Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Pro Bowl WEST - buy league Edge?
Yes, buy it for the whole league for $99 4 50.00%
No, don't buy it 2 25.00%
I'm not in this league / just show me the results 2 25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 02:09 PM

Default Re: OT: [censored] thread, June, READ RULES IN TOP POST

[ QUOTE ]
Terrellk,
Raise pot its not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you raise pot, thats most of your stack. The pot is 169 so a pot sized raise would be 269 (50 to call the raise and 219 for the new pot size of 219 - I'm not sure about this so someone correct me if I'm wrong), right? You have 366 left in your stack. Why is potting better than pushing? What are you doing on a blank turn after potting it? I'd shove a set here. I disagree that shoving is a weird bet.

I can see the argument for calling, but like microbet says, if you hit the spade your hand is transparent and you dont get paid very often. Why even call then? Why not just fold?

This is a tough hand Terrell.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:11 PM

Like I said - the fold was stupid and I knew it as soon as I did it.

I was thinking about the fact that if I called I would be risking a reraise from the original better rather (since I wasn't closing the action) and didn't want to be faced with calling another raise. The problem is that I should ahve been thinking about being the aggressor with 12 outs and a multiway pot.

Publicly posting my stupidity is part of my punishment.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
These two should of practiced safe sex

[/ QUOTE ]

nice climax
Old 06-20-2007, 02:40 PM

I'd raise less than pot I'd probably make it like 222 to go or something.

If you call your hand isn't really that transparent because you'd call with a some one pair hands etc. Besides if someone else has a flush draw you will stack them.

Even if you were to assume your hand is transparent.

You are getting direct pot odds to call and you have 3 very well disguised outs.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You are getting direct pot odds to call and you have 3 very well disguised outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the part that really makes me feel ill - the 5d hit the turn.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's the play here?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG+1 ($449.25)
MP1 ($386.30)
MP2 ($677.40)
CO ($97.30)
Button ($254)
SB ($192.05)
Hero ($374)
UTG ($101.10)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls $4, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises to $8</font>, MP1 calls $8, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $8, SB calls $6, Hero calls $4, UTG folds.

Flop: ($44) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets $25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to $50</font>, Button calls $50, SB folds, Hero?

[/ QUOTE ]

The more I think about this the more calling actually does seem appealing, bc of the chance of stacking a lower flush draw.

as far as 'your hand may be concealed because you would do this with one pair' I dont like that reasoning, as soon as you hit the spade, it'll be extremely obvious that you dont have one pair.

the 5 out also makes this more interesting because as it was stated, the 5 is a concealed out so you will still get paid by a set when you hit the 5 (whereas you may not get paid by the set with you hit the flush)
Old 06-20-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd raise less than pot I'd probably make it like 222 to go or something.

If you call your hand isn't really that transparent because you'd call with a some one pair hands etc. Besides if someone else has a flush draw you will stack them.

Even if you were to assume your hand is transparent.

[/ QUOTE ]

By betting 222 you've pot committed yourself. I think shoving is the only raise that makes sense if youre going to raise at all.

I guess calling is fine because of the concealed outs and the direct pot odds. The odds of stacking a smaller flush are pretty minimal.

I think whatever decision you make in this hand is close. I see no clear cut "standard" or "best" play that is way better than any other play.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:24 PM

Cha,
I would raise 222 rather than shove because I would never shove a set here either. I mean it doesn't make much of a difference but I would almost never overbet shove here because its too easy for someone to be like OMG OVERBET SHOVE = DRAW I CALL WITH JT but a smaller raise looks stronger so it can fold out a lot of one pair hands.

I would never fold and calling is reasonable but I think you can take this down a lot and never really have bad equity when you get it in.

BTW there will be lower fds out there and that is one reason i like calling because once you hit your fd. Nobody will ever fold a lower flush.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:35 PM

This is all good stuff.

Having just moved up two buyin levels in the last two months, this kind of feedback helps a lot.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the part that really makes me feel ill - the 5d hit the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

if the 5 came on the turn, you definitely should've called.
Closed Thread