Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2007, 06:24 AM

Default Re: Official June Thread: General Discussion/etc

killin june

Old 06-18-2007, 08:08 AM

Is there anyone in Las Vegas willing to provide me housing? I'm looking to stay in Vegas July 1st-July 15th or so for the main event and to play a lot of live cash games.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so I rear ended an old ass ford (probably 90ish model? van) and like a 2004 mercedes 230 or some [censored]. how much is that gonna cost me? Is it gonna busto me ? FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK

[/ QUOTE ]
probably, my highway fiasco a few years back cost me 16,900. (3 cars totaled)

[/ QUOTE ]

yea these things are expensive [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. hope it works out dtan.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:09 AM

I am crossposting this because it is really killing me:
I got a new setup and am running it under Vista. Whenever I try to play at PP (a bunch of standard-software fired up, maybe one of these is the problem?) the table freezes after about 10 seconds. The action continues, but I cannot click anything in the table window (can't bet, or rebuy, or turn auto-post blind on/off etc.).
What could this be? I am running the software as administrator and even tried to run it under "compatibility Windows XP".
I have no idea what to do and really need help.
Thank you!
Old 06-18-2007, 10:09 AM

Tough luck Ipokeder. Maybe it's time somebody actually realized that the whole "if you won't explain why, you are wrong!"-argument doesn't like necessarily always hold true, which was pretty much the case during that situation. I had no incentive at all to answer you, I gave you an answer that just said you were wrong, and you, being an arrogant prick, wen't all haywire on me just because I wouldn't tell you WHY.

At that point you had already decided I was full of [censored] and didn't actually have an argument had I wanted to give you one; good for you, but nah obviously you had to go out of your way to tell me I was an [censored] for not telling you and that I should shut up if I don't care to explain further. That logic rules man.

The only reason you are not going off at me more right now is that you don't actually want to sound like an [censored] (which you did to me in private), this because you are obviously worried about your reputation now given your new line of poker occupation.

Also, I have no idea how these two players you mentioned can tell you to disregard me completetly and at the same time say "no you are not wrong, but not 100% right either". I mean, wth, that IS saying you are wrong to some extent, and that is exactly what I said as well. I never said your logic was total [censored], that you were 100% wrong or anything, I just said you were wrong/incorrect, mainly because you wrote some answers to some "run bad post" where you critisized the players plays in a very arrogant fashion trying to tell the world that he sucked and you ruled, by writing opinions of some hands, where most of what you wrote was fine in terms of poker, except for one hand, where you had some flawed arguments. You did what I hate the most, namely act arrogant/ignorant/superior while at the same time not exactly knowing what you are talking about yourself.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:17 AM

I find it ironic that you are calling him arrogant after making a post saying 'Everyone in this thread is soo wrong' without any reasoning. If you think bad advice is being given out, so what? If you don't want to help the forum out and give advice, then don't bother telling people they suck - its completely unneccessary and very unhelpful.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:28 AM

That is not true. Me saying that all advice in a thread is pretty much wrong DOES help, because it makes people think about WHAT is wrong instead of blindly accepting it as good advice and then moving on completetly forgetting about it, perhaps doing the same mistakes as posters in the thread in the future.

Furthermore, I said it in a very general sense and didn't attack anyone in particular, what set me off in the thread mentioned was how he attacked one guy, telling him how much he sucked by pointing out the hands, and then, while acting this way, actually wasn't all correct himself. Few things irritate me more than that.

Also, you might not be aware of this, but I have written a LOT of strategy/thoughts before on this forum, but, as most others, I finally realized that most people are leeches and wants to keep things to their own. Just check the "party regulars thread" for example, it's a prime example of what most people are, being lurkers for year(s), then making their first post before they change their screenname and asking for thoughts about their play, their leaks and how to improve etc. That is what it has turned out to be.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:39 AM

I won a WSOP seat last night. My KK v AA v QQ for the monster chip lead with 220~ left, 139 get seats in FTP's huge $500 sat. I folded I think 100% of my hands after that and still ended up finishing around 20th when the bubble burst.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

lost 25% of my roll in one hour.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

after already taking a big hit the past month so ive lost 40% of my roll worth in the past month

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

money has lost all meaning to me and i dont think i can ever take poker seriously again. If anyone wants to say some encouraging words or advice, thank

[/ QUOTE ]

at least ur not Reef , AMIRITE?
Old 06-18-2007, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, you might not be aware of this, but I have written a LOT of strategy/thoughts before on this forum, but, as most others, I finally realized that most people are leeches and wants to keep things to their own. Just check the "party regulars thread" for example, it's a prime example of what most people are, being lurkers for year(s), then making their first post before they change their screenname and asking for thoughts about their play, their leaks and how to improve etc. That is what it has turned out to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

The last sentence is really true. As much as I got from this forum, I always felt like I gave back much more. The more seasoned you get, eventually writing [censored] out to explain your thought process is old news- why help other people understand it? It's good for a while; you improved when you "know" what you're thinking when you play. So, gradually, there is a new group of people up and coming writing things, replying to threads, etc. A few of the old guard stick around once in a while, but usually only for curt replies. Trying to stay active to some extent is good, but going out of your way to say "too much" is not beneficial to you at all. I write a lot on this forum, and I get some PMs about coaching. If my hourly rate is over 500/hr, why coach for 300/hr? It's fun every once in a while, but I can't really find any other hardcore reasons to post religiously anymore. I don't need to advertise myself, other than to be a jackass and a clown for my own amusment.

In regards to MDMA vs ipokeder: I think MDMA should just give the drama thing a rest. He and I had our own tiff and I know that's old news but it seems to be a common theme with him and a few other posters. Maybe it's a sense of humor or arrogance thing, maybe it's just a different understanding of respect, etc. Whatever it is, it's pretty ridiculous and the only reason I didn't avoid it in the past is because I think the attention is funny, etc. In regards to ipokeher as a coach, I always thought his advice was pretty marginal. Certainly nothing terrible, but probably the coach for a grinder or whatever, and not necessarily a great thinker. Those are just my opinions.