View Poll Results: Your move?
Push 9 39.13%
Raise less than AI (specify) 13 56.52%
Limp 1 4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-22-2006, 07:50 PM

Default Re: Belgariad game thread

[ QUOTE ]
MDD can't be a bad guy, the whole reason the bad guys did this was because they needed another vote, and they won't get that with MDD.

[/ QUOTE ]

But IS that the reason they did it? If so - why isn't Traz dead?

As far as I can see, they've revealed no previously unknown bad guys since claiming MDD was errand. If brill now kills Traz and MDD "refuses to help the bad guys" how safe would MDD be - given we'd no longer have any seers left?

Just because they CLAIM a certain reason is why they're doing something doesn't mean we have to swallow it hook, line and sinker.

Obviously if the remaining badguys reveal themselves then we can be sure of MDD - but sure of what precisely? Only that he's either a villager or errand. I need to re-check the rules on whether the village can win with an unconverted errand before I'll post the rest of what I was considering.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mod Request

I would like to put in a request that we stop discussing, or at least keep it to a minimum, whether or not the rules are fair and/or the game is balanced. You may not like the rules, we may not like the rules, random observers may not like the rules but we're not going to change them in the middle of the game especially after we clarified them to several players in private and that may have altered their strategies.

VR and I have been discussing the rules at great length outside the thread. We have decided on some changes and are planning on running the game again whenever the next available long game timeslot opens (probably after mish-mash).

Feel free to send us any comments outside the thread or make comments after the game ends. In this thread while the game is going let's try to just keep the focus on playing the game.

Thank you.

Jared

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right I shouldn't ahve said anything, I apologize.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:06 PM

Just re-read the opening rules, and as best I can see it if Brill kills Traz then only way we can win is to kill ALL bad guys. An unconverted errand counts as a bad guy - so as soon as Traz gos down we MUST kill errand (at some point)to win. Given that, surely the bad guys would name a FAKE errand - as he's just as likely to buy their logic as a real one but is no loss to them if he refuses, they kill Traz then the village lynches him. If this rule interpretation is correct then we can, of course, be VERY certain MDD isn't a badguy as soon as Brill kills Traz.

If, on the other hand, an unconverted errand DOESN'T have to killed for a village win (with both sorcerors dead) then it makes no odds to the badguys whether they name a real or fake errand AND they have the option of naming a bad guy as errand as we may fall into the trap of believing he's a confirmed safe quasi-villager.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:13 PM

VR & Jared,

I'm assuming that once Traz is killed, we would be able to talk to Errand tonight, right?
Old 06-22-2006, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Errand: Is clueless (is told he is a villager, however he has the evil win condition and initially his vote counts as a tally for the bad side in winning conditions). The bad guys know his identity and are not allowed to kill him at night nor assassinate him during the day. If he is seen by one of the sorcerors and Garion is alive, he changes sides becoming a villager. If that happens Garion turns into Belgarion and Torak awakens. If he is seen after the hero has been lynched then he is converted to the village side. In either case, everyone in the game will be told that one of the sorcerors have seen Errand.

[/ QUOTE ]

there is nothing there about errand BEING a bad guy; just that he's a clueless villager who happens to have the bad guy win conditions

if u get to talk to him, then that would make him a bad guy, not a clueless villager
Old 06-22-2006, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just re-read the opening rules, and as best I can see it if Brill kills Traz then only way we can win is to kill ALL bad guys. An unconverted errand counts as a bad guy - so as soon as Traz gos down we MUST kill errand (at some point)to win. Given that, surely the bad guys would name a FAKE errand - as he's just as likely to buy their logic as a real one but is no loss to them if he refuses, they kill Traz then the village lynches him. If this rule interpretation is correct then we can, of course, be VERY certain MDD isn't a badguy as soon as Brill kills Traz.

If, on the other hand, an unconverted errand DOESN'T have to killed for a village win (with both sorcerors dead) then it makes no odds to the badguys whether they name a real or fake errand AND they have the option of naming a bad guy as errand as we may fall into the trap of believing he's a confirmed safe quasi-villager.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok synsid...quit it with the "MDD is a possible bad guy theory". Come on. IF I was a bad guy(other than errand), wouldnt I have backed WDC when he fake seered and pointed us in the wrong direction? Why would I have voted so strongly for Jonsan on both day 1 and 2? Also, I was quick to jump on the outted bad guys from Traz...

If im a bad guy(other than Errand), the village loses...fortunately for the village, Im a villager (but possibly Errand). Right now, Im feeling like I must be Errand. Nothing else seems to make sense.

Somehow Im having a hard time deciding which way to vote though. Its strange to all of a sudden feel like youre on the other team.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:28 PM

if u really were errand, they woulda already assassinated traz
Old 06-22-2006, 08:29 PM

11s,Pudley, Jonsan--

Why hasnt Brill killed Traz?
Old 06-22-2006, 08:35 PM

It makes no sense to not use the assassin to kill Traz before nightfall. The village already knows who the assassin is, so he will die tomorrow most likely. You guys cant afford for Traz to make it thru the night.

If youre waiting on me to make a decision, and then you are going to do something after I do...I think youre going to lose there. At this point my vote will probably be made at 10:59 PM with how its going.
Since I voted earlier before all this stuff happened...right now im going to

unvote
Old 06-22-2006, 08:37 PM

vote elevens