Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 04:26 PM

Default Re: Official August Thread: General Discussion, butterfingers/etc

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Huh? The way you want to play? You think shortstacking was ever meant to be a part of poker and a "way to play it?" Shortstacking is possible through EXPLOITING the incompability of playing against fullstacked and shortstacked players at the same time (when you are a fullstack), and having to worry about two ranges, whereas the shortstack obviously only have to care about one. You do realize this right? You do realize that "shortstacking" isn't a form of poker, you do realize you'd make close to zilch playing at a table of only shortstackers (that aren't completely retarded), right?

You do realize that you are EXPLOITING the game by shortstacking, right?

Even using terms like "it's the game I want to play" shows how immature you are when it comes to realizing exactly what you are doing. It is for this very same reason that people are berating you for shortstacking; I'm stunned you don't understand how the fact that you exploiting the game of poker makes other players irritated/hateful against you.

In the poker world, you ARE a second class citizen for shortstacking, how can that NOT be clear to you?

Jesus, "Its the way I want to play", how can you be so stupid as to actually write this?

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMFT!!!
IMSAKIDD is buying me steak and lobster this weekend -- I'm gonna get the $45.00/lb lobster instead of the $30.00/lb lobster --- Screw it I'm gonna get t-bones instead of ribeyes too --- much more expensive!! That'll teach him!!

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, your son makes less money than 99% of msnl. sorry to say.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, your son makes less money than 99% of msnl. sorry to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd love to see longterm graph and/or stats from a short stacker. The vast majority of multi-tabling short stackers don't seem to last long (like a month or two at best), I'm just wondering how those who stick with it do.

Seems like such of a waste to screw up the games for like 1ptbb/100 or something, so maybe they're actually doing a lot better than this? Otherwise it seems they could be making far more money by moving down in stakes and full stacking, with far less variance and improving their game in the process.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:49 PM

Except shortstacking is far less variance than fullstacking..
Old 08-10-2007, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Except shortstacking is far less variance than fullstacking..

[/ QUOTE ]

You think so? I really don't know, that's why I'd like to see some long term stats.

I'd think just by moving down from short stacking 5/10 to full stacking 1/2 the amount of bad players would reduce your variance a ton.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'd love to see longterm graph and/or stats from a short stacker. The vast majority of multi-tabling short stackers don't seem to last long (like a month or two at best), I'm just wondering how those who stick with it do.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG THIS IS TOP SECRET INFORMATION. THEY CAN'T SHARE.

[ QUOTE ]
Seems like such of a waste to screw up the games for like 1ptbb/100 or something, so maybe they're actually doing a lot better than this? Otherwise it seems they could be making far more money by moving down in stakes and full stacking, with far less variance and improving their game in the process.

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't care about their affect on the games and most of them couldn't beat the game full stacked for 1 ptbb, or even 2 ptbb if they are making that. Also, most people ultimately don't give a crap about improving themselves in life, if someone can make pretty good money (1 ptbb @ 3/6+) in real world terms, why bother improving/competing.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So here is the problem:

I'd like to move up and here and there I open up a 2/4 table, but I have like no hands on those players and should probably start datamining them (which I don't do). My db is access and not sql, which is also something I should probably do.
Also at 2/4 the regs are really tough, and the fish often have small stacks (like $200 or less).
I have 36 buyins for 2/4, but I know a lot of 1/2-players have like $20K and still play 1/2.

What do I do?

[/ QUOTE ]

start datamining, and no, aside from 3 or 4 regular posters in this thread FT 400 regs are not tough in the slightest, they are a bunch of nits. it blows my mind how different it is to party, party regs are so so so so so much better, but party fish are so so so much worse. ft bores me to tears, i seem to get 100BB in once every thousand hands, wtf. point being, don't be scared.

[/ QUOTE ]

the dude u are advising plays 15/11 at 6 max.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:35 PM

why don't we all just email the pokersites about raising the minimum buy in to 40bb. this won't really affect the fishiness of the games because the default SS buy in is 40bbs and this is what most fish buy in for. all it would do is make the games much less profitable for SSers and some of them probably wouldn't be able to beat the higher stake 6max games at all.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why don't we all just email the pokersites about raising the minimum buy in to 40bb. this won't really affect the fishiness of the games because the default SS buy in is 40bbs and this is what most fish buy in for. all it would do is make the games much less profitable for SSers and some of them probably wouldn't be able to beat the higher stake 6max games at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, I'd be fine with them just not letting you sit back with less than you left with for like 8-12 hours. But I like 40bb too obviously. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-10-2007, 05:54 PM

I doubt that sites let you sit back in with what you had 12 hours ago or else there would be a ton of players with 1000bbs stacks all the time which is not really something sites would want since they could bust fish at any point.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So here is the problem:

I'd like to move up and here and there I open up a 2/4 table, but I have like no hands on those players and should probably start datamining them (which I don't do). My db is access and not sql, which is also something I should probably do.
Also at 2/4 the regs are really tough, and the fish often have small stacks (like $200 or less).
I have 36 buyins for 2/4, but I know a lot of 1/2-players have like $20K and still play 1/2.

What do I do?

[/ QUOTE ]

start datamining, and no, aside from 3 or 4 regular posters in this thread FT 400 regs are not tough in the slightest, they are a bunch of nits. it blows my mind how different it is to party, party regs are so so so so so much better, but party fish are so so so much worse. ft bores me to tears, i seem to get 100BB in once every thousand hands, wtf. point being, don't be scared.

[/ QUOTE ]

the dude u are advising plays 15/11 at 6 max.

[/ QUOTE ]

looooooool
Closed Thread