HOT 2 7.69%
NOT 24 92.31%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-2007, 12:55 AM

Default Re: MNF Football: Cowboys vs. Bills

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think its pretty obvious the Bills would MUCH rather give up the shot at a 53-yarder by a rookie than give up something big deep or down the middle with all their guys watching the sideline. Kid's just got ice in his veins.

[/ QUOTE ]

Congratulations, you are officially the the dumbest poster in the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

It got lost in quick reply, but I was responding to someone who said Buffalo should have put 4 or 5 guys on each sideline. Plus, if you think that was an easy play to defend at all, you're insane. You've got TO and Crayton, I'd much rather force them to dump it off and try from 50+ with a rookie than let them get deep anywhere.

=

[/ QUOTE ]

Edge, wtf are you talking about? Do you think their gonna complete a 55 yard pass down the middle of the field for a TD? No freaking way. Buffalo had 7 DB's in the game. There is a 0% chance unless they throw a pass into the endzone unless they catch a jump ball that the Cowboys score a TD there. It's a VERY basic defense to just protect the sidelines there, which they didn't do.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"what did buffalo have to do to win!?"

um... score an offensive touchdown?

[/ QUOTE ]

They didn't need ANY offense. All they needed to do was:
Not throw a pick on 3rd and long at the Dallas 20 up by 8 late in the fourth quarter... Worst play ever. Was a retarded play call and the throw was dumber than any of Romo's picks. Just throw it away you Stanford retard.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:58 AM

fwiw, with the new rules its become much harder to recover onside kicks.

rules are a) recieving players can touch the ball before it goes 10 yrds. remember when that was a rekick?

b) kicking team must put a players on the opposite side of the field

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think its pretty obvious the Bills would MUCH rather give up the shot at a 53-yarder by a rookie than give up something big deep or down the middle with all their guys watching the sideline. Kid's just got ice in his veins.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It got lost in quick reply, but I was responding to someone who said Buffalo should have put 4 or 5 guys on each sideline. Plus, if you think that was an easy play to defend at all, you're insane. You've got TO and Crayton, I'd much rather force them to dump it off and try from 50+ with a rookie than let them get deep anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Still wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I guess I would just put my entire defense on the sidelines instead of just saying "don't let anything get deep, we'll give them 3 yards and make him kick it deeeeeep if they catch it."

I guess all those years of playing football in high school and college haven't taught me anything, especially since I've played both as a defensive back and a kicker. I must not know anything about how the game is played, and neither do the coaches who always say "we're not going to give up the deep ball, we'll give them 2 or 3 if they catch it".

Look at it this way...would you rather have their kicker kicking a 53-yarder or a 40-yarder? Also note his career long is 47 in the pros, and he's a rookie. I know which one I'd pick.

[/ QUOTE ]

There were 7 seconds on the clock. Dallas is 43 yards from the endzone. Dallas is out of TOs. I'll take my chances on Romo hitting TO for the 43 yard strike in the endzone. I don't know what else to say. Even though I only played organized football on Sega I'd gather that 90% of NFL fans would side with me. But who knows, maybe there is a higher percentage chance of a 43 yard TD pass being completed than an NFL kicker hitting a 53 yard FG.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Still wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I guess I would just put my entire defense on the sidelines instead of just saying "don't let anything get deep, we'll give them 3 yards and make him kick it deeeeeep if they catch it."

I guess all those years of playing football in high school and college haven't taught me anything, especially since I've played both as a defensive back and a kicker. I must not know anything about how the game is played, and neither do the coaches who always say "we're not going to give up the deep ball, we'll give them 2 or 3 if they catch it".

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLz, it's not difficult to take away the quick outs AND not get beat deep for the TD, that's all they had to take away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if you want any pass rush at all, it gets even more difficult. As I said before, my original response was to a guy who wanted 8-10 Bills watching the short sideline routes. Still, you give way too much credit to defenses to be able to just shut down both short sideline and deep routes "easily". Is it possible? Of course, but you have to decide what's important, as a coach.

Should they have had more guys up close? Sure, why not? But they made the decision to give the Cowboys a few yards and make them work for a long kick instead of risking giving them a much shorter, easier FG. I'm not only saying they didn't want to give up a TD, I mean anything that would make a FG, say, 40 or shorter.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Pats -5 to -6, almost solely because of this game.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd be really surprised if this were the line. If so, I'd definitely take Dallas. Pats will probably be 3 point favorites at best, and I still think that line favors the home team.

It's not like this team has completely luckboxed its way to 5-0. They beat the [censored] out of 4 teams, and had one poor game on the road they should've lost. If you're arguing that the rest of the season was an anomaly, and this is the real Cowboys, you have it backwards.

[ QUOTE ]
fwiw, with the new rules its become much harder to recover onside kicks.

rules are a) recieving players can touch the ball before it goes 10 yrds. remember when that was a rekick?

b) kicking team must put a players on the opposite side of the field

[/ QUOTE ]

great post

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Still wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLz, it's not difficult to take away the quick outs AND not get beat deep for the TD, that's all they had to take away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if you want any pass rush at all, it gets even more difficult. As I said before, my original response was to a guy who wanted 8-10 Bills watching the short sideline routes. Still, you give way too much credit to defenses to be able to just shut down both short sideline and deep routes "easily". Is it possible? Of course, but you have to decide what's important, as a coach.

Should they have had more guys up close? Sure, why not? But they made the decision to give the Cowboys a few yards and make them work for a long kick instead of risking giving them a much shorter, easier FG. I'm not only saying they didn't want to give up a TD, I mean anything that would make a FG, say, 40 or shorter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ignore my above post. I thought you were inferring they were mainly trying to avoid a TD..which is just wrong obv.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

=

[/ QUOTE ]

Edge, wtf are you talking about? Do you think their gonna complete a 55 yard pass down the middle of the field for a TD? No freaking way. Buffalo had 7 DB's in the game. There is a 0% chance unless they throw a pass into the endzone unless they catch a jump ball that the Cowboys score a TD there. It's a VERY basic defense to just protect the sidelines there, which they didn't do.

[/ QUOTE ]

See my last reply - I didn't make it clear enough that I didn't mean just going deep for a TD when I said "don't give up anything deep". They were pretty much resigned to making the Cowboys try a very long kick with a rookie in a high-pressure situation.

Was that a good decision? Not in retrospect, but I've seen this mentality at every level of football I've been involved in (HS, d-3, and d-2 ball) and you have to understand that even for NFL kickers, 50+ is anything but automatic. People take that for granted because these guys tend to be so automatic, but that's still a long [censored] kick.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why did Stuart Scott just say that half the stadium were Cowboys fans?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cuz there were a sh**ton at the game. the Cowboys have more bandwagon fans than any nfl team. Maybe Patriots second.

[/ QUOTE ]