Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 05:14 PM

Default Re: Big Brother - Game Thread

when im at home relaxing in my sweats eating popcorn and watching my mystery stories, the last thing i want to hear about is Nez and evictions.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when im at home relaxing in my sweats eating popcorn and watching my mystery stories, the first thing i want to hear about is Luckay and ejaculations.

[/ QUOTE ]

come on elroy that is so gross
Old 11-01-2007, 05:40 PM

I think I'm going to bake some cookies
Old 11-01-2007, 06:34 PM

As far as the other thread goes... who knows. Maybe someone is, maybe not.

I think a lot of us learned the first day that things we said 'in confidence' to someone had a way of getting repeated. On one level this is a good thing; it means that if you tell two people two different stories, they are probably gonna catch you out and both hate you for it. (Nez's guarantee that mets was gonna make the final four if they stuck together, anyone?) On the other hand, if two or three people make a deal and swear each other to secrecy about it, we expect it to stay a secret.

As it happens, just about every "secret" deal I was ever a part of was all over my PMs from everybody the next day. One easy way for that to happen is for someone to put it in a confessional, and someone who wasnt supposed to read the confessional reading it. Lots of other ways too: the anonymized confessional snippets that were put in this thread; people from the readers thread talking to outsiders who talked to game players; friends just going back on their word to keep things secret.

SOMEthing causes this game to leak "secret" information like a sieve. I don't think this means you need to change rules in midstream, zurvan - but it DOES mean that we in the game are learning the hard way to be a whole lot more careful who we say stuff to. Part of the game, I guess, that the way you keep a secret is by not telling ANYBODY about it.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:56 PM

hogwash

im gonna continue to make confessionals, if someone wants to cheat to beat me so be it
Old 11-01-2007, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(Nez's guarantee that mets was gonna make the final four if they stuck together, anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

im still not even sure what this is. i know i didnt make this deal.

when nez was deciding who to put up -- when it was supposed to be clown and val and i was trying to get him to put up luckay .. he did say to me something like "trust me, you are in my final 4 plans" or something like that. and i probably did repeat it to zurvan so it probably did get posted in the observer thread. but that was like right before it happened. and i think i even posted it in the thread.

after that day, people have brought it up to me .. and i still say i didnt make a final 4 deal with nez. i had an original 7 people that i was working with -- and that was all
Old 11-01-2007, 09:19 PM

What I meant, mets, is that -- as you said -- nez never did have a final-4 plan involving you, apparently, but quite some number of people (including, briefly, me) believed he had. I was just trying to give an example of somebody getting caught in a lie, that wouldn't have come to light if the people who were told it hadn't talked to each other.

As for the confessionals, my confessionals tend to cover things that I have said to teammates, and sort of expect are liable to have been repeated secondhand anyway. I don't have a super-duper plan for world domination, but if I did, I wouldn't be telling ANYbody about it (confessional or PM.)
Old 11-01-2007, 09:21 PM

im gonna keep telling everything in my confessionals, if people want to cheat to beat me they can knock themselves out
Old 11-01-2007, 10:59 PM

siegmund one thing is lying in the game, reading the viewer thread isnt even in the same ballpark as screwing someone in the game.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:07 PM

sup