FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who takes it down?
Polar Bear 79 32.38%
Hippopotamus 165 67.62%
Voters: 244. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 02:40 PM

Default Re: SSNL POKER [cheese] thread AUGUST

Holy [censored] I missed that hand - that's disgusting.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
seems like a really easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty surprised by this response, you wanna fold 10s to a light button opener, followed by an aggressive players 3-bet which also could be a wide range??

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's a fine play. It's just a matter of folding a middle pair. You lose nothing. If your hand has any value here, it must be marginal. One thing I learned from playing limit is that after a raise and a reraise, you can look down at AK or two tens or jacks and just throw it away, being happy that you lost nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I beat limit at 1.8PTBB for about 400k hands before I saw the light, and I don't think I ever looked down in the SB at AK or JJ after a CO raise and a button 3-bet and failed to cap it even ONE [censored] TIME, so I have no idea WTF this means, lol.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My Goal is to eventually make 200k - 300k a year playing on-line poker full time. With hard work and a solid work ethic. Is this realistic or a pipe dream all of us have but very few achieve?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's possible with hard work and iron self-discipline. It's probably the upper limit of what you can make without a great deal of innate talent, but still possible.

I will never be one of the guys playing for five figure pots, as the $$$ figures involved would turn me into a weak-tight little bitch. However, I am quite confident that I'll be able to grind out over $100k/year playing three figure pots. For me, that's good enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

You get used to the dollar figures very fast. At the poker table it's easy to think in BBs instead of bacon cheeseburgers.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pacific Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.5/$1
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $38.05
UTG+1: $97.1
CO: $158.65
Button: $238.36
SB: $56.8
Hero: $96.5

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, 4 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises $4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises $38</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($76, 2 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($76, 2 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($76, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets all-in for $0.05</font>, Hero...???

so im getting 1521 to 1, whats my line?

[/ QUOTE ]
you have a 1 in 990 chance for a split pot, so it's a fold but it's close!!
Old 08-07-2007, 03:13 PM

I want to fking kill someone. I go outside now and fking murder the first person i see. Im beyond furious. Jesus fking christ, the level of dumbness of those fks, and the fking luck they got... IM so fking pissed now... a shortie sat down with 20$ next to me, and now hes at 200 through me. And thats only the tip of the iceberg.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yeaya -15 buyins. at 100NL playing with pple with average IQ of 80 or something. Im better then every single idiot at the table, theyr either dumb nits, or loose idiots 33/7/1 kinda types. I havent a single solid player there and somehow im down 15 buyins. The deck is screwing me so hard.

If that site was filled with tags i would understand, but these guys have so many leaks and are so predictable...

And i thought &gt;10bi ds wasnt possible

[/ QUOTE ]

This is such a bad mindset. Thinking you're better than all these guys is gonna just get you busto because you're gonna not stop when you're tilting because you're so much better than them. Get rid of your [censored] ego, you rode a heater up to 100nl and now variance is kicking in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a bump for you Shizzle - you probably didn't see it the first time.

Take a week off, just stop playing.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
6-Max is so much easier then FR I think I am going to be staying here for a long long time! Should have seen the reaction of the table when I called this.

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $170.19
BB: $94.20
UTG: $25.50
Hero (MP): $135.20
CO: $108.98
BTN: $183.78

Preflop: Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.00</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $12.00</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $35.00</font>, BTN calls $23.00

Flop: ($71.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $45.00</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises all-in to $148.78</font>, Hero calls all-in for $55.20
Uncalled bet of $48.58 returned to BTN

Turn: ($271.90) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

River: ($271.90) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $271.90 ($3 Rake)

BTN had T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (two pairs, Tens and Eights) and LOST (-$135.20)
Hero had T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (two pairs, Tens and Eights) and WON (+$133.70)

[/ QUOTE ]

this hand is sinfully UGLY. You are gonna get murdered playing like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

um... can you say reads?
Old 08-07-2007, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
6-Max is so much easier then FR I think I am going to be staying here for a long long time! Should have seen the reaction of the table when I called this.

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $170.19
BB: $94.20
UTG: $25.50
Hero (MP): $135.20
CO: $108.98
BTN: $183.78

Preflop: Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.00</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $12.00</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $35.00</font>, BTN calls $23.00

Flop: ($71.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $45.00</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises all-in to $148.78</font>, Hero calls all-in for $55.20
Uncalled bet of $48.58 returned to BTN

Turn: ($271.90) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

River: ($271.90) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $271.90 ($3 Rake)

BTN had T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (two pairs, Tens and Eights) and LOST (-$135.20)
Hero had T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (two pairs, Tens and Eights) and WON (+$133.70)

[/ QUOTE ]

this hand is sinfully UGLY. You are gonna get murdered playing like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

um... can you say reads?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I can also say retarded.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:38 PM

Does anyone here play 100NL on party poker? I am starting to think it is generally softer than 25NL on full tilt.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:41 PM

thac, they are terrible. Im not good, theyr just terrible. I see little good tag. And only saw 1 good LAG yet.

I played at stars, and really i feel sorry for you guys there, because its a world of difference. SO MANY MORE good players there.

It frustrates me that super passive stations keep donking in my medium strenght hands all the time. And when i make thin value bets they just keep sucking out on me. theyr also show horny, everytime they suckout and shove over my river bet they show ther 84 on 89Q34 board vs my TT and all. That stuff just tilts me to no end.

So I didnt want to say i was so good or something [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] . I just got anger management issues lol.
Closed Thread