Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who are the Top 5 SNG players in the World? Have to of played 1k 215s+ to Answer )
1. Good2cu (ShipItHolla, OkemosGod) 5 4.27%
2. Z23fanatic (rosekto/herpes4l1fe) 15 12.82%
3. Bigjoe (bigjoe, newt_buggins) 12 10.26%
4. Newt (Idiotluxbox) 13 11.11%
5. Majorpolk (MyPlayground2) 1 0.85%
6. Deuce2High (pwnasaurusx, hezaquick1) 5 4.27%
7. Curtains 9 7.69%
8. JohnnyBax 2 1.71%
9. Sheets 0 0%
10. GregRaymer(Fossilman) 2 1.71%
11. BonafoneX(Billy4inc, Pwhap) 6 5.13%
12. Raptor517 (Raptor517, PinkRazor etc.) 8 6.84%
13. Gramps (Burrito4me) 7 5.98%
14. Scrubs 0 0%
15. The_Dry 4 3.42%
16. FireyJustice (JCardShark, Gormos, XxtabiasXX) 5 4.27%
17. Zeejustin (50+ Screen names) 3 2.56%
18. Gigabet (40% ROI!! LOL) 4 3.42%
19. Daniel Alei 2 1.71%
20. Jman28 (Sassypants) 1 0.85%
21. Shannon Shorr (Bluff4Rent) 2 1.71%
22. Noodleman 3 2.56%
23. Phil Ivey 0 0%
Other 5 4.27%
Other 3 2.56%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-29-2007, 02:38 PM

Default Re: Official \"it\'s not too early to start talking about Fantasy Footba

if u are also in a keeper league..the Draft Dominator is fantastic.

Plus they have something now called Lineup dominator which I'm curious to try out
Old 08-29-2007, 02:41 PM

Default Re: Official \"it\'s not too early to start talking about Fantasy Footba

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anybody have thoughts on who to take between Rudi Johnson and Willie Parker in a PPR league? thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Parker. Rudi Johnson is Mr. Consistent, but he doesn't catch a lot of passes.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't they pretty much catch the same # of passes?

Anybody want to rank the top 10 TEs? I feel like they're all so close after Antonio Gates.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Gates
2) Gonzo
3) Shockey
4) Heap
5) Winslow
6) Davis
7) Crumpler-I don't trust Joey H.
8) Cooley
9) LJ Smith
10) Watson
11) Witten
Old 08-29-2007, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody want to rank the top 10 TEs? I feel like they're all so close after Antonio Gates.

[/ QUOTE ]

My list was Gates, Gonzo, Shockey, Heap, Crumpler, Davis, Cooley, Watson, McMichael, Winslow, although I was never going to pay too much attention to it (especially when Gates dropped enough to be a value pick IMO)... I think there's a bit of a drop after Crumpler and you can stick Clark, Smith, Miller and Olsen [edit - and Witten] anywhere in the bottom half. Anyone much lower you never need to worry about
Old 08-29-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My list was Gates, Gonzo, Shockey, Heap, Crumpler, Davis, Cooley, Watson, McMichael, Winslow, although I was never going to pay too much attention to it (especially when Gates dropped enough to be a value pick IMO)... I think there's a bit of a drop after Crumpler and you can stick Clark, Smith, Miller and Olsen [edit - and Witten] anywhere in the bottom half. Anyone much lower you never need to worry about

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think Crumpler is going to be that great with a new QB who isn't in love with him?
Old 08-29-2007, 02:49 PM

Gates
Davis
Gonzo
Cooley
Watson
Shockey
Winslow
McMichael
Old 08-29-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dknightx,

No way I'm taking Palmer in the 2nd when you have to start 2RB, 3WR, and a flex. You are so weak at both positions now for such a small gain in the QB spot. 1pt/25 and TD=4 for QB's = hold off until round 8+.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i know, i was not planning at all to go QB in the 2nd round. But i did not like the RBs that were still available: Portis, Duece, MB III, Thomas Jones, Carnell. Plus, i consider them all pretty much equal and was pretty sure I could get one of them on the way back (which i did). Also, i'm not a huge fan of taking a WR before the 3/4th round because i don't trust the tier 1 WR this year ... and think that andre johnson will have an awesome year this year. so overall i think i did ok, but may have been better going something like RB, WR, RB, QB instead of RB, QB, RB, WR.

Also, i basically told myself that i would try to go best available unless i had a dire need to do otherwise. Palmer dropping to the 23rd pick was the best pick available according to my rankings.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
Benson is my biggest worry since I hate him to death. But at the pick I don't see how he isn't good value. I think we would've taken Fitz had he fallen one more spot, but with him gone, Benson was the best available choice IMO. Would you have gone WR even with the top 5 or so gone? Obviously at the time we couldn't know that we'd get so much quality RB depth so late.

I know what you are saying, it just turned into an ugly situation with other RBs being available later. I think I probably would have gone WR there, and then looked for Thomas Jones, Cadillac Williams, or what you got in Ahman and Fred Taylor. But then you wouldnt have gotten Gates probably. I dont think you did anything wrong, it just turned into a worse looking pick than it was at the time.

Is this a head to head league? Why not add pennington since you have the 2 wrs? Kevin Jones, Tatum Bell, or a defense would have been nice instead of Delhomme. These other teams are just so bad that it probably wont matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm Clark's partner in this league. One thing I think should be mentioned is that this league is filled primarily with Chicago-based Bears fans. That was enough to swing me toward Benson, but if I had it to do over again, I think I would have lobbied for Palmer. However, I don't think ANYONE could have forseen 13 WRs and only 3RBs going off the board in the 20 picks after Gates, and that fact makes it hard to objectively assess our picks at 2.11 and 3.2.

Here's the Leinart/Delhomme platoon schedule

CAR @ STL or ARI @ SFO (1st game w/ Clements at CB, could still be soft for Matty)
CAR v HOU
CAR @ ATL
CAR v TB
ARI @ STL
CAR @ ARI
ARI @ WAS
CAR v IND
ARI @ TB or CAR @ TEN
ARI v DET
ARI @ CIN
CAR @ NO or ARI v SFO
ARI v CLE
ARI @ SEA
CAR @ SEA or ARI @ NO
ARI @ ATL

NFC south plays every team in the NFC West and AFC South this year. There is a sick, sick schedule imbalance this year as far as passing defenses faced goes. I'm willing to take these matchups all year long.

That being said, I think Delhomme went a little early, with Favre still on the board. The thing was that in order for us to be comfy with Leinart at QB, we needed a good platoon mate to raise Leinart's floor. We were down to two good options in that department with Delhomme and Smith, and we didn't want to risk something crazy happening in the next 20 picks. That being said, I think maybe Wes Welker was the move there...Delhomme wasn't going anywhere.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anybody have thoughts on who to take between Rudi Johnson and Willie Parker in a PPR league? thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Parker. Rudi Johnson is Mr. Consistent, but he doesn't catch a lot of passes.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't they pretty much catch the same # of passes?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Rudi will be lucky to catch 20 passes. Parker should be in the 40-50 area. I have Parker over Rudi in non-PPR anyway, so this is easy.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Passing Yards (35 yards per point; 3 points at 400 yards; 5 points at 475 yards)
Passing Touchdowns (5)
Interceptions (-1)
Rushing Yards (10 yards per point; 3 points at 225 yards; 5 points at 260 yards)
Rushing Touchdowns (6)
Receptions (.25)
Reception Yards (10 yards per point; 3 points at 175 yards; 5 points at 250 yards)
Reception Touchdowns (6)

Please rate my team. We start QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R, K, DEF

1. (4) Frank Gore RB
2. (17) Chad Johnson WR
3. (24) Edgerrin James RB
4. (37) Roy Williams WR
5. (44) Deuce McAllister RB
6. (57) Jon Kitna QB
7. (64) Braylon Edwards WR
8. (77) Mark Clayton WR
9. (84) Julius Jones RB
10. (97) Kevin Curtis WR
11. (104) Matt Hasselbeck QB
12. (117) Chris Brown RB
13. (124) Denver DEF
14. (137) Adrian Peterson RB
15. (144) Jerry Porter WR
16. (157) Owen Daniels TE
17. (164) Ben Roethlisberger QB
18. (177) Olindo Mare K

[/ QUOTE ]

Please, anyone. I am dying to get critiqued!
Old 08-29-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Passing Yards (35 yards per point; 3 points at 400 yards; 5 points at 475 yards)
Passing Touchdowns (5)
Interceptions (-1)
Rushing Yards (10 yards per point; 3 points at 225 yards; 5 points at 260 yards)
Rushing Touchdowns (6)
Receptions (.25)
Reception Yards (10 yards per point; 3 points at 175 yards; 5 points at 250 yards)
Reception Touchdowns (6)

Please rate my team. We start QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R, K, DEF

1. (4) Frank Gore RB
2. (17) Chad Johnson WR
3. (24) Edgerrin James RB
4. (37) Roy Williams WR
5. (44) Deuce McAllister RB
6. (57) Jon Kitna QB
7. (64) Braylon Edwards WR
8. (77) Mark Clayton WR
9. (84) Julius Jones RB
10. (97) Kevin Curtis WR
11. (104) Matt Hasselbeck QB
12. (117) Chris Brown RB
13. (124) Denver DEF
14. (137) Adrian Peterson RB
15. (144) Jerry Porter WR
16. (157) Owen Daniels TE
17. (164) Ben Roethlisberger QB
18. (177) Olindo Mare K

[/ QUOTE ]

Please, anyone. I am dying to get critiqued!

[/ QUOTE ]

Why WR then RB in the 2nd/3rd? I don't think there's really any drop-off from C. Johnson (who most people have as the #1 WR this yr) to Steve Smith or Wayne; so I'd rather have 1 of them with a better RB than Edge (if this was possible).

Peterson, Hasslebeck & Roethlisburger look like great bargains.