View Poll Results: Your move?
Push 9 39.13%
Raise less than AI (specify) 13 56.52%
Limp 1 4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-22-2006, 06:52 PM

Default Re: Belgariad game thread

[ QUOTE ]
yes, but the mods won't count that as "outing himself".

Their idea of asharak outing himself is almost strictly him saying I am asharak.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true. We cleared it with VR last night. He is not outing himself if he merely votes with us.

However, regardless of how Mdoran votes, I don't see how we cannot kill Traz tonight.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:52 PM

Basically Mdorand if you vote with the village you win even if the bad guys are lying. If you vote with them you win if they are telling the truth.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
IY,

Explain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Note, I'm not IY.

He's saying to put your vote on Elevens with the rest of the village and sacrifice your win with the bad guys. The bad guys would then have to have Brill kill me today to stand a decent chance of winning. With traz alive tonight, he can see you and convert you to the village side so you can win with the good guys (whom you've thought you've really been playing with all along).

There are two significant caveats that make things ever so interesting that you'll have to work out for yourself. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It can't be that simple - surely they just set Brill on Traz anyway and remove that option from the equation. What I think's wrong with their logic is their apparent belief that Asharak can out himself in the thread by voting for Madorallen and then still control Garion's vote. Them telling him who to switch garion's vote to and him doing so is fine: but them saying "Asharak vote Mandorallen" then a "villager" doing that would seem to me to be about as obvious an outing of Asharak in the thread as you can get short of him signing it "Asharak".

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't read the thread. I already addressed this situation. Asharak does NOT out himself by voting the way we told him to. If you'd like, go ahead and ask VR or Jared - we were very specific on that last night.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MDD, if you need further enticement, here's a picture of Princess Celedra, I hear she's got a thing for 29 year olds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this cheating?? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Nice one.

MDD, by voting for Elevens right now, turning off your computer, and celebrating you birthday for the rest of the night, you can force them to kill Mandor tonight. They will have no choice.

Guys, your flaw in your plan is this - we are not "voting" traz, we are voting mandorallen. We are having Brill kill traz. As soon as he does this, errand wins with us.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Basically Mdorand if you vote with the village you win even if the bad guys are lying. If you vote with them you win if they are telling the truth.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he'll lose if he votes against us. We're gonna kill Traz no matter what.

This way, we don't have to reveal the two unknowns to you, either. You still have somewhat of a guessing game, and we might still be able to pull it off.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
MDD, if you need further enticement, here's a picture of Princess Celedra, I hear she's got a thing for 29 year olds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this cheating?? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Nice one.

[/ QUOTE ]

It took me like 10 minutes to find a picture of a hot looking princess; what's the internet coming to when it takes that long?

I did find another great one actually, but it was way too NSFW.

Oh, and die, evil spawn.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys, your flaw in your plan is this - we are not "voting" traz, we are voting mandorallen. We are having Brill kill traz. As soon as he does this, errand wins with us.

[/ QUOTE ]

If MDD locks his vote, as soon as you kill traz, you will definitely lose.

MDD has all the power here.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he'll lose if he votes against us. We're gonna kill Traz no matter what.

This way, we don't have to reveal the two unknowns to you, either. You still have somewhat of a guessing game, and we might still be able to pull it off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true, I thought about this. With Gorion activated and MDD swinging to the good side, we will have room to mess up. With synsid coming out as the 9th(!) villager, we now have our last 2 bad guys among amplify, boiler, and synsid. We can afford one screwup.

Village is in autowin if we win the coinflip today; definitely.