Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2006, 10:38 AM

Default Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation (GAME THREAD)

There are only 3 roles left who get outside information left in the game:

Miles
Geordi
Guinan

This would be the only way that we could get FPS'ed in thread about the happenings of the game.

I've already claimed Miles (and Luckay pretty much confirmed me before he died).

This leaves us with Guinan and Geordi, one of who is certain to be good and the other is probably good as well if we just look at the probability.

Should Geordi come out at this point? I think he does us more good in the dark right now, but I haven't thought through all of the possibilities.

Obviously Guinan should come out if she's got the last remaining Borg at this point. Otherwise, I see non point in letting the Borg go kill her at night.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:42 AM

Nich is not 100% confirmed. He could be Q since the baddies don't know who Q is.

But, we don't have to kill Q to win...so I'm ok with that.

Watching MT and xorb strategize in Malloreon was a thing of beauty. MT is capable of making that play, I think, but I don't think he'd come up with it night 1, and it never seemed as though he got that into the game. (Although for all I know, he was mad crazy pulling strings behind the scenes.) I'd be surprised if they decided to peek nichp knowing he was bad.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:43 AM

Guinan,

You should be able to look at the votes each day and deduce Q's identity by now...

Please look over those today and deduce it and come out to remove Q from the game, leaving us with 10v1 against the borg
Old 12-08-2006, 10:47 AM

if guinan does that, that will confirm guinan when q leaves and we also know worf down to 2 people so that can be confirmed before end game as well...and i can be almost confirmed as well once q is gone, so that can be almost 3 confirmeds out of the 11...if geordi tells us computer information over a few days, that may tell us who the final borg is as well
Old 12-08-2006, 10:55 AM

will she be able to figure out who Q is? The only info she gets is who Q voted for and who Q visited at night. None of the lynches in this game have been particularly close:

Day 1: fnord in a landslide
Day 2: Luckay 7 - CPFB 5 - Valenzuela 3
Day 3: spook in a landslide
Day 4: madtown 7 - chuck 3 - lastchance 2
Old 12-08-2006, 10:58 AM

I didn't see how Guinan coming out with Q could confirm her, but come to think of it, guinan proabably needs Q really badly at this point. So if Guinan comes out and gives us Q, she goes way up in villager cred, IMHO.

On the other hand, we may not want to even waste time getting rid of Q; just treat him as a non-borg and take shots at everyone else.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't see how Guinan coming out with Q could confirm her, but come to think of it, guinan proabably needs Q really badly at this point. So if Guinan comes out and gives us Q, she goes way up in villager cred, IMHO.

On the other hand, we may not want to even waste time getting rid of Q; just treat him as a non-borg and take shots at everyone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

The above should read "borg-guinan probably needs Q really badly at this point"
Old 12-08-2006, 11:02 AM

Also, should Worf start going on a killing spree? This will give the village one or two extra kills before Worf gets discovered.

The downside is that Worf has great value as a roleclaimer right now, as he is the only confirmed villager. He will lose that if he gets exposed.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:03 AM

wow, crazy day going from having the most votes to leading an evil lynch. Not sure who I like today but I have all day to figure that out.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:03 AM

that would be some serious FPS if the final borg came out with Q and eliminated him from the game.

I guess that they could do this as Picard or Guinan and maybe get away with it, except that the real Guinan would come out and expose the lies.

I don't think that the wolves have a chance at discounting a Guinan who comes out and removes Q from the game.