

i have 8 pairs of shoes in my room after buying 2 new pairs today, am i gay? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2007, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
nice tr shpanko. live poker is bittersweet.

i have 8 pairs of shoes in my room after buying 2 new pairs today, am i gay? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Short answer: Ya
Long answer: Yes
Old 09-12-2007, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My girlfriend became a CS major her 3rd year of college

[/ QUOTE ]

Pics? Dating a hot CS chick is possibly the biggest brag of all time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will see if she's up for it. She lurks on here.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

She lurks on here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 09-12-2007, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

She lurks on here.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]