Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 09:59 PM

Default Re: Absolute Soulreading/Rigged thread #3

[ QUOTE ]
I think threatening to sue

[/ QUOTE ]
I really don't think that AP will consider civil litigation to be a credible threat.

[ QUOTE ]
and get the media involved would help our cause

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this will scare people away from online poker generally, and not be helpful in that sense. I also doubt the newsworthiness of the story unless one of the individuals who lost serious amounts of money is accessible to the media outlets.

Also, I've made a first pass on the website - feel free to make any comments and offer any criticism (probably not in here though, as I suspect there's a fine line between reasonable discussion and spamming, and I really don't want to cross it. you can pm me or something)
Old 09-21-2007, 10:06 PM

I think the website does a very good job explaining things such that non-poker players can understand it.

A section containing theories on how the player got to see hole cards would be the next thing I would add.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:09 PM

Default Re: Absolute Cheating

To be honest, their 9% promo makes sense because the terms surrounding it are pretty hard to comply with. My guestimate is that they expect their Elites to cash on the 9% maybe 6 months out of 12, which would have them paying no more than a INGDirect.com savings account.

To qualify for the 9%, you must:
1) Not withdrawal *OR TRANSFER* any funds during the course of the month.
2) Maintain VIP Elite status, which currently means earning at least 10,000 base ARP during a month. (This number can be reached at high stakes with consistent part time play - I can reach it in about 25-30k hands of .50/1.00 and 1/2 NL play)

There is no exemption allowed for a once-a-month withdrawal or any other kind of money motion. Your funds must go untouched the entire length of the month, and the interest is then credited within the first seven days of the following month.

VIP Elites have to comprise a very small percentage of their player base to begin with, and I would expect a small number to ever qualify for this promotion at all, much less consistently.

In the meantime, they have the potential to make interest on *ALL* held deposits on account to cover the few VIP players who take advantage of this promo.

I don't see it being very hard to cover this action whatsoever.

Apologies for the brief hijack.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There was a few hundred thousand blatantly dumped to some guy called Romnaldo or something similar. I'm not even going to talk about the other money that was dumped at random to all and sunder once the story broke. Go back and get your facts straight if you're gonna be trying to argue this stuff. Let's hear your opinion on the money dumped to the Romnaldo guy I mentioned above.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna be a nice guy and give krumeluren a couple of hours to go back and *read the threads* before I give him a long vacation for, well, not reading the threads.

Krumeluren, you've got two hours to make a post quoting 1)the 4 high call and 2)a couple of hands from the romnaldo sessions. You also have to post the context for the 4 high call (you can probably do this through reading whatever post you find it in.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice, very nice, sir.

I told you i'd be no good on AP thread detail, with my 'SHUT THE [censored] UP' approach and so forth.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:14 PM

In my opinion it is a bad idea to put personal data, like real name, adress and telephone number on a public site that could be very offensive to certain people in the gambling industry. You can still find the owner of a domain through a whois search, but that doesn't mean that he has to be connected with the content there. This way you provide personal data like it's your homepage and I wouldn't wonder if you got all kind of strange e-mails and calls from people you don't know. I also suggest that you use another e-mail adress that doesn't contain your real name for your own security.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AP called me today to try to get me to deposit. They offered me 5% unrestricted cash and a $530 entry into the 150k guaranteed for a deposit of 2500. How is this possibly +ev for them unless they are rigging the tournaments? I mean, that's A LOT of [censored] money to just give away w/o any raked hands requirements.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty easy to fund when they're already paying overlay on a decent chunk of their larger tournaments. What you see as a "free $530 entry" is money they already lost, and want to get some feel-good PR out of.

With the rake they charge and the money they keep from their hugely popular bad beat jackpot, I'm pretty sure they're making more money than you give them credit for. I did the same $2500 offer a couple months ago, and since that time I've paid approximately $2185 in rake and $243.50 in bbjp rake (the tables are gooey soft and easily make up for the hit). Even if I've gotten close to half of that back in rakeback and bonus, they've been paid back with profit on the promotion they set me up with, which is obviously the point of offering it. Just because they suck at customer service doesn't mean they don't know how to make money.

This whole thing sucks btw, I was just getting really comfortable at AP, and I'm having a really hard time finding any reason to stay there.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Take your real name, adress and telephone number out of that site. If someone really wanted to know that he could still do a whois on the domain name, but this way you will get all kind of strange e-mails and calls from people you don't know. I suggest that you use another e-mail adress that doesn't contain your real name for your own security.

Ok, it looks like you are from Australia, then this is less important.

[/ QUOTE ]

heh.

My name (and email address and phone number) have already been published in enough places that this is unlikely to be much of an issue. Various Australian Government websites list it as part of various activities I've been involved with in the past.

Apart from anything else, I think it is important for the credibility of anyone criticising Absolute Poker that the critic is not merely some random anonymous person.

I also like the irony that an individual critic of a company is more open about who he is than the privately owned offshore gaming company.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:34 PM

wheres the site?
absolutepokercheats.com is not up for me...
Old 09-21-2007, 10:38 PM

you need to include the www.

however, i'm fixing that issue now....
Old 09-21-2007, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
flight2q could you please explain these 2 quotes of you:

07/03/07: FTP Down?
[ QUOTE ]

I'm at 375.00 BB/100 today.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Let me check Poker Tracker. Hmm, I can't find it. You know what, I think it didn't import right because of the FTP lag/down problems. But I see later on that night where I played a session and got 78.62 BB/100 at 2/4 FL SH. Is that good? You know these SH games are high variance and I could as easily have been down 300 or 400 BB/100.

[ QUOTE ]

07/23/07: 9 Handed 150/300 Absolute
[ QUOTE ]

That's a sucker bet. Simple logic tells us he was called. baronzeus says he thinks it was a bluff, but not sure. So that means he didn't bluff-and-show it. And yet, I knew his cards. Hence, he must have been called. QED
(baronzeus called)

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't understand the question. The guy had AT and the board was 3858K. I don't remember the suits. I wasn't seated at the table, so I don't have any record of it. So I'm not CalvinHobbes if that is your question, but I'm a Calvin & Hobbes fan.

[ QUOTE ]
[yaddayadda] Maybe you have people under you that assist you?

[/ QUOTE ]If I had people under me I'd assign them to maid's work at my place.

Edit: Added: And in response to NobleNobleNoble, thanks for the publicity. I don't think my posts get anywhere near the attention they deserve! And yes, my DC account name is the same as here. Do you have some specific question? because your stuff just doesn't seem relevant and we're supposed to stay on track.
Closed Thread